Author Topic: [Dwarf Fortress] The Doomed World of Namthur  (Read 2495 times)

The Warshaper

Re: [Dwarf Fortress] The Doomed World of Namthur
« Reply #75 on: July 04, 2018, 05:16:37 PM »
Don't blame yourself -- dwarves are touchy!  Care to take over a new, undamaged one?

*steeples fingers* Excellent idea....

I propose that Slagbottom the mining dwarf accompany you post haste on your venture! For riches or ruin!

Cind

« Reply #76 on: July 05, 2018, 03:03:18 AM »
If neither Lagerbrew nor Threegems is around in the uncorrupted game, I would like a dwarven girl named AleDiamond, who does something with clothes for a living. Am also interested in working in the library or kitchen. (I am such an old-fashioned girl, but that's actually what I'm like.)

If Threegems is around, lock her in with the mayor once he starts getting twitchy.
Look, a petting tregil.  So silky...Feel him.

Feco

« Reply #77 on: July 05, 2018, 07:40:31 AM »
Before leaving, we've given Gloomy his new nickname:

With regard to the raws modding -- essentially what I've done is change sea-creatures who are egg-layers to live-birthers, because underwater egg-laying is broken.  I've also added a "child" stage to a few creatures who normally instantly grow up.  There are also a few animals that have children defined, but no way to have them because the animals are not sexed -- I've just given the animals sexes so they can reproduce.

Other than that, things remain unchanged (and I didn't change these values for many animals).  There should still be plenty of !!FUN!!.

Chapter II: The Autmnul Irons, The Outpost of Telingèrith, "Coastlabor."

Part 1 -- A Cloudy Lantern between the Permanent Murk & The Seas of Tormenting

16th of Granite, Year 405

It has been two weeks since we departed Helmsfirst, and I've come to know my traveling companions very well.  Much like the Blue Irons, these so-called "Cloudy Lanterns" are perhaps not the wisest of choices.  At least, they don't seem it.

'Slagbottom' Udilkun, Expedition Leader & Miner

Slagbottom is an interesting dwarf -- fairly small, bald headed, but in possession of a finely-braided moustache and beard.  He's perhaps an unsurprising leader.  Quick to anger.  Wastes little time with introspection.  He's not made an attempt to make friends -- he claims friendship is burdonesome.

"Building friendships is a waste," he said, as I challeneged him at the edge of the swamp.  "There is no bond that can withstand distance or change in circumstance."

Importantly, he is unconventional.  This may prove useful for our job, whatever that may be.

Datan Datanthak, Miner

Interestingly, his mining "compatriate" is much the same.  Relatively small for a miner, and dismissive of introspection, although to an extreme.  "Deluded fools," he calls thinkers.

"Don't be afraid to do anything to get ahead in this world," he said with a calm chuckle.  I remember this, as it was right after he ate half of my stew.

AleDiamond Kasbenoltar, Farmer

AleDiamond is an interesting dwarf, having come with us our farmer -- we'll need to establish underground crops quickly.  She said she's to move to the kitchens, however, once we've a few migrants to replace her.  She's currently caretaker of the turkeys we brought along.

"I'm feeling optimistic about the future," she would say with frequency.  Apparently she's very much looking forward to working in those kitchens.  I suspect something fouler is at work in that dwarven head of hers.

Armok save us.  She reminds me of ThreeGems.

Tosid Uthirendok, Woodworker

Tosid is our woodworker -- she carries a large axe, and is said to be handy with a whittling knife.  "They are so full of these big words," she lamented to me in private, seeming disgusted with the more... well spoken dwarves.

A bit of a yokel who has gotten along well with Zan.

Zan Zuntirroder, Brewer

Zan lacks... a certain linguistic prowess.  He strikes me a as a bit of a cheat, and a bit of a loner.  A merchant at heart, I thin, but one clearly from the hillocks and not a place of trade.  "Trade is the life-blood of a thriving society," he has said.  I think someone said that to him once, as he rarely uses words as big as "thriving" or "society."

