Author Topic: Developer Request: Quality of Life improvements to the game  (Read 29306 times)

ShaLeah

Re: Developer Request: Quality of Life improvements to the game
« Reply #600 on: March 14, 2019, 02:52:36 PM »
The only non-powerful job inside of Allanak that allows you to not leave the gates is dung shoveling.

I kind of wish there were some sort of crafting hall with a shopkeep in a nearby building who had the tools and materials you need to make a small living on your own, if you're like me and have terrible playtimes.
Yeah, I dig this.
Make independence HARDER not easier.
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

lostinspace

« Reply #601 on: March 14, 2019, 06:10:29 PM »
Nosave recieve

Would stop others from handing you things, maybe echoing that they tried to hand you something, but you didn't accept. Plant/Steal would work through it.
3/21/16 Never Forget

The7DeadlyVenomz

« Reply #602 on: March 15, 2019, 09:18:36 AM »
The only non-powerful job inside of Allanak that allows you to not leave the gates is dung shoveling.

I kind of wish there were some sort of crafting hall with a shopkeep in a nearby building who had the tools and materials you need to make a small living on your own, if you're like me and have terrible playtimes.
Yeah, I dig this.
Make independence HARDER not easier.
Mmm, I prefer clans to independents, true, but I support the ability to be one. Don't make independence harder, make clans greater.

Kibosh yer -1, Shal!
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

rinthrat

« Reply #603 on: March 30, 2019, 07:25:12 AM »
Code: [Select]
title beetle Mudbugger
You aren't riding anything. You have to ride a mount before you can title it.
Let elves name hitched mounts.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 07:27:22 AM by rinthrat »

PriestlySiren

« Reply #604 on: March 30, 2019, 02:43:05 PM »
Can we add threaten or riposte status to the prompt list?

gotdamnmiracle

« Reply #605 on: March 30, 2019, 04:47:17 PM »
Can we add threaten or riposte status to the prompt list?

It's there already.
He is an individual cool cat. A cat who has taken more than nine lives.

mansa

« Reply #606 on: March 31, 2019, 12:26:11 PM »
  • Use the word 'options' and 'option' and 'settings' to duplicate the commands of 'change'
  • allow 'change pagelength' to work just like pagelength

Is 'set' an immortal command?   If it isn't, make it roll into the 'change' options.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

MeTekillot

« Reply #607 on: April 02, 2019, 12:30:51 AM »
Spatter decals like tattoos that would stain your unclothed body parts.

<on face> a light smattering of blood
<on face> streaks of blood
<on face> completely covered in blood

Should always get blood spatter on your hands when you score a deathblow or anything above a wounding hit. Should be hard to remove, too.

Decals for shit shovelers and for getting sweaty and dusty, too.
we are here to hack motherfuckers up with bone swords,

MeTekillot

« Reply #608 on: April 02, 2019, 01:48:47 AM »
For every 100 sids of value, a worn ring should add 1 stun and health damage to your punches.
we are here to hack motherfuckers up with bone swords,

Bushranger

« Reply #609 on: April 02, 2019, 06:28:40 AM »
Add a Nenyuki Agent next to the cells so Templars and AoD who are shaking down prisoners don't need to take them to the Bazaar when the scumbag they are fining claims that they have the money in the bank.

Probably the worst job given to junior Nenyuk family as a punishment but surely the Templars would find it useful?
Quote from: Morgenes
Ya..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.
Quote from: Eukelade
Now I'm starving -1 karma Bushranger -1 karma.
Quote from: Shalooonsh
Kudos to you bushranger for confusing staff.

Riev

« Reply #610 on: April 02, 2019, 03:53:35 PM »
Add a Nenyuki Agent next to the cells so Templars and AoD who are shaking down prisoners don't need to take them to the Bazaar when the scumbag they are fining claims that they have the money in the bank.

Probably the worst job given to junior Nenyuk family as a punishment but surely the Templars would find it useful?

This actually seems like a good QoL improvement. A shitty job for an underperforming Nenyuki Junior, and a great way to not waste 5-10 minutes hauling to the bank, with a million opportunities to run away/etc.
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Cind

« Reply #611 on: April 02, 2019, 06:19:19 PM »
Like priestlysiren says, adding threaten, riposte, offense and defense to the prompt list. You would have to peruse the gdb at the right time or explore the fighting section of the docs to know about offense and defense especially, and some people either don't go to the forum or just play the game... I know of a couple of blind players and met one player who spoke good English, but might not have wanted the hassle of trying to sift through the jungle of fighting docs.

If skills like twohanded and shield use are in the prompt, I think this would be a good addition that wouldn't startle most players and wouldn't cause too many requests for 'Why is?'
Playing something new could be just what you need!

