Half giants and coins

Started by MeTekillot, July 29, 2018, 03:35:08 PM

Half giants should see a random number any time they have more than 50 coins on their person. A give command exceeding 50 coins should be randomized to an incorrect number. Half giants should always overpay by a random amount when they personally buy something.

Get rid of count for HG.
The offer command only says, "Yes, ill buy that", if they can.
List command just shows what's for sale, no value.
Nenyuk won't take sid from HG because they get tired of counting it, or they are fined earlier from smaller balances.
-Stoa

Quote from: stoicreader on July 29, 2018, 03:53:16 PM
Get rid of count for HG.
The offer command only says, "Yes, ill buy that", if they can.
List command just shows what's for sale, no value.
Nenyuk won't take sid from HG because they get tired of counting it, or they are fined earlier from smaller balances.

So anyone who's paid attention to shops and prices (aka veterans) would have no problem knowing what those shops are actually selling things for, while relative newcomers (via special app, since HG is a karma-restricted race) might have the OOC disadvantage, again.

How about we just cap value and haggle for HGs? And you know there might be some idiot-savants - who wouldn't know a gith ambush if they walked into one, use a stuffed gwoshi doll as a weapon, and thinks the Sun Runners are his lost tribe, but know numbers better than a Nenyuk.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Eh, who cares?  Why are you so worried about HGs with coins?

Personally, I think it's absurd to think that people would routinely be attempting to bamboozle enormous humanoids that can literally kill you in a single blow on a whim.

I mean...c'mon now.  You have a choice:  give this extremely dangerous thing an actual good deal where you both come out ahead, or try to scam him and hope he doesn't separate your torso from your lower body.  I think 99 times out of 100, even an elf is going to take the safe play, and try to score those extra 'sids by scamming someone else.

None of the primary classes with haggle are things that HGs are really going to pick, anyway.  Not a big deal.  Value is a pretty useless skill without haggle, unless you're using it for the weight value instead of the 'sid value...and that's fair game for a simple intellect.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.