Remove infinity silk merchants

Started by MeTekillot, October 09, 2018, 01:28:01 AM

Linen is already extraordinarily limited (I believe its two lengths of white and one length each of other colors) per reboot in Allanak. I don't even use that store that much and it still pisses me off. If you didn't change the price of silk there, to be honest, you deserve as many rolls as you're willing to buy. Besides, 1) Wearing enough silk is going to put you in the Arena, 2) You will never make a profit as an indie on silk, and 3) A length costs as much as a mount does.
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

System is not broken really when it comes to silk specifically, but in general more stores that sell raw materials might benefit from max quantities and a kind of replenishment system. It would be cool if raw silk bolls could be bought from hagglers in remote locations. Now you have a new participant in the silk trade (or any number of possible trades) that increases the complexity of the economy for that item from beyond a merchant crafter and an NPC.

But should this be a priority to fix/nerf/enhance? I don't think so. At any given time, no more than a handful of merchants are using these methods and as Vex points out their game can be easily jacked. Think of the fact that most indie merchants pay large bribes to burglars and burglar groups also..
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

Quote from: Harmless on October 14, 2018, 01:40:53 PM
more stores that sell raw materials might benefit from max quantities and a kind of replenishment system.

I think this is a good idea. Particularly when game reboots don't really seem to occur on any sort of schedule.
I used to have a funny signature, but I felt like no one took me seriously, so it's time to put on my serious face.