Cabooze

« Reply #612 on: April 03, 2019, 12:18:33 AM »
make silt flyers tameable. They are as large as an inix, why not try to fly one?

Namino

« Reply #613 on: April 03, 2019, 12:29:04 AM »
make silt flyers tameable. They are as large as an inix, why not try to fly one?

Can't you tame Roc, or is that a meme?

Cind

« Reply #614 on: April 03, 2019, 03:13:47 AM »
I'm almost certain a roc is the size of a house.
Playing something new could be just what you need!

th3kaiser

• Helper
« Reply #615 on: April 08, 2019, 12:05:42 PM »
With all of the armor changes I'm reminded of a thing I really really want. Can we please see the actual weight of an item when we view it in a shop? Pretty please?

gotdamnmiracle

« Reply #616 on: April 08, 2019, 03:28:47 PM »
With all of the armor changes I'm reminded of a thing I really really want. Can we please see the actual weight of an item when we view it in a shop? Pretty please?

Good god yes.

Veselka

« Reply #617 on: April 08, 2019, 03:39:03 PM »

Or the ability to compare your current armor with another piece of armor, to compare the relative weight.

Appended at the end: This piece of armor seems heavier/lighter/about the same weight as yours.
Live your life as though your every act were to become a universal law.

--Immanuel Kant

gotdamnmiracle

« Reply #618 on: April 08, 2019, 03:46:01 PM »

Or the ability to compare your current armor with another piece of armor, to compare the relative weight.

Appended at the end: This piece of armor seems heavier/lighter/about the same weight as yours.

Right. I don't need to have the exact weight, but in a PC where weight is extremely important for armor it's a scam where the item will discuss being lightweight, but actually weighs more than your current rag-wrapped junk.

th3kaiser

• Helper
« Reply #619 on: April 08, 2019, 04:01:30 PM »
All perfectly reasonable ideas, I'd say. I just want to be able to get a notion of how heavy something is before buying it.

Cabooze

« Reply #620 on: April 08, 2019, 04:25:55 PM »
For weapons, since most are hung on a belt or slung on the back, this would likely require it to be 'equipped', IE, in a hand in order to function as what is being given example of:

view #21
   A pretty cool knife, dude. It's made out of chalton horn and has cool spiky serrations that are good for poisoning and somehow the weapon doesn't shatter. It's like a miracle!
...it is primarily made of ivory.
...can be hooked onto a belt.
...testing its weight you decide that you could use it.
...could be used for skinning.
...too small to wear on your back.
...seems to be a stabbing weapon.
A pretty cool knife would seem to cost about 150 obsidian pieces.
A pretty cool knife would seem to weigh 3 stones
A pretty cool knife would seem to weigh less than what you're holding.

For armors, it would need to check to see what is currently held, or equipped in the slot that the item being viewed is able to be equipped on (for functionality).

view #23
  Some dank armor my dude. It's silt horror, except from *redacted*!
...it is made primarily out of bone.
...it can be worn on the torso.
...it looks like it can fit you.
Some dank armor would seem to cost about 500 obsidian pieces.
Some dank armor would seem to weigh 15 stone
Some dank armor would seem to weigh more than what you're wearing
If you're not wearing something in the slot for the armor you're looking at or holding armor that goes into that respective slot in either of your hands, it could say something like
You're not holding anything to compare Some dank armor with.

Even if it can't be made exactly as outlined above, something resembling this would be absolutely amazing to be implemented into the game.

gotdamnmiracle

« Reply #621 on: April 08, 2019, 04:29:37 PM »
What about armors that could be compared to multiple slots?

Cabooze

« Reply #622 on: April 08, 2019, 04:33:46 PM »
I imagine that there would be some overlap. If it can be worn on waist/legs, it will have to detect whatever is listed first. IE, if the first wear flag is 'waist', it will check to see what you're wearing on your waist to compare with, before checking to see if there's anything in your hands to compare with. If there's nothing in the first wear spot or held, it would then refer to the second. I imagine there's probably an easier way to both explain and implement this.

This is with a lot of assumptions, of course. Staff would likely be able to do something like:
Code: [Select]
Some dank armor would seem to weigh more than what you're wearing on your legs.
Some dank armor would seem to weigh more than what you're wearing on your waist.
Some dank armor would seem to weigh more than what you're holding in your hands.
All on one object view.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 04:36:09 PM by Cabooze »

gotdamnmiracle

« Reply #623 on: April 21, 2019, 04:22:11 PM »
Could we get waterseller code added to the bartenders for each of the booze types they sell so if I wanted to fill a keg full of red sun I don't have to buy 50 bottles and dump them in it?

rinthrat

« Reply #624 on: April 24, 2019, 06:29:13 PM »
Please, please, increase the time it takes until an item you have skinned sinks into the sand. It happens all the time that I start to RP with someone, and they disappear into the sands before I have even left the room.