Lamest Deaths?

Started by oggotale, October 31, 2018, 11:50:01 AM

It hurts, oh it hurts.

What are some moments where you made a dumb mistake or fuck-up, which ended up in a lame, "stupid death" for your character?

October 31, 2018, 12:21:51 PM #1 Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 12:32:10 PM by Inks
 My lamest deaths are always passing out/forgetting I logged in while at keyboard/ phone and dying to NPCs or dehydration. I always facepalm myself into a coma when that happens. Have lost many amazing or fun characters this way.

A black beetle once killed me in the Red Storm bazaar. It just kept walking past the guards to get me, and moved quicker than they had time to attack it. Knocked me to -6hp in two hits, and I bled out after it got insta-gibbed when the soldiers caught up ::)
yousuck

Being PKed by a thrown projectile at less than an hour played back when you couldn't cast at certain tribal tents.

I'm pretty sure I know exactly who did it, too. And even though I love this player, you're still a god damn butthole. <3
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Renting an apartment and finding a skin full of water.
"Free water!"
*poisoned*
Projectile vomiting death. Yay.
A staff member sends:
     "I hate you. :p"

On one of my first characters, I was a hunter in Salaar and it was promotion day. Our lead hunter took a group of us out and we were showing what we had learned during our time as recruits. I did not have a firm grasp of how archery worked so when I went to shoot a black beetle in the distance I used beetle as the keyword and I might of miss keyed either direction or distance (this was over ten years ago) But I shot my mount (war beetle) And it promptly one hit me.

Promotion day, beep, welcome to armageddon.
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

Quote from: Potaje on October 31, 2018, 01:14:51 PM
On one of my first characters, I was a hunter in Salaar and it was promotion day. Our lead hunter took a group of us out and we were showing what we had learned during our time as recruits. I did not have a firm grasp of how archery worked so when I went to shoot a black beetle in the distance I used beetle as the keyword and I might of miss keyed either direction or distance (this was over ten years ago) But I shot my mount (war beetle) And it promptly one hit me.

Promotion day, beep, welcome to armageddon.
Oh. No.
A staff member sends:
     "I hate you. :p"

Half-giant trying to be helpful.  Drunk Kuraci merchant.

"Whoo hoo!  I keep falling down!  Carry me, big fella!"
The shit-faced Kuraci sloppily tosses himself into your arms.

"Um.... Are you /sure/ Merchant Zippittydo-da?"

"Wazza matter?  Giddy-yuuuuuuuuup!!"

Sudue Zippittydo.

Four thousand hooded, dun-cloaked figures arrive from the East.
"Wrong move, criminal!" shout four thousand hooded, dun-cloaked figures.

The shit-faced Kuraci merchant says, in slurred Cavalish, "...oh."

**Beep**
Sitting in your comfort,
You don't believe I'm real,
But you cannot buy protection
from the way that I feel.

Sitting on a bench at extremely heavy encumbrance.. Get backstabbed and promptly two-rounded into critical. No emote or offer for any sort of RP before typing kill on my critical state. Beep. (jerk)

Grinding out your magick, typing out commands and by chance mixing one up and casting it on yourself... Suddenly you're yuqa-level poisoned and dying by accident... Wish up for help, but none comes. Beep.

Linkless. Always linkless.

Satellite connection ... I've gone outside to shake my fist at the sky so many times.

#1 Lamest of all time:  dude in IRC talked me into making a pair of criminals together.  First time we meet up, he murders my PC for the noob coins  ::)

Had a pretty amazing statroll on that burglar, too.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

My sweet, dumb, fun-loving HG from Tuluk, who didn't use spice,  went through the Allanaki gates with something in her pack that unbeknownst to her (and me) was classified as spice.

Waaaaaaah!!!  She put up a valiant but ultimately futile effort to flee for quite a while.  I was so sad.
Quote from: J S BachIf it ain't baroque, don't fix it.

Desert elves on my gith.

Killed by an arrow while sitting in a sandstorm at night.

Quote from: Medena on October 31, 2018, 02:11:25 PM
My sweet, dumb, fun-loving HG from Tuluk, who didn't use spice,  went through the Allanaki gates with something in her pack that unbeknownst to her (and me) was classified as spice.

Waaaaaaah!!!  She put up a valiant but ultimately futile effort to flee for quite a while.  I was so sad.

Didn't know templars would kill you for having spice?

Don't they try to subdue even if you're wanted for murder? I thought the highlord was atleast, kind of merciful.

My greatest shame...

Be Moe, playing a new character:
>Good stat rolls, wonderful personality.  RP clicks IMMEDIATELY.
>Making friends, earning good coin grebbing, very promising future.
>Playing late at night.
>Find a corpse in the market, what luck!
>Loot waterskin.  Mix with my own water supply.
>Wonder about poison...

