Mundane Subclass Feedback

Started by Brokkr, July 03, 2018, 01:44:44 PM

September 10, 2018, 03:24:05 AM #200 Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 03:26:11 AM by MatisseOrOtherwise
I'm still of the opinion that it seems like all master skills are being lowered to advanced and all journeyman skills are being raised to advanced... While balance could be maintained by just keeping some master skills... And keeping some journeyman. Grebber should definitely stay master forage. And if you're going to argue "it's not that big a difference, this isn't a huge hill to die on" then why is it bad for it to stay Master?

It still just feels like everything is being turned into an averaged-out sludge. If something is super high advanced, why not make it super low Master? If something is super low advanced, why not make it super high Journeyman? It feels like everything is flat, no hills, no valleys, in regards to the changes with subguilds.

It may be codedly indistinct, but just from a psychological standpoint, everything being turned into one thing feels like that, like everything is an averaged sludge. We as players can't distinguish between high advanced and low advanced without extreme cross-multiple-characters testing.
Lizard time.

I can't see my karma subclass options anymore. Forgot to bug it, and its too cloudy to bug it now. Are staff working on the new subclasses right now?
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

I know this is really late to the party, but with the nerfs to slipknife, would staff consider adding city hunt to their skillset?

I missed this fact the first time, but there is no subguild that gets it at all. Some level of scan might also be a good addition to slipknife to soften the nerf, particularly when paired with a daunting 2 CGP cost.
I used to have a funny signature, but I felt like no one took me seriously, so it's time to put on my serious face.

Quote from: Heade on September 14, 2018, 10:45:16 PM
I know this is really late to the party, but with the nerfs to slipknife, would staff consider adding city hunt to their skillset?

I missed this fact the first time, but there is no subguild that gets it at all. Some level of scan might also be a good addition to slipknife to soften the nerf, particularly when paired with a daunting 2 CGP cost.

Unless they changed how the city/wilderness system works and I missed the memo...

If your primary class is wilderness, and you get wilderness scan, listen, hunt, sneak, and hide...if your subclass gives you even one city version of one of these skills, you get both the city and wilderness versions of all of these skills, to whatever your primary guild class cap is.

I haven't rolled a cross-terrain class/sub in a really long time though, so I suppose it's possible they've changed it in the interim.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

AFAIK that is not true any more. They are completely separate skills now.

Yeah, on the spreadsheet, Brokkr showed them as separate, and no subclass at all got city hunt. I think with the nerfs to slipknife, that'd be a good place for it. Could make the slipknife sub a good bounty-hunter type sub.
I used to have a funny signature, but I felt like no one took me seriously, so it's time to put on my serious face.

Quote from: Heade on September 15, 2018, 02:38:53 AM
Yeah, on the spreadsheet, Brokkr showed them as separate, and no subclass at all got city hunt. I think with the nerfs to slipknife, that'd be a good place for it. Could make the slipknife sub a good bounty-hunter type sub.

Pick a city class that gets 'hunting specialized for city environments' and any subclass with hunt and you get 'city hunt'.
A rusty brown kank explodes into little bits.

Someone says, out of character:
     "I had to fix something in this zone.. YOU WEREN'T HERE 2 minutes ago :)"

Quote from: Nao on September 15, 2018, 02:52:29 AM
Quote from: Heade on September 15, 2018, 02:38:53 AM

Pick a city class that gets 'hunting specialized for city environments' and any subclass with hunt and you get 'city hunt'.

That's not the point. What if you wanted to play a class that -doesn't- get city hunt, but you'd like to have city hunt for your concept from a sub? Not possible.

No subclass gets city hunt, yet 3 subclasses get wilderness hunt. I think it would be a good idea to add city hunt to slipknife, and bounty hunter, for that matter.

Except for, hmmm, listen, there is only one skill.  Sneak, hide, hunt, etc.  Then there are abilities that toggle where that skill will be effective...ie specialized for wildnerness stealth, etc.  It is no longer and all or nothing thing, it is skill by skill.

That said, I did make a few tweaks since what was posted, I think there is a subclass that gets city hunt now.  Its not slipknife.

Is there a Brute subclass?  Apprentice chopping and disarm and hack at journeyman?  Or was that idea scrapped?

Does Majordomo get guarding?  http://armageddon.org/help/view/Majordomo
"....They have a proficiency for handling vehicles such as wagons, and this talent alongside their talent in observation and keeping a close guard on their employer lend surprisingly well to those in an aide position."   But it doesn't reference guard in the last paragraph.   Maybe 'guard' should be changed to 'watch' ?

New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Quote from: mansa on November 01, 2018, 12:13:49 AM
Does Majordomo get guarding?  http://armageddon.org/help/view/Majordomo
"....They have a proficiency for handling vehicles such as wagons, and this talent alongside their talent in observation and keeping a close guard on their employer lend surprisingly well to those in an aide position."   But it doesn't reference guard in the last paragraph.   Maybe 'guard' should be changed to 'watch' ?

I think Majordomo used to have guard but it was removed and scan added.
Quote from: J S BachIf it ain't baroque, don't fix it.

I think there's a gap for a subclass that grants armor repair and/or alcohol/pain tolerance but is more attractive to non-city guilds than Mercenary.

Freelancer
Adv. Armor repair
Adv. City listen
Jrn. Haggle
Alcohol tolerance
Pain tolerance

I think those things put it into the 1-tkp range.

What are the advantages of alcohol and pain tolerance?

Quote from: Miradus on November 01, 2018, 01:58:24 AM

COUGHCOUGHPOISONRESISTANDNATURALARMORCOUGHCOUGH

alcohol tolerance means you can drink more initially before getting drunk, but that's self explanatory.
Quote from: Adhira on January 01, 2014, 07:15:46 PM
I could give a shit about wholesome.

Pain Tolerance reduces your chances of being reeled.

So, I've been away for a little while, but I was just wondering what happened to master potter? Did it get rolled into something else? Because I was all hyped to play a potter right up until I got into char gen and now that I'm typing it out it DOES sound silly to be hyped to be a potter, but that was just the way of it at the moment.

I know there are mains that include it. Are there any subs?
Quote from: Riev on June 12, 2019, 02:20:04 PM
Do you kill your sparring partners once they are useless to you, so that you are king?

Quote from: mansa on November 01, 2018, 12:13:49 AM
Is there a Brute subclass?  Apprentice chopping and disarm and hack at journeyman?  Or was that idea scrapped?

There was feedback that it sucked.  Looking over it, it did indeed suck.  So it got scrapped.

Quote from: Narf on November 01, 2018, 10:45:19 AM

Pain Tolerance reduces your chances of being reeled.

What Narf said.

Is it feasable to allow pain tolerance reduce damage from falls, etc?  While some classes start with some boosts in it, it is technically something anyone can improve on, if I understood correctly.

Quote from: Dar on November 01, 2018, 01:54:52 PM
Is it feasable to allow pain tolerance reduce damage from falls, etc?
Neat idea.
Sitting in your comfort,
You don't believe I'm real,
But you cannot buy protection
from the way that I feel.

Quote from: path on November 01, 2018, 10:58:51 AM
So, I've been away for a little while, but I was just wondering what happened to master potter? Did it get rolled into something else? Because I was all hyped to play a potter right up until I got into char gen and now that I'm typing it out it DOES sound silly to be hyped to be a potter, but that was just the way of it at the moment.

I know there are mains that include it. Are there any subs?

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.  Apparently during a migration stuff happened and...options ak) and an) no longer displayed.  Or were selectable.

Look for a code release near you to fix this problem.