Alley-safe Equipment

Started by gotdamnmiracle, September 28, 2018, 04:33:04 PM

I've never said alternatives shouldn't be available; you yourself said you came up with an alternative.  I'm saying that alternatives just don't necessarily need to be facilitated into a new thing that is widely available.

I tend to appreciate that 'rinthers have different ways of doing their weaponry.  My 'rinthers keep sheathed weapons at the ready, lethal weapons in a readily accessible spot, and utility weapons in a less accessible spot that can be accessed if I need that utility.  If the circumstance makes that utility hard to use, then I pass up on that circumstantial event.

It makes for a pretty subtle, but present difference in how people from different places 'work', almost like a built in weapon-styles documentation that is built around code utility rather than created documents.

Also, I'm sure those people who do decide to take up custom crafting will appreciate the fact that there are built in stimuli in game that send people their way for business and interaction.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Quote from: evilcabbage on October 10, 2018, 06:29:13 PM
then pay people to craft it in game.

I think it needs more attention than one item a month or longer, assuming that person doesn't dip out because playing crafters is painful. But I'll take your suggestion into consideration.
He is an individual cool cat. A cat who has taken more than nine lives.

Master Salarri: "Okay, is this what you wanted?"

Rinther mob-boss: "No. Make it shittier."

Sheaths are a problem because there's only the one I actually know of. (I'll trust that there's more, but I've just never seen it.) However I have had success with sheaths being worn in locations that you can "close cloak" and hide from muggers.

I've had people ask me to make alley gear and it's always somewhat laughable. "Yeah, okay. I'll just go forage in the middens behind the Byn compound and mastercraft you something right up."

Can't be overdressed if you're naked.

And to address the first post: shields are for northies and soldiers. Dual wielding is the documented preference of the alley.

Quote from: BadSkeelz on October 10, 2018, 07:54:12 PM
Can't be overdressed if you're naked.

And to address the first post: shields are for northies and soldiers. Dual wielding is the documented preference of the alley.

No joke, this is the best answer I've heard thusfar. Appreciated. That honestly explains a lot.
He is an individual cool cat. A cat who has taken more than nine lives.