Mebzuth Edimid, Stoneworker

Our stoneworker, Mebzuth, is simply put, rude.  Loud.  Assertive.  Perhaps violent.  One to keep an eye on.  "How I long for the beautiful spectacle of war!" he exclaimed to the Expedition Leader.

Does he know something I don't?

Sakzul Athelikud, Cook

Sakzul, our cook, I know the least, as he seems to prefer to be alone.

"I'm alright" is about all I've ever heard from him.

We stopped in Wheellocked for supplies, and gathered only what was necessary.  Tools for working.  Seeds for planting -- we intend to grow plump helmets for wine, pig tails for cloth, and sweet pods for dwarven syrup.  We've stocked ourselves with beer, delicious fish, and lobster -- enough to last perhaps a year.  We've also brought lye, for making some fertilizer, in the hopes our first crop can be bountiful, and some raw wood and stone.  We're unsure how safe the swamps will be for logging, and an aquifer is almost certainly going to make stone acquisition difficult.

Most importantly, we've brought along a collection of turkeys.  Their eggs and the fish will make fine meals -- energy filled meals for us to establish the outpost with.

But today is more important than the individual dwarves or the supplies -- today we arrived at "Coastlabor," as the Expedition Leader is calling it.

The swamp lived up to its name -- a foul murk filled with foul creatures.  It quickly gave way to a beach, and then a vast sea -- a sea which in most respects seems normal today.

We find ourselves parked upon it -- right where the waves break.  We rushed for the salt-water, washing our boots of the mud and filth of the swamp.

Much of the nearby swamp is black sand, which gave way to white sand in the north, and stoney shale where we've parked the wagon.  The ground is hard, and the beach is not beautiful.  There's a stillness to the air.  The smell of salt is enticing, but I see dark clouds on the horizon -- I see lightning.  I hear no thunder.

Let us hope the giant capybara to the north-west are not hungry.  They're as large as moose... and seem a touch quicker to anger.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 07:42:29 AM by Feco »
Sunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

WanderingOoze

« Reply #78 on: July 05, 2018, 12:05:29 PM »
Smudgefist will spend some time watching the distant  giant capybara, 'They'll make us fine companions!' He declares, with
the confidence of a dwarf who's convictions don't lie in common sense or fact.The Beast Master is a dwarf of probably poor instincts, like the animals she trains.
The Ooze is strong with this one

You are our official hammer, Ooze.

Malachi 2:3

Feco

« Reply #79 on: July 05, 2018, 01:17:44 PM »
Smudgefist will spend some time watching the distant  giant capybara, 'They'll make us fine companions!' He declares, with
the confidence of a dwarf who's convictions don't lie in common sense or fact.The Beast Master is a dwarf of probably poor instincts, like the animals she trains.

We'll definitely see about catching some.

Part 2 - Spartan Accommodations & Abominable Smoke

16th of Granite, Year 405

The overseer has outlined some plans for the basic dwellings -- a meeting hall atop rooms.

There's always the chance we hit an aquifer, or the caverns -- let's just hope for the best.

We're hoping that tunneling through the shale will give us some degree of safety from the water.

20th of Granite, Year 405

The miners have made their way down into the stone -- no sign of an aquifer yet.

In fact, we seem to have hit a collection of marble, of all things.  Hopefully it's consistent all the way through -- we can have a marble dungeon beneath a tower fortress.

2nd of Slate, Year 405

After two weeks of hard work, we've put together a modest hut overtop the entryway to what are now just a series of mine-shafts.  We're taking the animals inside.

There's a stillness to the air.  Nothing terrible has happened, yet, but I expect it.

We have found access to underground caverns, just beneath the bedrooms.  We'll block it off for now -- although we'll certainly be returning later, says the expedition leader.

13th of Slate, Year 405

I spent this morning on the beach -- upon the soft white sand of the northern section.

There were dark clouds on the horizon.  Foul thins were stirring.