Be Moe's insomnia-addled brain:
>Different liquid types don't mix.
>This must be pure, safe water!

Be Moe's character:
>Drink.
>That tasted funny.
>BLUUURG BLUUURGH BLUUURGH
>Run to tavern.  Empty.
>Run to other tavern.  Empty.
>Contact everyone.  You cannot find their mind.
>Die alone.

Be Moe:
>Rage at own stupidity.
>Really heartbroken over amazing, fun character.
>Desperately put in a resurrection request.   ( ::) )
>Calm down, own up to own mistake, cancel request with apology note to staff.
>Too painful to roll a new character, quit game for a year.

Quote from: oggotale on October 31, 2018, 02:56:44 PM

Don't they try to subdue even if you're wanted for murder? I thought the highlord was atleast, kind of merciful.

This was a long time ago, like 10+ years, and I think spice code has been changed since then.  Also, I believe that the guards attacking with no attempt to subdue might have had something to do with the fact that my PC was not an Allanak citizen.
Quote from: J S BachIf it ain't baroque, don't fix it.

This is from years ago, when playing in Tuluk.

Out riding my inix to hunt a relatively small, harmless sort of lizard with a relatively new character:

<kill lizard>

You attack a silver-shelled inix!

Mantis head.
I used to have a funny signature, but I felt like no one took me seriously, so it's time to put on my serious face.

Quote from: Heade on October 31, 2018, 03:34:49 PM

Out riding my inix to hunt a relatively small, harmless sort of lizard with a relatively new character:

<kill lizard>

Mantis head.

Seems like key'ing once before killing if you have time is a good idea.

Whyd lizard redirect to inix though?

Quote from: oggotale on October 31, 2018, 03:52:09 PM
Quote from: Heade on October 31, 2018, 03:34:49 PM

<kill lizard>

Mantis head.

Seems like key'ing once before killing if you have time is a good idea.

Whyd lizard redirect to inix though?

1. Key wasn't a command years ago.
2. An inix is a type of lizard, and lizard is/was a keyword for them.

Also re: Medena's HG death: it was a thing that wasn't immediately identifiable as spice, so neither she nor her character knew that's what it was.

Lamest death for me:

Had a burglar out of Red Storm. Back when storms raged both inside and outside the village, sometimes for RL days. I rolled her up during one of those periods. Four days later, and she hadn't left the village. I realized what a stupid idea it was to create her, and tried to kill her off by wandering outside the gates during said tremendous sandstorm.

She wandered til I was out of stamina. So I rested. And nothing killed her. There was no way to log out at the time (quit OOC wasn't a command then) so I just sat there, being frustrated. She started getting hungry. Then thirsty. I couldn't move her, couldn't quit out, and there weren't any baddies. So I just went linkdead. Came back the next day and she was still alive, still starving, still thirsty, still not enough stamina points to move, still no baddies.

I believe I might have had to wish up for a quick death, at that point. The thing that makes it lame: when you are TRYING to get your character killed off and can't succeed.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Because inix are lizards. Especially those that were tamed instead of purchased.

My lamest deaths.

Wearing rat-drape while guiding AoD patrols through sewers.

Doing a lecture to a young mage on mechanics of magical flight and landings as a sorcerer and then walking off a cliff without flying.

The age old kicking someone in a tavern while brawling.

Quote from: Medena on October 31, 2018, 03:05:47 PM
Quote from: oggotale on October 31, 2018, 02:56:44 PM

This was a long time ago, like 10+ years, and I think spice code has been changed since then.  Also, I believe that the guards attacking with no attempt to subdue might have had something to do with the fact that my PC was not an Allanak citizen.

Last time I checked*, if you get crim-flagged as a HG, you're KOS, no matter what your citizenship.

*which was a long, long time ago, mind you
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

If something can't subdue you, they attack you.

If you = HG and gate guard = human..........

Lamest death ever: I lost internet connection for a day, something about construction in the area cutting a cable, which left my character linkdead on a road in Allanak. When I managed to reconnect the next day I found out he was dead. I put in a request to ask how he died because I've had a couple of linkdead deaths and not knowing is pretty bad. I found out he was PKilled while linkdead :(
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

Quote from: Bushranger on October 31, 2018, 05:09:27 PM
Lamest death ever: I lost internet connection for a day, something about construction in the area cutting a cable, which left my character linkdead on a road in Allanak. When I managed to reconnect the next day I found out he was dead. I put in a request to ask how he died because I've had a couple of linkdead deaths and not knowing is pretty bad. I found out he was PKilled while linkdead :(
Merchant's road around Warrior's Crossing?