Estranged Veterans' Perspective

Started by Marauder Moe, October 04, 2018, 04:46:13 PM

Quote from: Derain on December 11, 2018, 07:42:54 AM
I'm closer and closer to leaving the game and it's mostly the meta-bullshit and hand holding for certain characters I keep seeing. Also how lame it's gotten allowing clear abuse of the in game boards and the posts being left and others getting deleted because they "violate" the in game board rules. There is other things that have pissed me off as well but I can't go into them because they are too IC and recent but man.. it makes it hard to keep loving this game.

Doctor Medena's prescription for what ails you:  take a break from the game.  If you're not having fun then don't do it.  Chances are that when you come back you'll be loving the game again.  I know I am and I think that numerous other vets who have returned in the last few months are enjoying it too.
Quote from: J S BachIf it ain't baroque, don't fix it.

Maybe another staff/player meeting where these issues could be addressed in an open exchange would prove useful.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Quote from: boog on December 11, 2018, 10:46:47 PM
Maybe another staff/player meeting where these issues could be addressed in an open exchange would prove useful.

+1
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

Quote from: Potaje on December 12, 2018, 12:48:16 AM
Quote from: boog on December 11, 2018, 10:46:47 PM

+1

+2
Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

Quote from: Derain on December 11, 2018, 07:42:54 AM
I'm closer and closer to leaving the game and it's mostly the meta-bullshit and hand holding for certain characters I keep seeing. Also how lame it's gotten allowing clear abuse of the in game boards and the posts being left and others getting deleted because they "violate" the in game board rules. There is other things that have pissed me off as well but I can't go into them because they are too IC and recent but man.. it makes it hard to keep loving this game.

So, get away from it, all of it.

Stalker and Scout are both ideally suited, to leaving Allanak/Luirs behind. Once you're free and away, it is much easier to enjoy the game without meta interferences. We have less people doing so, but, the interactions tend to be more enjoyable and mutually appreciated, not to mention respectful, on the player to player level.

Encounters are sometimes friendly, but usually tense and full of suspicions, just as it should be. It has less people walking up and interrogating each other for life stories, so as to become BFFs right away, and people tend towards cool tempers, rather than knee jerky murder. I assume, it's because there aren't a lot of us out there to interact with, so each loss, means less chance of future interactions.

Not a perfect solution, but, if you're tired and frustrated with the state of things, but don't want to give up the game you enjoy, consider hermit life. It helps if you can easily keep up a mental story, for your pc, because there aren't any volleyballs to buddy up with, between chance encounters.
"Mortals do drown so."

Good advice Vex thanks.
"Bring out the gorgensplat!"

Miscreant is really good for avoiding people, too.  You can be as much of a ghost as you'd like to be.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.