Meat and Hunting Overhaul Oddballs

Started by gotdamnmiracle, October 30, 2018, 03:33:42 PM

I am ambivalent about the random creature spawning, just because I think that'd be super hard to implement.

That said, I do think there should be a sort of random spawning! I remember suggesting that some (or most) stationary plants should be done away with and by region spawn like the salt patches do in the salt flats. Additionally you could also have the possibility of spawning some of the more common plants maybe? By using forage in a way similar to how spice patches can be spawned outside of redstorm.

After a reset they disappear again or are reshuffled to a completely different spot. We already have the code to make this happen. It'd just be a matter of jury rigging it a bit. Instead of patch of purplish salt it's a patch of kalan bushes with the possibility to spawn a kalan husk, a twig, and even a kalan or two!

That topic probably deserves its own thread though.
He is an individual cool cat. A cat who has taken more than nine lives.

I liked the Wave Dunes better pre-chalton population boom.

The dunes should be desolate. The chalton should be somehwere with grass and water.

People in the desert should have to hunt small rodents, lizards, snakes and birds... or giant insects.

The red desert feels a little more like a desert in this regard, if you ask me. I avoid the western wave dunes totally now if I can... well, unless I'm hunting chalton hunters ;)

Saw the new mainpage update. Glad to see you guys are still working on this. I think it goes a long way towards making the gameworld a lot more interesting considering how much of it is either monster hunting or depends on monster hunting. Very excited to see what has changed.
He is an individual cool cat. A cat who has taken more than nine lives.