Author Topic: Developer Request: Quality of Life improvements to the game  (Read 38724 times)

PriestlySiren

Re: Developer Request: Quality of Life improvements to the game
« Reply #650 on: May 18, 2019, 12:51:24 PM »
Add a prompt option to show threaten status.

Wday

« Reply #651 on: May 18, 2019, 01:03:29 PM »
It would be cool if we could give hitched mounts that are resting a sdesc. the brown inix is here tied to a tree.  type deal.
Well that almost worked.

Synthesis

« Reply #652 on: May 19, 2019, 03:43:15 AM »
Add command emotes to the clean command.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: Smuz
I come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: Vanth
Synthesis, you scare me a little bit.

oggotale

« Reply #653 on: May 19, 2019, 05:47:02 AM »

There's something I never realised I wanted till now. While were at it why not make emotes for all the foraging commands too?

rinthrat

« Reply #654 on: May 20, 2019, 01:45:13 PM »
Code: [Select]
empty satchel bag
You aren't a 'satchel' to empty.

There's a 'carrying' missing here.

Cabooze

« Reply #655 on: May 21, 2019, 03:10:02 AM »

Add emotes to the fill command. Skin. Backstab and Sap. Would be so good.

Krath

« Reply #656 on: May 22, 2019, 05:07:57 PM »
Allow two weapons to be sheathed on your back, like real life. Not sure why we cant do this now.

Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

Tekky

« Reply #657 on: May 22, 2019, 09:13:07 PM »
Allow two weapons to be sheathed on your back, like real life. Not sure why we cant do this now.

You can! There are back-sheaths in the game that would allow this! Or a multitude of scabbards.

Hauwke

« Reply #658 on: May 22, 2019, 09:33:04 PM »
As much as I would love to be able to sheath two swords on my back without the use of an equipment piece, even sheathing a single weapon without equipment makes little sense.

Synthesis

« Reply #659 on: May 23, 2019, 03:27:35 AM »
If you're sitting at a table, and you try to sit at the same table (because you forgot you were sitting at that table already), the code makes you stand up and then re-sit at the table, which looks stupid.  It would be better if the code simply returned "you're already sitting at <table>."
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: Smuz
I come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: Vanth
Synthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Cerelum

« Reply #660 on: May 23, 2019, 12:23:40 PM »
If you're sitting at a table, and you try to sit at the same table (because you forgot you were sitting at that table already), the code makes you stand up and then re-sit at the table, which looks stupid.  It would be better if the code simply returned "you're already sitting at <table>."

To expand on this, make inventory be removed to take it off.

I canít tell you how many times Iíve tried to put bone bag and removed armor or sunslits or whatever instead of a length of bone.
Quote from: brytta.leofa
Yeah, seriously...find out OOC.

gotdamnmiracle

« Reply #661 on: May 23, 2019, 04:36:22 PM »

To expand on this, make inventory be removed to take it off.

I canít tell you how many times Iíve tried to put bone bag and removed armor or sunslits or whatever instead of a length of bone.

Uh, no? I like that I can slip my facewrap off quickly and shove it in my pocket. Also this isn't happening to you because it pulls from inventory first before worn items. No matter what you will always put the length of bone in the bag before your bone sunslits unless you aren't actually carrying the bone or it doesn't actually have the keyword bone. This would be a reduction in quality of life.
He is an individual cool cat. A cat who has taken more than nine lives.

Hauwke

« Reply #662 on: May 25, 2019, 08:50:47 PM »
A way to stop members of your clan from going past the direction you are guarding, there are not a whole lot of times it would be used, but sometimes it is needed and you straight up just can't stop them passing you regardless of whether you want to or not.

Cabooze

« Reply #663 on: May 26, 2019, 03:42:05 AM »
A way to stop members of your clan from going past the direction you are guarding, there are not a whole lot of times it would be used, but sometimes it is needed and you straight up just can't stop them passing you regardless of whether you want to or not.

I could see this getting implemented as a nosave option

nosave clan or something to that effect.

mansa

« Reply #664 on: May 26, 2019, 06:10:06 AM »

Or maybe modify guard with clan a rank behind it.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Hauwke

« Reply #665 on: May 26, 2019, 08:34:19 AM »

Or maybe modify guard with clan a rank behind it.

I feel like that wouldn't be ideal, if for example the person guarding the southern exit from someone was the same rank as that someone then what would happen?