I could see it rolling in, as if it were some creature, crawling along the surface of the ocean.  A foul... NO!  An abominable smoke.

The foul smoke drifted at the edge of the horizon, deep in the ocean.  I'm uncertain what evil it brings with it.

16th of Felsite, Year 405

After roughly two months, we've carved out a simple meeting and dining hall -- a place to congregate and relax.  It's littered with rough marble boulders.  Our mugs are kept in a sprawling pile.  We've only a simple four-dwarf table.

But it is home.

Beneath it we've carved out much of the bedrooms.  We're using empty rooms for food storage, and has coops for the turkeys.

1st of Hematite, Year 405

Summer has arrived at the coast, and with it, progress.  We've carved out a rudimentary workshop level.

We're making use of an advanced dwarven concept called "quantum stockpiling."  Essentially, we're making use of minecarts to pile up materials and finished goods into as little space as possible.

Rocks are hauled up and piled near the mason's and stonecrafter's workshops (and likewise wood for the carpenter).  It's then transfered to a minecart, and the pile of materials is dumped in the most convenient place for the worker.

Finished goods are likewise loaded into minecarts and dumped into piles.

It's very difficult to tell what's what in this place -- stones still litter everything, and the walls are naught but rough stone.  But that will change with time.

To the west of industry will be our farms -- right now nothing but plans.

We've started work on the kitchens.  The cooking section will be to the north, and the distilleries to the south.  Dwarves are impatient and tend to grab the closest bit of food possible.  We'll be storing raw foods in the western "back rooms."  Workshops will be placed in closed off intermediate areas, and finished meals and booze will be stored as close to the meeting area as possible.

The bedrooms are all but furnished, cleaned, and smoothed.  To the west, we expect we'll do some more farming -- perhaps pig-tails so that we can produce clothing on our own.

Of the notable dwarves:

AleDiamond is doing well, though she's been complaining of a lack of a temple.  We'll start building that post-haste.  We'll also assign her to kitchen duty once we've some new migrants.

Our Leader, Slogbottom, is doing even better.  He's thus-far been pleased with the work we've gotten done.

Onward to summer!  (... And we do have booze -- we've just temporarily forbidden access to it so we can move it around!)
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

Feco

« Reply #80 on: July 05, 2018, 04:42:55 PM »
Part 3 - Are you suggesting necromancers migrate?

11th of Hematite, Year 405

That horrid smoke passed over the shore today -- a group of giant capybara were caught in it.

Reports say the capybara were bleeding profusely after contact with the smoke -- open, bloody, pussy sores.

We'll want to stay out of that, for certain.

23rd of Hematite, Year 405

Our industry is moving along nicely, and the stockpiling is working well.  We'll continue to smooth out the area, and hopefully have a well-oiled machine here shortly.

13th of Malachite, Year 405

Migrants!

But...

What?  Who is that?

It seems Gloomy has come early.  We haven't yet requested him.  I suppose he just couldn't wait.

This is excellent news.  Although his tower hasn't even been started, we could use his master masonry skills to make coffers, cabinets, and doors for the facilities.

16th of Malachite, Year 405

Above is a description of a statue we asked our necromancer to make for us.  We asked that he depict The Mine of Gems -- one of our main gods -- and this is the subject he chose.

I suppose it is what the god is most well known for.  This statue will be used as a simple place a worship.  A place the dwarves are calling "The young Speaker-Chapel," for some reason.

26th of Malachite, Year 405

One of the new migrants brought a bad attitude (from Helmsfirst, of all places).

The expedition leader has politely, yet firmly, asked them to leave.

13th of Galena, Year 405

We have the kitchens roughly running.  No dwarven syrup, yet, but we're churning out decent meals.

Donkey brain is key to many of our chefs' recipes.

We've also officially opened the "tavern," which is really just the meeting area.  The dwarves have taken to calling it "The Riddled Boat."

10th of Limestone, Year 405

With fall comes the outpost liason, who brought us word today of our empire's goings on.

