Stepping back for a bit, always a pleasure

Started by Calavera, June 30, 2018, 12:10:47 AM

Hi all,

I wanted to leave a note this time as the first time I took leave from staff I didn't get a chance to. This led to a lot of silly rumours behind why I left, none of which were true. I just got busy! And I'm busy again! I've got a big work project on coupled with some health stuff, and it's best for all involved (but especially my mental health) if I step back from Arma for a bit to ensure I don't fall behind on things and end up trapped in that horrible cycle of "fell behind, frustrated as fell behind, game becomes unfun."

I've loved staffing you all in Fale and Oash and the plots within the Allanaki templarate since my return as well as the numerous independent so-and-sos I harassed when it was incidentally convenient.

I'll be back in a few months when work gives me more gas in the tank. You're a kickass bunch of roleplayers and I have enjoyed watching you all so, so much.

Please burn down as much of the sandbox as you like while I'm away, we always need more of that. :)
QuoteCalavera,

Your Shoot Me In The Head request has been resolved. We do not have sufficient ammunition to process your request at this time.

Italis
Armageddon Staff

Do your body good and good rest to you!
What kind of jerkoff shakes a tent in the dark? Go out there and see who or what that is.

Quote from: stark on June 30, 2018, 12:20:16 AM

This is a hard truth, man/lady. I am a habitual overworker and it's tough for me to admit when I need a snooze. But I definitely need a snooze.
QuoteCalavera,

Your Shoot Me In The Head request has been resolved. We do not have sufficient ammunition to process your request at this time.

Italis
Armageddon Staff

Get your snooze on, Cal! Hope to see you back here soon and pumped full of renewed energy ;D

It's nice to see a positive tone behind a "farewell" post. Cal, it's always a pleasure to play under your (uninvited) supervision, and I hope you'll return someday soon to animate more (creepy) echoes for my characters ASAP.

Enjoy your break, you'll always be welcome back to (haunt) my RP anytime.
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

We wubs you!

Thank you for all you've done and I look forward to your return. Take all the time you need and come back to us more depraved than ever!

You know I know that feeling well myself Cal and thank you again for talking me through it when I was there.  I wish you all the best and a speedy return to crushing the skulls of your enemies.   ;D
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

I don't remember if you've ever staffed over me directly before or not, and forgive me if I've forgotten, but it always seemed to me that you were a great and well-loved storyteller. Get your rest and come back soon all refreshed!

Quote from: Calavera on June 30, 2018, 12:28:48 AM
Quote from: stark on June 30, 2018, 12:20:16 AM

This is a hard truth, man/lady. I am a habitual overworker and it's tough for me to admit when I need a snooze. But I definitely need a snooze.

Wise. Very wise. I am like that as well. All in all, if a week has passed and you realize that you've spent barely 20 hours of that week sleeping. Time to take a break. Either from career, health, or Armageddon.

See ya! Please leave your inspiration and creativity at the door for others to use.

Come back soon!

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand."
― Michael Scott, The Warlock

Be kind to yourself while away! We'll be here when you get back.

Calavera was enormously encouraging to me and I really appreciated it.  Thanks!

I had a lot of fun working with Calavera. I hope you get well and come back to us!
I used to have a funny signature, but I felt like no one took me seriously, so it's time to put on my serious face.