Alcohol healing

Started by MeTekillot, November 07, 2018, 02:02:15 PM

Drinking alcohol should positively influence your healing and make you regen +1 stun per tick per level of drunkeness you are. This will encourage drunk Waying as well as people drinking heavily in response to wounds.

It's Zalanthas as fuck for the sawbones to give you a shot (or three) of whiskey before he starts picking around in your squirming guts.

Also being drunk should have a chance to negate or seriously lower the amount of damage you would take from a fall.

Quote from: MeTekillot on November 07, 2018, 02:04:22 PM
Also being drunk should have a chance to negate or seriously lower the amount of damage you would take from a fall.

... also damage from carru bashing or good ole warrior bashes.

But seriously, why would alcohol improve healing again?

Folk medicine pain management.

Quote from: zztri on November 19, 2018, 01:39:03 AM
Quote from: MeTekillot on November 07, 2018, 02:04:22 PM

... also damage from carru bashing or good ole warrior bashes.

But seriously, why would alcohol improve healing again?

Seems it would maybe be more realistic if instead of improving healing it somehow prevented you from knowing how injured you actually were. 
You think you're a little banged up but not too bad and then it wears off and you realize you've got a broken leg and you're two hits from being minus health.

Yea. Alcohol doesn't help healing, just numbs the pain. Maybe a lower chance of getting reeled or something would be nice.
Not all who wander are lost
-Gandalf the Grey-
Quote from: Lizzie on November 09, 2018, 12:42:11 PM

But - would like to see random bits of brain matter among the pools of blood. That'd be cool.

Alcohol should give you a health boost while drunk.

Then when you get below your normal max health, you die. Because it doesn't actually make you stronger but you're too drunk to tell.

Just kidding, this would be fucking infuriating.

Quote from: Miggy on November 19, 2018, 12:16:37 PM
Yea. Alcohol doesn't help healing, just numbs the pain. Maybe a lower chance of getting reeled or something would be nice.

Being a woman in a patriarchal community, I never got involved in fights but I've seen enough drunk fights. You can watch a lot in Youtube, too. They reel most possibly much easier than sober people do. If it's to be realistic, they should have lower stun.

Quote from: zztri on November 19, 2018, 02:23:03 PM
Quote from: Miggy on November 19, 2018, 12:16:37 PM

They reel most possibly much easier than sober people do. If it's to be realistic, they should have lower stun.

Yup, they do. One of the biggest dangers of getting hit while drunk is that they often fall in a way where they can't react quickly enough to protect their head from hitting the ground really, really hard.

There really shouldn't be any benefit to getting drunk. I think plenty of people drink plenty of alcohol in the game right now. I wouldn't want to see penalties applied further than they are right now because I don't want people to suddenly have a mass aversion to drinking, but I don't think it needs any "bonuses" either.

Let's just leave it be, imo.
I used to have a funny signature, but I felt like no one took me seriously, so it's time to put on my serious face.