Animal handling

Started by MeTekillot, October 30, 2018, 11:40:48 PM

A skill involving animal handling equipment that lets you maintain mounts to give them mild to moderate boosts to stamina regen like bandaging does for hp regen. Assessing a mount would tell you if they're well-cared for. Could cost stamina to maintain mounts. Be a good reason to hire someone who knows animals but isn't necessarily a combat char IE stablemasters/quartermasters

I like it. Also makes thematic sense in that a skilled rider would know how best to adjust the straps, handle the animal's needs, and keep from fighting them all the way. +1

Skilled riders already get perks.

Who else is going to get these "equipment handling" perks, other than skilled riders?
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Call it the 'husbandry' skill and make it work on PCs too.

You didn't answer the questions.

1) Why do skilled riders need more perks?

2) Who else other than skilled riders would be getting this husbandry skill?
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Not falling off is not really a perk. It's being competent. Combat bonuses when mounted just make sense. It's a perk, but you paid for it at chargen by not getting something else.

This might be more interesting if it were a perk attached to the pilot skill.  Fits vaguely with the understa ding how to get the most from beasts and gives Pilot to touch of needed love.  Plus a chance to skillgain for piloting a bit on the side.
Sitting in your comfort,
You don't believe I'm real,
But you cannot buy protection
from the way that I feel.

Quote from: Seeker on October 31, 2018, 07:40:36 PM
This might be more interesting if it were a perk attached to the pilot skill.  Fits vaguely with the understa ding how to get the most from beasts and gives Pilot to touch of needed love.  Plus a chance to skillgain for piloting a bit on the side.

That, is a neat idea.
"Mortals do drown so."