Karma regen, Karma prohibition, who is waiting on regen?

Started by Derain, November 09, 2018, 10:19:45 AM

One thing where I see karma spending as a problem is delves. Has there ever been a point in the last decade or so where you thought 'We have too many delves, that's getting a problem'?

I'm not sure it's codedly possible, but I would disable karma spending completely for them, and let anyone play one that has a max karma of 1, whatever the current karma level is. Basically the old karma system.
A rusty brown kank explodes into little bits.

Someone says, out of character:
     "I had to fix something in this zone.. YOU WEREN'T HERE 2 minutes ago :)"

I still think just making all ESGs 1 karma would be a good idea. I don't really think the current system of saying "combat" abilities are "stronger" than crafting abilities is a good reason to make certain ESGs cost more. The only difference, really, is what kinds of characters the subguild would appeal to.

Core combat classes are unlikely to take the 2-cost "swordsman" ESG, and more likely to take things like cutpurse or master jewelry crafter, because those grant the skills they lack. Which means, for combat PCs, ESGs generally cost 1 karma. But, on the other hand, the heavy mercantile PCs are the ones most likely to be interested in something like "swordsman", so economic based PCs more often have to pay 2 karma for an ESG, assuming they're willing to give up custom crafting to pick a real subguild.

Basically, the current system ends up punishing less codedly powerful PCs with higher karma costs, in it's current iteration.
I used to have a funny signature, but I felt like no one took me seriously, so it's time to put on my serious face.