Apparently, forces from the tower have been sent to strike out at our enemies in the homeland.  Further, we've reclaimed an abandoned site in the mountains south-west of Helmsfirst.

This place is called "Cactusirons," and it's said the expedition to reclaim it was in fact led by a familiar face:

It seems Bim -- one of the dwarven necromancers -- led the force.  He had appointed Jagmeister of all people as his Militia Commander.

Well, this is consistent with our plan, at least.  One tower in the north, and ours in the south, perhaps?

14th of Sandstone, Year 405

In order to farm on the rock, we'll need a layer of mud.  We started probing above us -- looking for the aquifer -- and found it directly above our fortress.  Good lucky.

... Unfortunately for us, our engineers bungled one of the gate mechanisms.  We were supposed to let a thin layer of water and mud in, close off the aquifer, and let most of the water evaporate.

Instead, we've managed to flood the southern chamber.  It's completely full.

The engineers are working out a creative means to fix the problem.

22nd of Sandstone, Year 405

One of the dwarves got an itch and made -quite- the coffin.  We'll make use of this someday, no doubt.

Concerning our water problem, we've made a drain below the flooded room.  We're hoping we can get all the water to stream down into the caverns, and we can get a dwarf close enough to plug the hole until we fix the floodgate mechanisms.

We're going to dig out the drain a bit better, then give it a go.

28th of Timber, Year 405

After a month of work, we were able to plug the hole, drain the chamber, and start farming!  Success!

We'll have plenty of plump helmets and sweet pods to go around, it seems.

22nd of Moonstone, Year 405

We're several weeks into winter, and the landscape is uninviting.  The swamps are cold -- the pools of much actually froze over recently.

The sea itself is col as well, although no ice is forming on its waters.  The waves continue to crash against our hut.  We can hear the sound of it all the way down in the fortress.

And the smoke... oh, the smoke.  It continues to drift all about the shore.

We've enough supplies to last the winter -- let's hope it's a simple one.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

Cind

« Reply #81 on: July 06, 2018, 04:13:40 AM »
Is this before or after Cerol Silverbolt turned traitor and began leading the necromancers?

Is this before or after Threegems murdered the mayor?

Hauwke

« Reply #82 on: July 06, 2018, 04:24:39 AM »
In the middle of the night, Gloomy can be heard muttering into his moustache "Sodding doors, why cant they just make themself like the undead do." he has proclaimed this many times, quite loudly and to just about every person who stops for even the briefest of moments to speak with him.

Cind

« Reply #83 on: July 06, 2018, 05:21:08 AM »
Alediamond gleefully spends her freetime in the kitchen attempting to learn to make cakes, although having clearly not been assigned to the post yet. She is happy to listen to Gloomy's complaining, and encourages him in it.

Feco

« Reply #84 on: July 06, 2018, 07:10:10 AM »
Is this before or after Cerol Silverbolt turned traitor and began leading the necromancers?

Is this before or after Threegems murdered the mayor?

After, for both.  Threegems remains one of the biggest badasses in history -- I'm disappointed she didn't get a randomly generated title.

In the middle of the night, Gloomy can be heard muttering into his moustache "Sodding doors, why cant they just make themself like the undead do." he has proclaimed this many times, quite loudly and to just about every person who stops for even the briefest of moments to speak with him.

I asked him to make some statues -- hoping to engage his artistic side a bit better.

Mostly he's made statues of the Expedition Leader, Slagbottom.  All on his own.

... They're all images of Slagbottom eating cheese, hugging goats, or admiring goats.

I take it this is his idea of a joke.

Alediamond gleefully spends her freetime in the kitchen attempting to learn to make cakes, although having clearly not been assigned to the post yet. She is happy to listen to Gloomy's complaining, and encourages him in it.

She's been splitting her time, and she's turning out some sweet-ass meals!

Mm... eggs, eggs, more eggs... and a lot of syrup.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

Feco

« Reply #85 on: July 06, 2018, 07:23:14 AM »
Part 4 -- "I must have metal bars!"