Alternatively, maybe a guard command that specifically guards something from a specific person. E.g. guard south Amos, would cause Amos, and only Amos to be kept from going south.

Veselka

« Reply #666 on: May 26, 2019, 02:56:08 PM »
Have 'nosave arrest' make it so your PC is submitting to subdue attempts by NPCs/PCs of the law. But have it that if you resist afterwards, you are flagged as a criminal, AKA, resisting arrest.

Currently, 'nosave arrest' mostly affects when your PC is already wanted, and instead of resisting an NPC running in to subdue you, you go quietly. But as it currently stands, if you are a PC submitting to an arrest/subdue of another PC who is in the AoD Militia, you can flee/break subdue without being flagged a criminal. This seems counter intuitive, as if you had 'nosave arrest' off and a PC AoD member tried to subdue you, and they failed/you resisted, you would be flagged a criminal. So it's kind of like a get out of jail free card.
Live your life as though your every act were to become a universal law.

--Immanuel Kant

Cabooze

« Reply #667 on: May 26, 2019, 06:28:48 PM »
Give Celves a little more love and playability.

Let them have a fraction of the reduced MV usage that Delves get from wilderness travel. Not enough to be able to be competitive, but enough to make a difference between yourself walking and a human walking beside you. Kinda fucks with your elven logic when a human (or even a dwarf) can keep pace with you and tires out AFTER you do (because you probably have lower mv points because of your weak elven strength and endurance).

After all, the only difference between Delves and Celves is psychology, not physiology. Celves will probably tire themselves out faster than Delves because they are craving that sweet walled-in shade and that could be the reasoning they don't get the same benefits as a Delf, but for them to get no benefits at all is just...  :'(
« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 06:31:34 PM by Cabooze »

Midori

« Reply #668 on: May 28, 2019, 06:53:52 AM »
Three numbered dice that can be rolled together. A single numbered die that can be rolled. (For those of us determined to have games within the game :) ).

mansa

« Reply #669 on: May 28, 2019, 07:37:27 AM »
Three numbered dice that can be rolled together. A single numbered die that can be rolled. (For those of us determined to have games within the game :) ).

Building on that:

>craft die 2.die 3.die 4.die 5.die

You can make:
1 - a handful of dice (no fail possible)
2 - a set of four dice AND a single die (no fail possible)
2 - a trio of dice AND a pair of dice (no fail possible)

Basically, use the craft skill to manage adding and subtracting dice to have anywhere between 1 - 5 dice.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Cerelum

« Reply #670 on: May 28, 2019, 09:36:08 AM »
Are you trying to make it possible to play dungeons and dragons in the game?

If so that would be hilarious to have a bunch of people sitting at the table together rolling dice for hit and damage rolls.
Quote from: brytta.leofa
Yeah, seriously...find out OOC.

Riev

« Reply #671 on: May 28, 2019, 11:37:09 AM »
Are you trying to make it possible to play dungeons and dragons in the game?

If so that would be hilarious to have a bunch of people sitting at the table together rolling dice for hit and damage rolls.

Dungeons and Dragons was, after all, a culmination of many cultures and wartime generals trying to predict the outcome of battles based on troops and landscape.
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

gotdamnmiracle

« Reply #672 on: May 28, 2019, 02:06:41 PM »
Can we get room bury and room pack? Playing a low strength character (among a number of disadvantages) makes it nearly impossible to lift NPC or PC bodies and thus they can't be packed or buried. It's essentially a coded tool that you lose if your stats roll low enough at chargen.

I find it funny that if you're an elf you lose the ability (entirely) to dispose of a body save for some really funky magick shit or possibly leading a vulture or scrab to it. Is that one of their traditions too perhaps? Their pride disallows them from burying or hiding the people they've killed just like it disallows them from riding (or taming apparently) mounts? Lol
He is an individual cool cat. A cat who has taken more than nine lives.

Cabooze

« Reply #673 on: May 30, 2019, 11:34:04 PM »
allow for riposte to function with nosave combat.

As it is, riposte immediately puts you into attack mode even if you're trying to be completely defensive.

MeTekillot

« Reply #674 on: May 31, 2019, 12:25:49 AM »
I agree with skinning PCs. I think skinning should also leave a bloodstain in the room that requires a brush type item and several tries to remove, similar to a mix of a dung pile and sawdust.
Also, I like my cootch to have a pert pink color and nice smell. Knowing my luck I would bonk someone with AIDs, get rotten box, and die miserable.