Murder Command

Started by RogueGunslinger, June 23, 2018, 01:40:44 AM

June 23, 2018, 01:40:44 AM Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 01:43:24 AM by RogueGunslinger
Screw suicide, no Zalanthan does that. Know what I would like though? A Murder command.

Murder Amos (sinking ~blade deep in %amos chest

>Amos's player has accepted your murder.

>Sinking your obsidian longsword deep into the tall, muscular man's chest, you kill him.

The tall muscular man's eyes grow distant and glossy before his final breath escapes lifeless lips.

From the other side:

> Talia would like to murder you, do you accept?

ACCEPT.

>Sinking her obsidian longsword deep into your chest, the jade-adourned brunette kills you.

pem eyes grow distant and glossy before his final breath escapes lifeless lips.

**BEEP**

_______                                ___
                              /\\_____//~-_                        _-~\\__
                             (~)       ~-_ ~-_                  _-~ _-~   
                            (~)           ~-_ ~-_            _-~ /-~     
Welcome to Armageddon!     (~)              `~-_ ~_======_--~~ __~       
                          (~)               _~_\__\____/__/_--\ ~`-_   
                           \           _-~~            _-~~~-_ \_  ~-_ 
You may:                    ~-       __--~`_    /   _-~         ~.     ~_
(N) Create a new account           -~        \     _~       ___,  \ ~-_  \
(C) Connect to your account      ,~ _-,       ~  _~         \   \  | , \ \ 
(V) Toggle ANSI/VT100 mode      / /~/      -~   /            ~  /  /  \~  \
(B) Toggle 'brief' menus        | | \     _~    |        __-~  / _/  \~  '\
(D) Documentation menu          \ ~-_~   -   |  _      ~-____-~ .~  \~    |
(X) Exit Armageddon             /`.  __~~   ~   `_          __-~   \~    \~
(?) Read menu options           \_ ~~   .  |  .   ~-____--~~   \ \_~   _/~ 
                                /\___--~       ~--_      /   ____~ _/~~     
                                \         /        ~~~___  /     _-\\~\     
                                /\       /                   _-\~\\~\\~\   
                               / | \   \ | /    /         _-~ )\\~\\~\\~~\ 
                              { /\ \             /      _~ \  ~`~~\\~~\\~~\
Read the documentation        { |\     __ _           _-\   \  \\~~\\~~\\~~\
menu before creating your     | ||~_ /`    ~\  /    _/~  )   | |\\~~\\~~\\~~
character, please.            | ||  \|"""""""|_ __-~     ;   | |~\\~~\\~~\\~
                              \ \\  ({"""""""}\\        _~  /  /~~\\~~\\~~\\
Armageddon is OPEN.
Choose thy fate:

Edit: Maybe a "nosave murder" function that works whenever you are asleep or subdued. Call it Armageddon Hard Mode.

This is actually a thing I would see myself using. Not very often, but it has come up a few times before.

what happens if the request is not accepted?

There probably shouldn't be commands at all that can literally delete a character in less than 1 second with 0-rp beforehand - it often feels sort of more like a kill-for-xp MUD than a RP game any time the combat system gets involved and it turns into spam messages when a lot of the time people would be happy to OOCly rp it out (but how to obtain consent without tipping hand to person that doesn't?), exposition gets left by the wayside and it's just kind of... Lame (speaking as a relative newbie/outsider but having RP'd elsewheeeere including serious character sheets and dice bots world of darkness RP on chat rooms) I'm not sure how it could be made as good as when people are forced to take turns to write (which I think adds more for all sides involved, the inconvenience does let a lot more story be added), it seems so much of the game is built around being OOCly competitive and adversarial, I like the idea behind this because it shows the point that if a character would willingly die or the player wants to be OOCly cooperative it gives them a chance to actually make it more interesting than just insta-deleting characters with the push of a button - BUT..

Maybe it should just be the default for letting wounded people talk even or just sixty seconds with no commands but whisper and emote? It would add so much more RP and less "hi someone that grinded a lot pressed a button, press X to quit game bye"
"And in her long nights, in her long house of smoke and miller's stones, she baked the bread we eat in dreams, strangest loaves, her pies full of anguish and days long dead, her fairy-haunted gingerbread, her cakes wet with tears."

I would assume the command would only trigger the kill if the person accepted. And obviously you would need to Rp before using it.

As for what it could be used for: Beheadings. Hangings. Torture and death through bloodloss.

Oh I meant "CERTAIN" commands already in the game, not this one, this seems like a step in the right direction, I think my suggestion would add more to it as well I mean
"And in her long nights, in her long house of smoke and miller's stones, she baked the bread we eat in dreams, strangest loaves, her pies full of anguish and days long dead, her fairy-haunted gingerbread, her cakes wet with tears."