Lamest Deaths?

Started by oggotale, October 31, 2018, 11:50:01 AM

October 31, 2018, 06:16:54 PM #25 Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 06:23:15 PM by Bogre
Quote from: Inks on October 31, 2018, 12:21:51 PM
My lamest deaths are always passing out/forgetting I logged in while at keyboard/ phone and dying to NPCs or dehydration. I always facepalm myself into a coma when that happens. Have lost many amazing or fun characters this way.

Ditto.

Plus little code mistakes that have horrific consequences. Like the one time I tried to drink from a cask of nice clear water on a wagon but 1.cask turned out to be cleaning fluid.

I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

Quote from: MeTekillot on October 31, 2018, 05:41:07 PM
Quote from: Bushranger on October 31, 2018, 05:09:27 PM
Lamest death ever: I lost internet connection for a day, something about construction in the area cutting a cable, which left my character linkdead on a road in Allanak. When I managed to reconnect the next day I found out he was dead. I put in a request to ask how he died because I've had a couple of linkdead deaths and not knowing is pretty bad. I found out he was PKilled while linkdead :(
Merchant's road around Warrior's Crossing?

I don't recall exactly but somewhere around there yes, that side of Allanak.
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

Quote from: razorback on October 31, 2018, 01:14:08 PM
Renting an apartment and finding a skin full of water.
"Free water!"
*poisoned*
Projectile vomiting death. Yay.

The worst.  Examine skin...examine skin!!!!

I friend, years ago, sent me a log of his 1 day old PCs death. The death itself is expected, he shouldn't have been there. But even I at the time with a 20 day character would've gotten a little nervous. I don't have the log anymore, but it went something like...

The man arrives from the east, whistling a travelling a tune.

A raptor has arrived from the west.
A raptor has arrived from the west.

A raptor has arrived from the north.
A raptor has arrived from the north.

He never even got a chance to emote.
A staff member sends:
     "I hate you. :p"

October 31, 2018, 10:52:05 PM #29 Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 11:02:35 PM by Inks
Quote from: yousuff on October 31, 2018, 12:37:25 PM
A black beetle once killed me in the Red Storm bazaar. It just kept walking past the guards to get me, and moved quicker than they had time to attack it. Knocked me to -6hp in two hits, and I bled out after it got insta-gibbed when the soldiers caught up ::)

That sounds pretty awesome to me, I would be cracking up no matter how cool my PC was. Memorable.

I dont know if it's my lamest, or most hilarious death. But I figured I'll post it anyway. To basically describe it. I had ... six? Demons play ping pong with my unconscious self across the world. Each time I'm echoed "You can't see anything; you're sleeping!", that's my body being hurled through one room towards one entity, or another.

A translucent humanoid figure utters an incantation.
Your vision goes black.

[49hp][117mv][0st](sleeping)|sneaking|

The figure in a dusty desert-camouflaged sandcloth duster sprawls across the gro
und, unconscious.

You can't see anything; you're sleeping!

[44hp][133mv][0st](sleeping)|sneaking|
[unarmed][unknown]<sirihish>|riding: nonel

[45hp][133mv][0st](sleeping)|sneaking|
[unarmed][unknown]<sirihish>|riding: none

[45hp][133mv][0st](sleeping)|sneaking|

[44hp][133mv][0st](sleeping)|sneaking|

A sudden gust of cool wind quickly pushes through the area.

[48hp][133mv][0st](sleeping)|sneaking|
An eddy of wind billows about the area for a long moment.

[46hp][133mv][0st](sleeping)|sneaking|
A sudden gust of cool wind quickly pushes through the area.

You dream:
     "You feel light as a feather as you walk through the street, everyone aroun
d you smile at you, waving"

Grains of dust pick up and swirl lazily as the winds shifts briefly.

[49hp][133mv][0st](sleeping)|sneaking|

You dream:
     "A big breasted woman whispers to you as you walk past, "Come by my place t
onight, sweetie cheeks!""

[47hp][133mv][0st](sleeping)|sneaking|
[unarmed][unknown]<sirihish>|riding: none

[47hp][133mv][0st](sleeping)|sneaking|
A soft breeze suddenly blows through the area.

You feel loved and accepted, everyone adoring you, impressed by your deeds and r
eknown.

[50hp][133mv][0st](sleeping)|sneaking|

You dream:
     "You smile as a kid near you asks, "Mommy, can my dad be an elf as well, so
I can be like Thonas?""

[63hp][133mv][0st](sleeping)|sneaking|

[68hp][133mv][0st](sleeping)|sneaking|
You dream:
     "You pause a moment, watching a group of Akai Sjir elves working on a mural
across the wall, you realize that your features are depicted on it"

[74hp][133mv][0st](sleeping)|sneaking|

You dream:
     "You continue on your way, feeling light, almost floating in sheer happines
s, petals of various flowers flying everywhere as crowd cheers at you, tossing t
hem into the air"

[81hp][133mv][0st](sleeping)|sneaking|

[75hp][133mv][0st](sleeping)|sneaking|

-10(94)            -10(94)
You feel very sick...

The End.

October 31, 2018, 11:36:46 PM #31 Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 11:40:38 PM by Classclown
Any time I was hunting and thought I mounted, but typoed and missed it and was killed by scrab, spider, raptor etc...from exhaustion because I was running around without realizing it.