27th of Moonstone, Year 405

The ocean, despite being described as an evil hell-pit, is rather packed with fish.  Big ones, too.

I'm told that the overseer has "other things" in mind, though, and to keep an eye on the wildlife.

28th of Moonstone, Year 405

As a protective measure, and as a means to maintain happiness and discipline, all dwarves are assigned to a rudimentary militia.  We have a few veterans from the wars waged at the tower and capital, so they're leading the forces (so they lead demonstrations).

The training schedule is very modest -- only two months a year.  It should instill some good lessons in the dwarves, however.

We've assigned a set of administrators to deal with the goings on of the fort.  Slagbottom continues to be our leader for the time being.

2nd of Obsidian, Year 405

A dwarf started wandering around screaming -- and didn't stop until we built a forge.  Now they're demanding metal bars.

We don't have any.  Time to start mining -- Armok's blood, I hope we find some.

11th of Obsidian, Year 405

We've decided to start penetrating the caverns all over -- it gives us a nice view of the underground, and should help us find metals quicker.

So far, no luck.  Plenty of gemstones -- mostly tigeriron -- and lots of cinnabar, which is a substantially heavy stone.

The earth itself, here, is mostly granite -- white and beautiful -- and gabbro -- often called black granite.

14th of Moonstone, Year 405

Praise the miners!  Adamantine!  And plenty of it!

This was one of the overseer's goals, apparently, so the screaming dwarf only helped to motivate us.

17th of Moonstone, Year 405

The miners have started extracting the adamantine -- Slagbottom was the first one down there.  We hear strange noises in the distance... almost... squishing.  As if sausage were being pulled along the cavern floor.

27th of Moonstone, Year 405

We had Dodok, a recent immigrant and dabbling strand extractor, make adamantine strands last week.  He's now preparing adamatine wafers.

The work is slow and arduous, but this should produce something incredible.

1st of Granite, Year 406

Spring has arrived, and Kogsak has started their strange, adamantine craft.  What awaits us in the year ahead?

The outpost is doing well, and moods are incredible.  Hopefully some of our larger projects start this year.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 12:37:57 PM by Feco »
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

Feco

« Reply #86 on: July 06, 2018, 01:15:12 PM »
Neat map of the world -- can cross-reference other maps to see where we've settled.

We're currently in the disgusting pit looking thing in the south-east.  The homelands are the south-side of the mountain rage in the west.  Helmsfirst is sort of center-north, in the reddish-orangish desert.  The tower Portalwhipped is up in that glacier/frozen bit.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

Feco

« Reply #87 on: July 06, 2018, 02:52:36 PM »
Part 5 -- Foul News

4th of Granite, Year 406

The crazed metalcrafter has churned out an interesting bobble, but not much more.  It's likely we'll trade it for supplies -- lots of supplies, being that it's made of adamantine.

Family heirloom my arse.

12th of Felsite, Year 406

There are reports of a horrific monster-crab made of copper in the caverns.  We've sealed them off for the time being, but we can hear it doing battle with the beasts of the deep.

Let's hope they killed this monster for us.

In the meantime, we've set up a small training area for those months citizens are told to do military exercises.  It's working well, so far, with folk expressing their gratitude for learning how to dodge or wrestle.

12th of Malachite, Year 406

Slagbottom has made a masterful bed, commemorating the settling of this place.  Gloomy will likely enjoy this in his bedroom, once it's done.

13th of Malachite, Year 406

We've had our first birth -- a daughter to the chief medical dwarf.

The first of many, I imagine.

20th of Malachite, Year 406

We've completely furnished the bedrooms.  They're small, but efficient and comfortable.  Gloomy personally made all of the coffers and cabinets, so they're as masterfully made as they come.

16th of Galena, Year 406

One of our key projects is started!

We've noticed that many large fish like to move up and down the shore -- we've made a chamber we hope they'll wander into, which has several cage-traps lining it.

