Blood spatter

Started by MeTekillot, November 08, 2018, 08:58:45 AM

Blood spatter in rooms from hits that bloody clothing, decays over time or can be scrubbed with soap. Same thing as sawdust more or less but with soap?

Oh god this would be cool
You begin searching the area intently.
You look around, but don't find any large wood.
You think: "Story of my life."

Counter point: Byn sparring halls.

Think of, all those people, who want to spar the unarmored newbie, to see BIG HITZ, and now the entire hall is covered in blood. For this to be a thing, there would need to be code put into sparring weapons, so as to prevent training halls from looking, like a scene of spree murder.

It's already kind of awkward, wiping blood off a sparring sword, when the other guy is rping a light bruise.

Imagine it, after half-giants and muls spar.

"The entire room is coated in blood; it drips from the ceiling."

Welcome to the Byn, Runner!
"Mortals do drown so."

Just make sparring weapons stop bloodying people up because sparring weapons.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Alternatively blood splatter only shows up in rooms where you kill something so hard it splatters blood on other people in the room.

(This is actually what I thought the op meant but I seem to have misread)
You begin searching the area intently.
You look around, but don't find any large wood.
You think: "Story of my life."

Quote from: only_plays_tribals on November 08, 2018, 03:35:24 PM
Alternatively blood splatter only shows up in rooms where you kill something so hard it splatters blood on other people in the room.

I like this. Also could be damage type. With chopping weapons being the messiest.

A thick-jawed, steely eyed dwarf hefts his axe and says, "They call me da Splatterer."

Make it so you only splatter blood if below a certain HP value so it encourages people to not spar till they are at 20 fucking hp

Quote from: Jihelu on November 08, 2018, 04:14:48 PM
Make it so you only splatter blood if below a certain HP value so it encourages people to not spar till they are at 20 fucking hp
I feel like that would just encourage people TO spar until they're at 20 hp.

You say:
OOC Awesome room echo! Will it do that everytime I...

*beep*
A staff member sends:
     "I hate you. :p"

Blood splatter in a room should only trigger from blood splatter code that already exists.

I.e. if you drop someone immediately beyond -10hp during combat, it splatters you already...and the additional code could splatter the room as well.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Quote from: Synthesis on November 08, 2018, 08:41:16 PM
Blood splatter in a room should only trigger from blood splatter code that already exists.

I.e. if you drop someone immediately beyond -10hp during combat, it splatters you already...and the additional code could splatter the room as well.

This.

I love this idea.

Blood splatter code currently doesn't always splatter every item you're wearing. I'd like the same to happen with the room you're in too. So maybe if it's a one-shot kill with a club, it'll splatter the bed, table, chest, bin, and 3 items on the table. If it's just a critical kill after a prolonged fight, it'll splatter the table, chest, and bin - but nothing else since the guy already bled out a bit before the final strike.

But - would like to see random bits of brain matter among the pools of blood. That'd be cool.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Quote from: Lizzie on November 09, 2018, 08:42:11 AM

But - would like to see random bits of brain matter among the pools of blood. That'd be cool.

This is great. I want to quote this.
Not all who wander are lost
-Gandalf the Grey-
Quote from: Lizzie on November 09, 2018, 12:42:11 PM

What did I just walk in. Y'all are bloodthirsty monsters.

Lets make it so when someone dies we can see (dude releases his weapons and crumbles to the ground, soiling himself) and all corpse leggings become stinky.

You know just to add to the blood splatter gore, grins
Just having fun.

Maybe people should evacuate when their stun gets below 25%
The neat, clean-shaven man sends you a telepathic message:
     "I tried hairy...Im sorry"