Author Topic: Developer Request: Quality of Life improvements to the game  (Read 27295 times)

th3kaiser

• Helper
Re: Developer Request: Quality of Life improvements to the game
« Reply #625 on: April 08, 2019, 04:01:30 PM »
All perfectly reasonable ideas, I'd say. I just want to be able to get a notion of how heavy something is before buying it.

Cabooze

« Reply #626 on: April 08, 2019, 04:25:55 PM »
For weapons, since most are hung on a belt or slung on the back, this would likely require it to be 'equipped', IE, in a hand in order to function as what is being given example of:

view #21
   A pretty cool knife, dude. It's made out of chalton horn and has cool spiky serrations that are good for poisoning and somehow the weapon doesn't shatter. It's like a miracle!
...it is primarily made of ivory.
...can be hooked onto a belt.
...testing its weight you decide that you could use it.
...could be used for skinning.
...too small to wear on your back.
...seems to be a stabbing weapon.
A pretty cool knife would seem to cost about 150 obsidian pieces.
A pretty cool knife would seem to weigh 3 stones
A pretty cool knife would seem to weigh less than what you're holding.

For armors, it would need to check to see what is currently held, or equipped in the slot that the item being viewed is able to be equipped on (for functionality).

view #23
  Some dank armor my dude. It's silt horror, except from *redacted*!
...it is made primarily out of bone.
...it can be worn on the torso.
...it looks like it can fit you.
Some dank armor would seem to cost about 500 obsidian pieces.
Some dank armor would seem to weigh 15 stone
Some dank armor would seem to weigh more than what you're wearing
If you're not wearing something in the slot for the armor you're looking at or holding armor that goes into that respective slot in either of your hands, it could say something like
You're not holding anything to compare Some dank armor with.

Even if it can't be made exactly as outlined above, something resembling this would be absolutely amazing to be implemented into the game.

gotdamnmiracle

« Reply #627 on: April 08, 2019, 04:29:37 PM »
What about armors that could be compared to multiple slots?
He is an individual cool cat. A cat who has taken more than nine lives.

Cabooze

« Reply #628 on: April 08, 2019, 04:33:46 PM »
I imagine that there would be some overlap. If it can be worn on waist/legs, it will have to detect whatever is listed first. IE, if the first wear flag is 'waist', it will check to see what you're wearing on your waist to compare with, before checking to see if there's anything in your hands to compare with. If there's nothing in the first wear spot or held, it would then refer to the second. I imagine there's probably an easier way to both explain and implement this.

This is with a lot of assumptions, of course. Staff would likely be able to do something like:
Code: [Select]
Some dank armor would seem to weigh more than what you're wearing on your legs.
Some dank armor would seem to weigh more than what you're wearing on your waist.
Some dank armor would seem to weigh more than what you're holding in your hands.
All on one object view.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 04:36:09 PM by Cabooze »

gotdamnmiracle

« Reply #629 on: April 21, 2019, 04:22:11 PM »
Could we get waterseller code added to the bartenders for each of the booze types they sell so if I wanted to fill a keg full of red sun I don't have to buy 50 bottles and dump them in it?
He is an individual cool cat. A cat who has taken more than nine lives.

Cerelum

« Reply #630 on: April 21, 2019, 04:58:01 PM »
Could we get waterseller code added to the bartenders for each of the booze types they sell so if I wanted to fill a keg full of red sun I don't have to buy 50 bottles and dump them in it?

I've always wondered why you can't just fill waterskins with booze at bars.  Would be a welcome addition.
Quote from: brytta.leofa
Yeah, seriously...find out OOC.