ETA:Yes, this happened enough times for me to say any time, much to my shame. And usually just a few rooms away from a gate.

Did you know that if you go link-dead in a room that's quit-safe, you'll eventually log out?

That doesn't happen if you have a barrier up.

Take a guess.

I think I was a dwarf at the time, or one of my many countless human women, but I'm at the east gate and this elf enters the room, says "Friend" (yep I was a dwarf) and walks up. Turns out he ran too much and was dying of thirst.

I ALWAYS have a full waterskin with me, so I dig into my pack and hand it to him.

"Here you go."

A few seconds pass.

"Its empty."

*beep*
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

Dehydration.

Need to rest your mount, so you post up hide and wait... then you get pulled into a RL work call or something that ends up being way more involved than expected and takes over your attention.

Then you remember that you didn't log off a few hours later, come back to your computer and your PC is dead.

Then you consider sending a res request, but your just not that soft. You'd never be able to look at yourself in the mirror the same way ever again.

Quote from: Cind on November 02, 2018, 02:18:59 AM
I think I was a dwarf at the time, or one of my many countless human women, but I'm at the east gate and this elf enters the room, says "Friend" (yep I was a dwarf) and walks up. Turns out he ran too much and was dying of thirst.

I ALWAYS have a full waterskin with me, so I dig into my pack and hand it to him.

"Here you go."

A few seconds pass.

"Its empty."

*beep*

I dont get it.

I got bored on my first character and walked east till I got murdered by I think a Carru.

I had decent stats.

Rip Jihelu.

Snake bite. I was playing a mage and was bit by a snake, I decided to hole up in a cave and try and wait it out. Then, like a fool, I typed 'sleep'. Now my character can't wake up until their stamina is high enough, and my stamina isn't regenerating because I am suffering from poison.

So over the next 40 minutes I got to watch as my HP slowly ticked down to the point I died. If I hadn't tried to sleep, I could have booked it the short distance to Luir's and bought myself a cure.
3/21/16 Never Forget

That one time when there was the Mek that rampaged in the arena and started climbing out only to rake its claws through the crowds and fling us all into the arena with it.  Then "a certain brilliant templar" decides to release gladiator muls to deal with the Mek.  In charge the Muls who assess the situation with their infinite wisdom and promptly decide that my 20 day warrior who's sitting on his ass, unarmed and holding his helmet in his hand is the ultimate threat!  Insta-head-caved-in pissed off moment...
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

Hitting "n" one too many times in the Labryrinth while at work, only to alt-tab to the Knock-Out blow.

Probably would have survived, too, but there was one buggy NPC that kept attacking (they're designed not to). I woke up, got attacked for big numbers, and spent half an hour bleeding out.

I liked him.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

I had a solid Guild affiliated burglar. Things going well. Riots break out. Go southside to watch the fun. Mob NPC attacks. I flee. Run away. Sit to regen enough to sneak away. Mob catches up. Fucking beeeeeeep. :(
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Quote from: oggotale on November 02, 2018, 10:05:52 AM

"Here you go."

A few seconds pass.

"Its empty."

*beep*

I dont get it.

The game beeps everyone in the room when someone or something dies.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

The elf turned into a good version of itself. Dead.

Quote from: Cind on November 03, 2018, 02:32:48 AM
Quote from: oggotale on November 02, 2018, 10:05:52 AM

"Here you go."

A few seconds pass.

"Its empty."

*beep*

I dont get it.

The game beeps everyone in the room when someone or something dies.

His joke is that there's nothing wrong with extending an elf a fake lifeline and enjoying watching them die.  :D
"Everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother."

"Do not become addicted to water, it will take hold of you and you will resent its absence."

Following a musashi PC off the top of a mountain after a friendly little chat.  ::)

We were both Whirans. HIS anti fall damage spell was still active.  ;D

Imho it doesn't get any lamer than 'death to follow code', because there's realistically no way any non-suicidal character would do that... they'd see the cliff and be like, hell no I'm not taking that last step.

I had just made a city elf in the rinth.  I suddenly found scores of bodies on the eastside.  Sold it all, looked around that day and found no one, so I thought I was in the clear after a few hours.  Logged in the next day to sell more stuff and found the culprit: A half-giant sitting at one of the shops.  He grinned.  I grinned back, thinking there might be some rp.  I was dead before I could type "flee".

I'm not a fan of interlopers in the rinth looking for free sparring.  >:(
Proud Owner of her Very Own Delirium.

Honestly, the rinth is the one place in the game where I'm not sure I'm going to be alive tomorrow when I play there. I kind of really like that about the rinth. Every day you stay alive is a win.

I don't mind that there's death in the Rinth, by any means.  It's the idea that some half giant ran amok in there and murdered almost all of the eastern half of it with seemingly no reason.
Proud Owner of her Very Own Delirium.

50 day Kuraci merchant with a ton of custom items under his belt dying to dehydration in Luir's after I fell asleep.
Bear with me

Many, many day half-giant, post Byn Trooper.  Kills a dujat in a fight that went into the silt.  Skin (salvaging nothing), mount up, wife speaks to me, look over.  Hands not quite on home row.  S instead of E.  Deep silt.

Beep