ReOpening Tuluk: An HRPT Idea for Growth/Interest

Started by Bebop, October 03, 2018, 01:18:08 PM

Don't really think we need to bag on sponsored roles OOCly for making an effort at involving players in their schemes.

I think, we can bag on some of them, just a little.
"Mortals do drown so."

Quote from: Vex on November 05, 2018, 02:46:22 PM
Is there any reason, beyond headcrabs, that it couldn't be opened without staff support?

That is to say, the gates are open, PCs can visit, and hang around, travel to and from, with the simple out of game acceptance, that staff do no support it (no indie clans, no proper clans, no sponsor roles, no support, beyond basic bug fixes, etcs etcs). It works in Red Storm, and there is, imo, a fairly sizeable portion of players, who prefer playing, without the meddling of sponsor roles, and their snowflake need to micro people. Those people already, don't join clans, or interact with those kinds of roles, so it isn't as if it'll be a drain on Allanak/Luirs clan pops.

Call it, an experiment. Players can play there, and any plots going on, are pure player, with no staff involvement, no sponsor roles, or special benefits for anyone.

If nothing else, it would at least eliminate the ooc unknown, of wtf is up, with Tuluk.

It doesn't do much more than Morin's if there's no support, other than just having more rooms.
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

No support means no Templars. No Soldiers. No ability to get let out of Jail, or interact with a Sergeant/Officer/Templar to bribe your way out.

No support means being unable to talk to a single sponsored-role-required position in the city. You cannot be the antithesis to Allanak if you have no PCs who can even remotely control a semblance of an army.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

It works pretty well, for Red Storm?

I guess, if people insist on having all of the cake, and eating it too, all or nothing, it'll remain the awkward, closed down black hole in the north. Simply having it open, imo, at least lets people include it, or exist as Tuluki pcs, without being stuck in Morins or Luirs, as their only options.

Morins doesn't even have apartments, which brick walls a lot of player endeavors.

Luirs is, basically, little Allanak.

In this case, something, seems a lot better than nothing. If people want to play legitimate Tuluks, let them do it out of Tuluk. I mean... its just sitting there... perfectly serviceable... treat it like a really big Red Storm, and leave it up to players. Doesn't seem too complicated, to me.
"Mortals do drown so."

Quote from: Vex on November 06, 2018, 03:16:34 PM
It works pretty well, for Red Storm?

I guess, if people insist on having all of the cake, and eating it too, all or nothing, it'll remain the awkward, closed down black hole in the north. Simply having it open, imo, at least lets people include it, or exist as Tuluki pcs, without being stuck in Morins or Luirs, as their only options.

Morins doesn't even have apartments, which brick walls a lot of player endeavors.

Luirs is, basically, little Allanak.

In this case, something, seems a lot better than nothing. If people want to play legitimate Tuluks, let them do it out of Tuluk. I mean... its just sitting there... perfectly serviceable... treat it like a really big Red Storm, and leave it up to players. Doesn't seem too complicated, to me.

Red Storm isn't Allanak's arch nemesis. The Sandlord isn't The Sun King.

If Tuluk were to be opened without support you'd ALL be bitching about it six months in how it's become "little allanak" because there's no law handling things. Or it feels half assed. Or it becomes where everyone who is playing against the norm goes to do their dirty deeds. It feels so out of character just thinking about it. 

Thank God staff already said nothing's happening in flowerland for at least six months.
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.