Add reroll undo to HP.

Started by RogueGunslinger, August 19, 2018, 03:12:25 PM

It's dumb that you get a different value of HP when you undo a reroll.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on August 19, 2018, 03:12:25 PM
It's dumb that you get a different value of HP when you undo a reroll.
+1
yousuck

Sometimes its better. Sometimes its not. But for me its never been very much of a change. Few hit points at most. I think I remember staff saying its because hp and mana and movement are all random rolls too? Something like that.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand."
― Michael Scott, The Warlock

August 19, 2018, 06:23:59 PM #3 Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 06:20:49 PM by Cabooze
Reroll undo should bring you back to the /exact/ roll you rerolled from, rather than rounding to the nearest value which is often times lower, rather than higher. Far too punishing to undo your rerolls, sometimes it can make or break your character concept. ..eheheheh...

It does bring you back to the exact stat roll.

It then redoes the derived rolls for hp and whatnot.

It is annoying losing a couple of health but not concept breaking. Jesus. I would also like it to remain the same when you undo though.

It has just as much mathematical chance to help you as it does to hurt you, right?

Quote from: Miradus on August 20, 2018, 02:21:58 PM

It has just as much mathematical chance to help you as it does to hurt you, right?

Which is likely why we only hear of the excerpts from those who are hurt by it... Those who benefit are going to be quite happy to keep quiet  ;D
Lizard time.

August 27, 2018, 06:21:13 AM #8 Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 06:23:14 AM by Inks
It is anecdotal but I have gained HP once and lost hp every single other time. I would just like it to stay the same so I can do that chance reroll without fear.

That being said. I don't mind at all if it stays like it is.