Moonlity Sky v3.0: The Graphical Armageddon Client

Started by RiftTalon, October 25, 2018, 04:25:03 PM

Quote from: HavokBlue on December 05, 2018, 08:43:29 PM
How does the map function work? Do I need to enable something? I'm a mudlet baby.

From what I've gathered, you need to visit a landmark location, for example the Gaj, first. And then navigate either using the numpad, or fully typing north, east, south, west, etc. It won't work with just n e s w

Quote from: Leudoberct on December 06, 2018, 02:27:59 PM
Quote from: HavokBlue on December 05, 2018, 08:43:29 PM
How does the map function work? Do I need to enable something? I'm a mudlet baby.

From what I've gathered, you need to visit a landmark location, for example the Gaj, first. And then navigate either using the numpad, or fully typing north, east, south, west, etc. It won't work with just n e s w

Leudoberct is correct. The map is still in its early stages, and needs to get its bearings somehow. Right now most of the areas I've programmed in as far as that's concerned are near Allanak.

Version 2.2 has been released! This includes a lot of map improvements, as well as support for the Red Desert, Luir's Outpost, and some small side areas. There's also color-coding for your skill menu! Plenty of bugs got squashed too, so they won't annoy you too much anymore.

Thanks so much for this! I always get lost in Red Desert.
THANKS

March 06, 2019, 09:10:47 AM #29 Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 09:21:56 AM by Sokotra
Sweet.  Thanks for all the hard work.

March 14, 2019, 03:52:26 PM #31 Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 03:54:19 PM by Gunnerblaster
So, I quit playing Armageddon after my PC's hard drive crash and a lost of my information, including my Armageddon setup, were permanently lost.

For a returning player, this is beautiful and so nice. Although it will still take time to get back into the swing of things, this whole process has been effortless into helping me get back on track.

Thank you.

Edited to add:
Question: I enjoy playing Armageddon in a half/half window (left is for using my browser, right side is for Arm), but when I have Mushclient halved, it doesn't display 60% of the actual screen. Is there some way to have it resized to fit half it's ratio?
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

For some reason, ever since I tried using this, it has screwed my game up on everything that is not MUSHclient. As in, locations do not show descriptions whatsoever. Is it possible to undo this and fix my game for other devices?

Quote from: Esbit on March 19, 2019, 07:57:35 PM
For some reason, ever since I tried using this, it has screwed my game up on everything that is not MUSHclient. As in, locations do not show descriptions whatsoever. Is it possible to undo this and fix my game for other devices?

Try typing in `brief room off` while playing.

How's Linux users faring with this? I got stuck with it not being able to find the path and when I changed the config file (I think it was at least) to the correct path it still didn't work :/

A bit more fiddling and I'll get it I'm sure. Just not got the patience.
Free your hate.

January 05, 2020, 01:48:16 PM #35 Last Edit: January 05, 2020, 01:53:48 PM by Incognito
Hi, I installed and ran Moonlit Sky, and it has changed some of my in-game settings.

One in particular that I can't figure out, is : earlier, when I checked my skills or listed something in a shop, it would show me a pagelength of skills/items, and then prompt me to PRESS ENTER FOR MORE. Now it just shows me the entire skill list / item list without pause, thus forcing me to scroll back every time.

I'm sure the solution is simple, and something I can't remember, but can someone please help me out to re-set this? Thanks.

** GOT IT: Moonlit Sky changed the pagelength, i reset it back to what I needed.**

For anyone else who needs to fix this - use the pagelength command.
The figure in a dark hooded cloak says in rinthi-accented Sirihish, 'Winrothol Tor Fale?'

Quote from: Incognito on January 05, 2020, 01:48:16 PM
Hi, I installed and ran Moonlit Sky, and it has changed some of my in-game settings.

One in particular that I can't figure out, is : earlier, when I checked my skills or listed something in a shop, it would show me a pagelength of skills/items, and then prompt me to PRESS ENTER FOR MORE. Now it just shows me the entire skill list / item list without pause, thus forcing me to scroll back every time.

I'm sure the solution is simple, and something I can't remember, but can someone please help me out to re-set this? Thanks.

I think this is what you're looking for:

Pagelength                                                     (OOC Commands)

This command sets the number of lines the game records your terminal (or
screen) as having. For example, many systems today allow you to have more
than 24 to 25 lines in a terminal window. If you do not let the game know,
however, it will default to 24 lines per screen, and thus you will receive
more [MORE] prompts than you would need to. Using this command without an
argument will show you the current setting of pagelength.

Syntax:
   pagelength <number>
pagelength

Example:
   > pagelength 32

Notes:
   Page length information is saved with your account, so you should not
need to reset pagelength every time you log in, unless you play the
game from different terminals.

See also:
   infobar, reset

It seems the mapping deal is giving me fits.

Is this because I turned exits on and brief room off?

Please advise!!

Thanks  :D
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Quote from: DesertT on January 06, 2020, 08:51:31 PM
It seems the mapping deal is giving me fits.

Is this because I turned exits on and brief room off?

Please advise!!

Thanks  :D

Exits have to be brief. Room doesn't.

Is there possibly a way to amalgamate this with the Info Bar as per below?

https://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,34979.0.html
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

Hey RiftTalon, awesome work on this, well done.

I noticed that for some people who use this, they're sending "lua DeleteLines(1)" to the game a lot.  Like, it's showing up in the game logs and I suppose not making it to their client.  If you're on the Armageddon Discord you can hit me up to help you figure it out, if you'd like.
"I agree with Halaster"  -- Riev

I've had a version 3.0 lying around for a little while now, so I figured I'd go ahead and release it. With that, I've also moved everything to a Github repository. Setup steps are a little bit different, mapping should be way better, and there are likely plenty of other improvements as well. This was my personal many-steps-ahead client, so it should be a pretty major improvement versus 2.2.

https://github.com/JamesRBDev/moonlit-sky/releases

The main post has been updated to reflect all of this. Thank you, and much love!

Map doesn't work for me. Keeps returning this: "Trigger function "compass" not found or had a previous error."

Deleted and reinstalled. Same problem.

Any help?

I split off the discussion that evolved around 'look all' to a new topic.
"I agree with Halaster"  -- Riev