Naked NPCs

Started by teacup, July 29, 2018, 04:38:27 PM

July 29, 2018, 04:38:27 PM Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 05:16:28 PM by nessalin
1, Fix all the naked NPCs.

August 01, 2018, 01:07:02 PM #1 Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 05:16:41 PM by nessalin
Quote from: teacup on July 29, 2018, 04:38:27 PM

I really like the idea of fixing all the naked NPCs.  What is the best way to solve this problem?  If we see a naked NPC, does staff generally want us to:

A.  Use the bug command in game.  ie: bug naked npc a naked merchant stands here
B.  Fill out a request via armageddon.org.  ie: Yo mang, there's a naked NPC in the bazaar.  NPC a naked merchant stands here  ->submit->sent
C.  Ignor the naked NPC and go on with Zalanthian life?

Of course, if it's meant to be naked, then of course we RP it out.

August 01, 2018, 02:00:11 PM #2 Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 05:16:48 PM by nessalin
Quote from: Scrumpkin on August 01, 2018, 01:07:02 PM

I really like the idea of fixing all the naked NPCs.  What is the best way to solve this problem?

I think the easiest way would be for a coder to write a program to autodress an NPC upon reboot, have a Builder run an NPC List and break it down to the city/area and caste the NPCs are in. Each NPC would need a brief update where the Builder defines what the NPC will load with in 3-5 program-set lines. IE if you have a random slave in Allanak roaming the roads the Builder would type the object number for a pair of sandals, a pair of pants, a slave collar, and maybe a shirt into each set line.

August 01, 2018, 09:26:10 PM #3 Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 05:16:55 PM by nessalin
Quote from: Scrumpkin on August 01, 2018, 01:07:02 PM

I really like the idea of fixing all the naked NPCs.  What is the best way to solve this problem?  If we see a naked NPC, does staff generally want us to:

A.  Use the bug command in game.  ie: bug naked npc a naked merchant stands here
B.  Fill out a request via armageddon.org.  ie: Yo mang, there's a naked NPC in the bazaar.  NPC a naked merchant stands here  ->submit->sent
C.  Ignor the naked NPC and go on with Zalanthian life?

Of course, if it's meant to be naked, then of course we RP it out.

The issue with the naked merchant NPCs is that they're created and cycled sometimes by a script, which is responsible for having different inventories - seasonally, etc.  The fix involves updating the code for the script, not the particular NPC.  We know it's a bug and at some point maybe a coder will update the script to load NPC worn equipment, but it's nothing that "normal" individual staff can fix (even Admins and Producers) so having another request or bug to resolve about it solves nothing. 

The NPCs themselves are set up to have clothing, it's just the script doesn't load it - so they load naked.

Thus... if you see an NPC that is naked, and it's a merchant, likely just ignore it - because ^.

If it's not a merchant, ignore it, and then you could bug it.  Please don't send in a request about it unless it's like URGENTLY impeding your ability to play the game for some reason.  (I find it hard to believe that would be the case).