New Craft Command: tcraft (teamcrafting)

Started by Miradus, July 15, 2018, 12:27:09 PM

July 15, 2018, 12:27:09 PM Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 12:34:21 PM by Miradus
craft plank 2.plank into #1 WITH ~azure

You begin crafting ... into ... with the assistance of the azure-eyed man.

The game then waits to begin the sequence for the azure-eyed man to type "craft assist ~you."

It would modify the chance of success (perhaps as much as half of the assisting crafter's skill level).
It would reduce the delay maximum of the item being crafted (proportionate again to the assisting crafter's skill level.)

Optionally: Function as the teach command coming from whichever party is more appropriate (the initiator or the assist).

I think you could probably get away with adding this functionality in without having to go modify every single object's TO_CHAR and TO_ROOM success an fail values. Some of them don't make a lot of sense already.

Purpose:

Make crafting more of a team enterprise.

ETA:

An alternative method to implement could be to have the highest skilled crafter type a command called "supervise SKILL_NAME" which would then provide SKILL_BONUS_ INTEGER to the room in the same check that looks for a still, a fire, or other standard crafting room bonuses.

I think that would be the easiest way to implement this, but the other feels cleaner to me.

This would be a really cool addition, and adds some depth to crafting in the sense that its not that boring solo thing.

the team effort would encourage people to rp working together

July 19, 2018, 11:18:10 AM #2 Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 11:20:00 AM by Brytta Léofa
Sawdust flies as the azure-eyed man begins crafting.
> assist azure
You don't have the skill to do that. or You begin helping the azure-eyed man craft a several small boards from a baobab log and a baobab log.

Later:
You splinter the log into useless fragments. The whole log. BOTH LOGS. YOU SUCK AT CARPENTRY. NOTHING IS LEFT.
The azure-eyed man stands up.
The azure-eyed man sends you sprawling with his powerful bash.
<Maso> I thought you were like...a real sweet lady.

Quote from: Brytta Léofa on July 19, 2018, 11:18:10 AM
Sawdust flies as the azure-eyed man begins crafting.
> assist azure
You don't have the skill to do that. or You begin helping the azure-eyed man craft a several small boards from a baobab log and a baobab log.

Later:
You splinter the log into useless fragments. The whole log. BOTH LOGS. YOU SUCK AT CARPENTRY. NOTHING IS LEFT.
The azure-eyed man stands up.
The azure-eyed man sends you sprawling with his powerful bash.

;D ;D