Author Topic: Developer Request: Quality of Life improvements to the game  (Read 19896 times)

The Warshaper

Re: Developer Request: Quality of Life improvements to the game
« Reply #550 on: January 27, 2019, 10:55:00 PM »
(Nessalin)
-Mount race now shows up by looking at ticket.
  "It has the image of a %s etched onto it."
-If the character looking at the ticket is the one that named the mount they
  will see the name on the ticket.
  "You think this is the ticket for your mount, '%s'."
-Clan specific stables now use the new code that persists mount names on tickets.

Huge quality of life improvement. Thank you.

Jihelu

« Reply #551 on: February 06, 2019, 11:02:36 AM »
Something I Think might spread items around in game a bit more, and I think the code might be there.

Viewing an item in a shop should let you know if you can craft it. It already tells us if we can wear it.

My two suggestions for this.
1: It flat out says "You think you could craft this" If you have the skill and could craft it that day, but doesn't tell you what makes it so you have to buy it or experiment around
2: It tells you exactly how to make it
I'm leaning 1

Mercy

« Reply #552 on: February 06, 2019, 05:14:17 PM »
Can we get a command to stop lifting something? (I.E. when you're trying to pick up something that's too heavy for your character to carry alone) I'm sure it's not the most necessary thing in the world, but it feels very odd to sit down then stand back up, or hunt for an alternate command that lets you direct your grabby hands elsewhere.

Edited to add:
drop <heavy thing>, doesn't work in the event of duplicate keywords (i.e., having an identical container in your inventory as to the one you are lifting) and even keyword <item> and trying to drop #.item will end up trying to drop whats in your inventory over what you're lifting.

Just "drop" standalone would be nice. Honestly, I never considered it >.>
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 04:58:53 AM by Mercy »

Marauder Moe

« Reply #553 on: February 06, 2019, 05:55:00 PM »
Can we get a command to stop lifting something? (I.E. when you're trying to pick up something that's too heavy for your character to carry alone) I'm sure it's not the most necessary thing in the world, but it feels very odd to sit down then stand back up, or hunt for an alternate command that lets you direct your grabby hands elsewhere.

>drop <heavy thing>

KittenLicks

« Reply #554 on: February 06, 2019, 06:21:32 PM »
>drop <heavy thing>

I don't know if it's been fixed in the year since, but "drop <thing>" never worked consistently for me, when I was regularly moving heavy stuff around. I found alias'ing "put x pack" (where 'x' is any item that doesn't exist) to be what worked for me. You seem to automatically drop things you are lifting when you use 'put' so the result is:

Dropping heavy thing first...
You don't see the 'x'!

But yeah, on topic of QoL things, if 'drop thing' doesn't currently work for lifting, it'd be nice if it was fixed.
Quote from: Armageddon
You can't wear the spider.

mansa

« Reply #555 on: February 06, 2019, 08:41:25 PM »
Why not just 'drop' ?
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one