Player Karma levels from ask the staff

Started by frankjacoby, September 06, 2018, 06:34:08 PM

The response to what is the distribution of the Karma levels topic, be Siedhr was:

I'd ballpark it as:
3 karma - 10% of active players
2 karma - 40% of active players
1 karma - 30% of active players
0 karma - 20% of active players

And that's about where we want the numbers to be, I think.  The bar for 3 karma is (intentionally) very high.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Some people might interpret that last section as meaning that you are going to keep the non 3-karma level people down, personally, at the risk of being permanently kept where I am, I think it sends a bad message to the non 3-karma people.

Is it possible to address this issue please?
I'd like some reassurance that any work I am putting into, to benefit the game and other players is not going to waste to satisfy a quota system, which is how the majority of us define Karma.  In addition, some may also feel that the redistribution to the 4-tier system was intentionally done to keep people from being able to enjoy features that are not available upon creation.

September 06, 2018, 07:26:54 PM #1 Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 07:28:27 PM by Brytta Léofa
https://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,54048.0.html

...for context. FWIW I think the answers in that thread are reasonably comprehensive.
<Maso> I thought you were like...a real sweet lady.

Thank you, I had not read that particular thread, can we lock this please or delete?