Armor changed somehow?

Started by only_plays_tribals, October 22, 2018, 10:05:34 AM

Is armor suffering some kind of issue? It seems to be exploding to the degree that I've lost two pieces of armor in the last 24 hours.. from what amounts to scratches, even though the equipment was brand new without sign of wear, and I keep feeling the need to caution people OOCly. Is anyone else noticing this? I filed a bug but I just figured I'll throw this out here so people don't blow up a set of gear and end up nude in the wilds  :P
You begin searching the area intently.
You look around, but don't find any large wood.
You think: "Story of my life."

October 22, 2018, 11:11:09 AM #2 Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 11:12:51 AM by Nao
I was wondering the same thing after an item got to cracked twice in two consecutive RL days. It seems like there was a recent change to the code handling armor damage.
A rusty brown kank explodes into little bits.

Someone says, out of character:
     "I had to fix something in this zone.. YOU WEREN'T HERE 2 minutes ago :)"

Quote from: evilcabbage on October 22, 2018, 10:18:31 AM
buy better armor?

one "barely grazing" blow from a low-damage animal shouldn't be ruining armor. I'm being literal here. Brand new, stuff bought from a GMH. Ruined with one swipe that wasn't enough to ding 2 hp. That's a little intense.

This is clearly a bug. File reimbursment request and a bug report with a log if possible?

Oh I did that but I felt compelled to caution people and double check if something was up, so staff doesn't end up with a crap pile of reimbursement requests, and the players don't end up in a bunch of awkward situations where a tregil is pantsing them lol.

I might repost this in ask the staff, just to be safe.
I used to have a funny signature, but I felt like no one took me seriously, so it's time to put on my serious face.

Wish I'd read the forums before ending up naked after going hunting... :P
What kind of jerkoff shakes a tent in the dark? Go out there and see who or what that is.

Now you know the pain of being a city elf.

Might be a bug, but certain armors break a lot faster than others, so might not be.

It was a bug involving sandcloth armor breaking exceedingly easy. A fix was put in as of the morning of 10/23/2018 at that reboot, if I recall the timing properly.

If there are still issues then please put in a bug report so we can validate if there is something wrong or it is behaving as expected.