Attach Fixed Dice Rolls/Card Slips to a Command

Started by Cind, October 17, 2018, 06:11:54 AM

Perhaps the command would go under 'latch' or under the general umbrella of 'sleight of hand' (which includes slip, palm, latch and unlatch.)

This would be a command you could use to fix, or try to fix, the roll of numbered dice, picture dice, or the flip of cards during a round of Kruth.

>roll dice table high instead of >roll dice table, for example, or >roll dice table low.

Right now, it seems like you can't try to codedly cheat at cards or dice.

>deal card tall.muscular high (this would allow you to try to cheat with the tall, muscular man based on the traditional rules of kruth.)

>deal card tall.muscular water (this would allow you to try to deal the tall, muscular man a water card, based on perhaps non-traditional kruth, or the fact that water is low in traditional kruth.)

It would probably be a good idea if this skill wasn't too common, but still attainable beneath the karma gate.
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

Just like in real cards, you have to know where the "target" card is, in the deck, before you can try to cheat it to someone. So you'd basically need to turn the deck over before the game starts. Look at the deck. Pick the card you want someone else to get (or yourself). Hide it in your unpocketed, unheld inventory (where someone "peeking" might find it but that's always possible in cards).

Then when the game starts, you would shuffle deck-1 and that'd shuffle the deck, minus the one card in your inventory (so the code actually ignores that card). Or maybe every card is assigned a coded number, and you'd shuffle deck-22 to ensure that card #22 doesn't get shuffled. But you would still have to have card #22 taken OUT of the deck, before you start shuffling it.

And THEN

You can deal 5 sue;deal 5 amos; deal 5 malik; deal 4(22) me

And you end up with the card you wanted.

During this entire process, someone "watching" you with a high "scan" skill will have a fair chance of catching you do it.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

That seems like a better way to do it.

I was thinking earlier today, the way people of that era of technology would load dice would be to make the dice themselves. For dice, perhaps they would need sleight of hand AND a relevant craft skill. This way, they could make their own identical, loaded dice--- one pair that tends to roll high, and one pair that tends to roll low. But _make them have to have the necessary skill in order to roll them appropriately_ or no one will ever play dice with anyone else again. (Yes, I know, ouch realism. But, perhaps the dice have a low chance of still being used correctly just by default.)

When someone can craft something like this, it tends to fload the market---- except when you can't sell it to npcs, such as picks. As a non-stealthy, I hardly ever get to even see a pick.

Loaded dice aren't illegal, you say. That's only because people aren't using them yet.
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

Would be a neat addition. I HAVE found some cheeky ways to cheat at Kruth and pulled them off ig with steal/plant/sleight of hand and two decks of kruth cards.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."