Author Topic: Developer Request: Quality of Life improvements to the game  (Read 14628 times)

gotdamnmiracle

Re: Developer Request: Quality of Life improvements to the game
« Reply #400 on: November 27, 2018, 04:26:41 PM »
Would it be possible to give things like bits of jade, lapis lazuli, chunks of tourmaline, etc (all uncut jewels really). a singular shared keyword (like gem or jewel) so that you could perform a forage stone for gem and not have to give up on bits or chunks. If I'm foraging through stones for financial reasons I'm not going to consider every chunk of granite, nor toss away bits of sunstone simply because they are bits and not chunks, if you catch my drift.
He is an individual cool cat. A cat who has taken more than nine lives.

Vex

« Reply #401 on: November 28, 2018, 08:22:53 PM »
Is it possible, we could remove the blood rivulet from tracks, if the person has been successfully bandaged? Right now, it doesn't cease, post bandage.
"Mortals do drown so."

Delirium

• Helper
« Reply #402 on: November 28, 2018, 11:50:06 PM »
The ability to toggle whether or not you attempt to reverse disarm attacks.
"There are no happy endings, because nothing ends." - Schmendrick

Delirium

• Helper
« Reply #403 on: November 30, 2018, 08:59:00 PM »
Please remove

S/he is carrying:
nothing obvious

From the look results, or update it so that it actually shows something if they are carrying an object which is visible as being carried on a normal room look. I have never ever ever ever seen that output actually show something besides "nothing obvious"
"There are no happy endings, because nothing ends." - Schmendrick

Cind

« Reply #404 on: December 01, 2018, 05:11:07 AM »
If you're talking about disembodied human heads and corpses, than yeah, jesus.
Look, a petting tregil.  So silky...Feel him.

ShaLeah

« Reply #405 on: December 01, 2018, 11:32:11 AM »
Why can't we hold things in both hands? Or two things in one hand if they're small enough?
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Narf

« Reply #406 on: December 01, 2018, 12:24:53 PM »
Please remove

S/he is carrying:
nothing obvious

From the look results, or update it so that it actually shows something if they are carrying an object which is visible as being carried on a normal room look. I have never ever ever ever seen that output actually show something besides "nothing obvious"

It's a holdover from when peek didn't have its own command, and yeah it is completely obsolete now.

PriestlySiren

« Reply #407 on: December 02, 2018, 12:08:48 PM »
Codedly intoxicated people should fall off their mounts.

The scan message should be turned into an hemote like glance or look.

Heade

« Reply #408 on: December 02, 2018, 01:42:21 PM »
Codedly intoxicated people should fall off their mounts.

I think this would lead to a spike in the use of quit OOC.

Right now, riding when drunk is the way to ensure you can get to a quit-safe location when you're plastered IC. If you take that away, there would likely be an increase of "quit OOC Too drunk to make it to quit-safe and I gotta go IRL"
I used to have a funny signature, but I felt like no one took me seriously, so it's time to put on my serious face.

Vex

« Reply #409 on: December 02, 2018, 03:05:08 PM »
The scan message should be turned into an hemote like glance or look.

No, leave it as is, so people are disinclined to use it during inappropriate moments, or if they do, they look absurd and gamey.

I'm specifically talking about the people who refresh scan during mudsex, or use scan contrary, to how they are behaving in emotes. If you're gazing lovingly, into your future hot dog sockets eyes, maybe use the WATCH command on her, instead of refreshing scan, to see if anyone is hanging around waiting to murder you both.

My favorite of the year, was this guy who emotes closing his eyes in joy, for "reasons", and then immediately did a scan. Tbh, I should have emoted jumping out of the closet, and kicking her in the jaw for that one...

Keep scan as it is.
"Mortals do drown so."

Cind

« Reply #410 on: December 02, 2018, 09:06:52 PM »
It seems like not a ease-of-use request, but this is more of a desire to see all those unknown items revealed and available for sale in the game.

Have an elf npc who is part of a small tribe travel to Luir's, Allanak and Storm at random each reboot, with their specific space in the marketplace, and each reboot they will sell infinite amounts of random items, taken from those items in the database that are not magick and have been unknown to the players for ages. For example, I know of two fruitcake recipes, you know, the dry and commoner kind that Kadius probably wouldn't make for a party, but would be seen as a treat by the common people.

There's weapons in the game that were made once where a glow-crystal is attached to them and these weapons can be attached to the body. For example, a shortsword being able to be wrapped around the side of your leg. Its in the 'ankle' slot and cannot be hidden by a cloak, but I know it would get some use.

Making the item amounts infinite would trigger more interest as people... you know... keep coming up and buying one or two for themselves.

This elf would be like a few of the npcs about, whom you could talk topics with, and learn about their tribe and travels and things like that. I absolutely love those npcs.

For newbies, this would help introduce the idea that elves can belong to small tribes, which I have seen them struggle with before. The docs clearly state a difference between city and tribal elves, and I don't think it occurs to some of them that desert elves can be in offshoot or small-time families.

gotdamnmiracle

« Reply #411 on: December 03, 2018, 05:00:38 AM »
I love the above idea. It'd save me a lot of mental acrobatics for having to explain why my straight laced PC killed an npc purely because I wanted to have the cool flavor item the guy was coded with.

