Body odor

Started by MeTekillot, July 27, 2018, 11:12:08 AM

I know everyone already smells like dust and sweat, but your clothes aren't always sweat-stained unless you exert yourself heavily. Maybe if you exert yourself heavily, you also smell especially pungent like body odor.

if movement points < 30% max movement points then personal smell = stinky

stinky smell timer = 60 minutes rl

if stinky smell timer == 0 than remove stink

if use soap / perfume than remove stink

How else can we trigger the stink, besides a movement point trigger?   Or is that good enough?
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

I imagine the default smell for a Zalanthan is the equivalent of a bum IRL.  That's what "dust and sweat" means.  Unless you're actively using perfume, oil, soap, or whatever, you already smell as bad as a human being can smell without taking active steps to intentionally smell worse.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

July 27, 2018, 12:49:31 PM #3 Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 03:21:59 AM by Molten Heart
"It's too hot in the hottub!"

-James Brown

https://youtu.be/ZCOSPtyZAPA

Well, you do, it's just I'm typically staring at your e-tits instead of checking your e-smell with 'sniff'. Maybe smells could be appended at the end of look or examine or assess. Perhaps not assess.

There are other games that have a scent code thing, where when you craft or fight or go through gross areas you get a scent timer flagged on you. You can wash it off with soap or you can mask it with a better smell like perfume. This flag is seen from your desc and sdesc, so like 'so and so is here, smelling of lavender' or 'so and so is sitting here at the bar, smelling of sweat and tannins'. They can piggy-back each other if you're sweaty and have been tanning using tanning pits. It boosts the need for and use of soap and perfumes. Even if it was just in the desc like when you're injured that would be cool. No hiding that you've been dung-scooping!

Quote from: mansa on July 27, 2018, 11:46:16 AM
if movement points < 30% max movement points then personal smell = stinky

stinky smell timer = 60 minutes rl

if stinky smell timer == 0 than remove stink

if use soap / perfume than remove stink

How else can we trigger the stink, besides a movement point trigger?   Or is that good enough?

Is this how it works for sweat-stained clothes? Maybe it could just be tied to that somehow. Like if your clothes get sweat stained, there is an odor.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand."
― Michael Scott, The Warlock

If you smell, it should make hide difficult. This way you can't hide from raptor and other critters without cleaning yourself off of the default scent.
-Stoa

Quote from: stoicreader on July 29, 2018, 04:11:01 PM
If you smell, it should make hide difficult. This way you can't hide from raptor and other critters without cleaning yourself off of the default scent.

I dont think this is nessesary, raptors and other predators are already pretty good at finding people.

Believe me.

As long as I can spend a butt load of coins to scent myself or my clothing when it gets stinky. Like people do. The Zalanthan equivalent of college dudes and Axe.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Might be an interesting 'on/off' toggle that people could buy into, or not. nosave scent.

If people smell terrible, it'd be cool if they had a forced 'hemote' that ticked every 5-10RL minutes. Terrible smell would come from wearing Labyrinth/Gith clothing/armor, being covered in bloodied clothing/armor, wearing certain items that have an odor attached to them, and so on.

If people smell amazing, it'd be cool if they had a forced 'hemote' that ticked every 5-10RL minutes. Amazing smells would come from perfumes, or using strigils and oil.

If people smell like spice, it'd be cool if they had a forced 'hemote' that ticked every 5-10RL minutes. If they smoked spice and have the 'scent' on them, it would waft up.

If people smell more or less normal, nothing happens.
Live your life as though your every act were to become a universal law.

--Immanuel Kant