Allanak's Regularly Scheduled Gladiator Event

Started by valeria, July 20, 2018, 03:08:13 PM

AFAIK this regularly scheduled event is going down tomorrow, Saturday July 21, at 9 pm server, as usual.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

AFAIK this regularly scheduled event is going down tomorrow, Saturday August 4, at 9 pm server, as usual.

Thank you to all who put these on.  I really appreciate the fact they start and end on time.  Good job coordinating that.

Allanak's regularly scheduled gladiator event will be tomorrow Saturday 8/18/2018, at 9pm EST/Server.

This one is a Championship match. Find out more IC!

This regularly scheduled event is going down tomorrow, Saturday September 1, at 9 pm server.

The next Arena event is scheduled for Saturday September 15, at 9pm server!

Reminder that this is happening tonight. Grab your seats in the splatter zone and buckle up.

The next Arena event is scheduled for Saturday, September 29th, at 9pm server.

The next Borsail Arena Games is scheduled for Saturday, October 13, at 9pm server.

Regular, non-gladiator PCs will be able to participate in a portion of this event.

Quote from: Mr. Fancypants on October 09, 2018, 06:13:01 PM
The next Borsail Arena Games is scheduled for Saturday, October 13, at 9pm server.

Regular, non-gladiator PCs will be able to participate in a portion of this event.

Information is now posted on the Allanaki Rumor boards.

This week's Borsail Arena Games will be Saturday, October 27, at 9pm Server. See this thread.

Details can be found out in game.

The schedule for NOVEMBER is as follows:

Saturday, November 10, 9pm Server
Saturday, November 24, 9pm Server

Quote from: Mr. Fancypants on October 23, 2018, 05:55:25 PM
This week's Borsail Arena Games will be Saturday, October 27, at 9pm Server. See this thread.

Tonight's event is happening in a little over an hour.

Quote from: Mr. Fancypants on October 23, 2018, 05:55:25 PM

Today's championship event is happening in roughly 6 hours.

The current schedule for DECEMBER is as follows:

Saturday, December 8, 2018
Saturday, December 22, 2018

All events begin at 9pm server time (EST).

The Borsail Games will be held this Saturday, December 22, starting 9pm EST in the Highlord's Arena.

The Afterparty will be on Sunday, December 23, starting 10:30pm EST, location to be announced at the Games and other IC channels.

This is happening tonight at 9pm EST. Sharpen your weapons, because you get to participate in this one.

January Schedule:

Saturday, January 5
Saturday, January 19

All gladiator events are at 9pm server unless otherwise stated. In-game rumor posts incoming!

This is happening tonight at 9pm Server. Get some popcorn fried tubers and hold on to your butts.

Upcoming soon, folks. Join in on the fun this Saturday the 19th!

February Schedule:

Saturday, February 2
Saturday, February 16

All gladiator events are at 9pm server unless otherwise stated.

The next Championship games is coming up this weekend!

Saturday, February 16, 9pm EST/Server

March Schedule:

Saturday, March 2
Saturday, March 16
Saturday, March 30

April schedule:

April 13 - Standard Games
April 27 - Standard Games

May 11, 2019, 12:15:34 AM #24 Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 08:37:15 PM by Mr. Fancypants
The next Borsail Games will be tomorrow, Saturday, May 11, at 9pm Server Time.

As per the usual bi-weekly schedule, the next upcoming Borsail Games are:

May 25
Jun 8
Jun 22

The next Borsail games is tomorrow, 5/25 at 9pm Server Time!

The next Borsail games is tomorrow, Saturday June 8 at 9pm Server!

July's Schedule:

July 6th
July 20th

All Games happen at 9pm server unless otherwise advertised.

The games are on today at 9pm server time!

The Borsail Games are on today, July 20, at 9pm Server Time.

July 24, 2019, 11:38:15 AM #32 Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 01:34:21 AM by Sedora
August Schedule:

August 3 - Championship
August 17
August 31

All Games take place at 9pm server unless otherwise advertised.

Allanak's regularly scheduled gladiator event will be tonight, Saturday 8/3/2019, at 9pm EST/Server.

Allanak's regularly scheduled gladiator event will be tonight, Saturday 8/17/2019, at 9pm EST/Server.

September/October Schedule:

Sep 14th - Championship
Sep 28th
Oct 12th
Oct 26th - Championship

Been a while since I saw that one, bebop. I <3 you
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

This happens TOMORROW, September 14th, at 9pm server.

BUCKLE UP!

The Games for September 28th has been canceled and there will be no event. See your local rumormongers for the FOIC details, if any are offered.

As you all may have seen from the announcements here, Allanak Gladiator is closing temporarily. As such, this thread will no longer be maintained by myself or any of the others who generally posted updates on events.

Since the primary PC members of the clan opted out of a farewell event, I was asked to send out a thank you to the playerbase. You've all been super amazing on our journeys by allowing for the clan's integration, and supporting us as we transitioned from PC to PC within the bloodsport rankings and within Allanaki and even Zalanthan culture. Without the fans and the support of the playerbase the clan would have probably run out of steam far faster than it did. Thanks is also due to the folks who participated in the clan, because without all of YOU, the clan had zero chance of survival.

Its been a 3-year run, I hear, and that's pretty badass for such a niche clan. To share some statistics, the clan hosted over 70 all-inclusive bi-weekly events during its time of activity, making it the most PUBLIC event-heavy clan Arm has seen. And that was all thanks to the players and the staff who dedicated their time to it. You are all rockstars.

Please do not send me PMs about the clan or its closing. I'm not the local PR guy, I'm just a familiar face on this GDB thread and was asked to do the deed. If you have a favorite gladiator and want to praise their performance(s), or want to give credit to staff for their badass management of gladiator culture, do send in a kudos request. I know I will be.

Rest assured, gladiators will be making a return before you know it.

The amount of work that went into this over the years by players and staff alike is outstanding.
The human vagabond steps forward, blocking a filthy grey rat from the curtain.
The human vagabond says, in sirihish:
     "You're not allowed in there."

Thanks to all the watchers for making this such a fun clan to play back to back to back penned in. I had a great time <3

While this is the opposite direction I'd hoped to see things go, I am retrospectively glad that staff is taking some time to rework things instead of letting them limp along. Despite how engaging and beneficial clan gladiator is for the game, there were also some problems with the implementation that were baked into the roles and documentation. I think taking some time to close it down and revisit is a good step.

To that end, I encourage anyone who has played a reigning or penned gladiator to send in their thoughts on what they liked and didn't like about the role, and why you would or wouldn't consider playing it again.

As someone who was highly invested in the success of this, I am really sad in seeing the direction this has gone. A big shoutout and thank you to everyone involved from start to finish. I truly hope things are looked at and reworked to make these roles more viable for the playerbase and have more excitement built around it.

I look forward to more games and blood in the future!
A staff member sends:
     "The mind you have reached is currently unavailable.  Please try again later."