Only half joking there. Really love this idea and think it'd be super interesting. The items, namely the gear in this game, is one of my favorite parts of the game. The NPC recipeless items, that's where the coolest stuff is, IMO.

Cind

« Reply #412 on: December 03, 2018, 08:11:38 AM »
An npc that is not a gith is coded to be wearing a necklace made of humanoid finger bones. Its a thing.

There's also an npc in Storm with an item that freaks me out, although the rest of their gear and they themselves look totally normal. You can go look for these if you want.

gotdamnmiracle

« Reply #413 on: December 03, 2018, 01:18:51 PM »
An npc that is not a gith is coded to be wearing a necklace made of humanoid finger bones. Its a thing.

There's also an npc in Storm with an item that freaks me out, although the rest of their gear and they themselves look totally normal. You can go look for these if you want.

"Cleanup on aisle six"

Jihelu

« Reply #414 on: December 05, 2018, 09:51:15 AM »
Add a command to allow shitting your self. If we can have skelle echoes that we shit our selves, we can have a code!

Alesan

« Reply #415 on: December 05, 2018, 08:49:54 PM »
Add a prompt option for current/modified sdesc.

« Reply #416 on: December 06, 2018, 04:45:35 AM »
TAKE ITEM [FROM] PLACE
PUT ITEM [IN] PLACE
PLACE ITEM [ON] TABLE
GET ITEM [OUT] BAG

Can we please have some way of allowing from, in, on, out, etc to work when placing, retrieving, taking, putting etc items? It gets incredibly frustrating when commands like this don't work, when realistically, there's no reason they shouldn't.
It's always lizard time.

The Desert Bloom is a Greggs, tbh.

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #417 on: December 06, 2018, 07:30:33 AM »
When you get a mount out of the stables you should auto-hitch and ride it. Also you should only be able to store a beetle you're riding or hitched to. This would go a long ways towards reducing issues with multiple people in stables.

« Reply #418 on: December 06, 2018, 07:57:06 AM »
When you get a mount out of the stables you should auto-hitch and ride it. Also you should only be able to store a beetle you're riding or hitched to. This would go a long ways towards reducing issues with multiple people in stables.

Auto-hitching can be done with a trigger in your client, I believe, but I agree and +++1 that only hitched mounts should be able to be stabled.
It's always lizard time.

Cabooze

« Reply #419 on: December 06, 2018, 09:55:45 AM »

Auto-hitching can be done with a trigger in your client, I believe, but I agree and +++1 that only hitched mounts should be able to be stabled.

Make it so that mounts cannot be rehitched when resting and the individual they are hitched to are in an 'inside' room or the mounts are standing and you are one room away from them. Allows for you to realistically be able to still be holding onto their reins despite being in just the next room or something like that, and keep people from stealing something you'd still be holding onto.

Alesan

« Reply #420 on: December 06, 2018, 10:06:32 AM »

Make it so that mounts cannot be rehitched when resting and the individual they are hitched to are in an 'inside' room or the mounts are standing and you are one room away from them. Allows for you to realistically be able to still be holding onto their reins despite being in just the next room or something like that, and keep people from stealing something you'd still be holding onto.

'Enter' locations have been visibly breaking hitching for a while now. I suspect the intended behavior is for hitching to break whenever you're not in the same room as your mount, regardless of what messaging currently says.

gotdamnmiracle

« Reply #421 on: December 06, 2018, 03:14:35 PM »
Not sure if there's a reason for the lack of this, but it would be cool to be able to use watch keyword, as in watch cave or watch wagon, and your PC will look inside the first floor of the wagon.

Alternatively this could be expanded to specific objects too, where your PC has his eyes on the Salarri dagger at the auction and maybe it gives him a bonus roll to see when the small-statured balding man slips it into his pocket.

« Reply #422 on: December 07, 2018, 02:54:02 AM »
TAKE ITEM [FROM] PLACE
PUT ITEM [IN] PLACE
PLACE ITEM [ON] TABLE
GET ITEM [OUT] BAG

Can we please have some way of allowing from, in, on, out, etc to work when placing, retrieving, taking, putting etc items? It gets incredibly frustrating when commands like this don't work, when realistically, there's no reason they shouldn't.

Another instance this becomes annoying when it isn't implemented:

count coins in pack
What do you want to count coins in?

...In the pack. I don't see why "in" etc on commands can't be allowed but simply just made 'optional' or not processed or smth.
It's always lizard time.

evilcabbage

« Reply #423 on: December 07, 2018, 01:36:42 PM »
i mean, you want to type an EXTRA word to do something. that's not quality of life.
I could give a shit about wholesome.

Heade

« Reply #424 on: December 07, 2018, 02:08:06 PM »
i mean, you want to type an EXTRA word to do something. that's not quality of life.

It is if it recognizes it both ways so that, when mistakes happen, the commands still work either way.
I used to have a funny signature, but I felt like no one took me seriously, so it's time to put on my serious face.