We've set up a complicated set of mechanisms so we can close off the ocean and drain the water, if need be.

I'm told we're looking for something other than just large fish.  Sharks, maybe?  Or worse?

12th of Limestone, Year 406

Dwarves from home came today, with many things to trade.  The outpost liason quickly made his way to Slagbottom in the tavern.

Apparently there was news.  Grave news.

Armok's beard, I never thought I'd hear this -- the goblins of The Cruelty of Streams took over Helmsfirst.

BadSkeelz, Smudgfist and Smudgefist's giant snapping turtle, Tritus, Shem Brassballs, and Warshaper were all killed defending the village.

I've realized I've let lapse my logs on important dwarves.  As such, I've started a seperate entry for keeping track of them.  Of the Helmsfirstian military dwarves, Ogrim Mugfist still lives and has relocated to Portalwhipped.  Several other important dwarves have resettled (e.g., Lagerbrew to Cactusirons), or stayed where they were (i.e., Tally in Portalwhipped).

Perhaps just as troubling is news of our necromancer's lover -- she was murdered in the assault.  This also means that the goblins have access to the necromantic texts.

Troubling.

Very troubling.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 02:55:12 PM by Feco »
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

Feco

« Reply #88 on: July 06, 2018, 05:40:24 PM »
Part 6 - Dwarf Bone Earrings

14th of Limestone, Year 406

We've decided to sell our adamantine treasure -- it's worth it for the pile of gems, metal, drink, food, and various other items of no note.

We bought the whole caravan.

We'll sort through it all, and sell off what we don't want to keep next year.

5th of Sandstone, Year 406

... It seems the dwarves are getting into the spirit of Coastlabor.  I'm not certain I'm prepared for this sort of thing, but one of the miners decided to... well.

He decided to use the bones of one of the farmers to make some sort of craft.

That laugh.  I swear I heard the rest of the dwarves do something like it just after -- a foul echo from dwarf to dwarf.

12th of Sandstone. Year 406

Bembul has made an earring, no doubt for our necromancer lord, or perhaps the expedition leader.  A fine, macabre addition to our treasures.

1st of Timber, Year 406

While working on the foundation for the tower, some of our laborers got stuck in the smoke.  they managed to get inside quickly, so avoided a horribly large dose.

They're reporting sores of rotting flesh, bleeding, and discomfort.  I don't want to see what happens with a full dose of it.

16th of Opal, Year 406

The ghost of the dwarf-turned-earring is said to be haunting the halls of the fortress.  As tempted as we are to leave it -- we think it best to settle the spirit.

20th of Opal, Year 406

All sort of strange life inhabits these lower caverns -- the most interesting the plants.  Blood thorn, a wicked red log that bruises when trampled, is here in abundance.  We'll start making use of it for furniture.

21st of Optal, Year 406

We've started chopping blood thorn, and we've also made a lure and trap for creatures.  We'd like to get rid of these turkeys and replace them with something better.

We've noticed crundles running around -- small, black and red-skinned humanoids with vicious teeth.  We've noticed they lay eggs.  Delicious, delicious eggs.

1st of Granite, Year 407

Spring has come to the shores, and the snow is on the verge of melting.  We, however, are just getting warmed up.

Slagbottom continues to do an excellent job leading us day-to-day, and is finding plenty of joy in his work and quarters.

AleDiamond likewise has adapted well, and is improving her cooking -- now a true novice of the craft.

Gloomy is... gloomy.  But not overly so.  We suspect he'll be just fine.  He hasn't seemed to react to the death of his lover, yet.  No doubt it weighs on his mind.

No changes to the quarters -- although the south-west is now set up as our hospital.  We needed it to treat the dwarves affected by the smoke.

Booze production has been put on hold -- we have too much to store!  We've plenty of room to store raw plump-helmets, so we'll stock up on those for a while.

Our dwarven syrup industry is in full swing -- delicious roasts are being cooked day and night.

Farming and industry continues to be a bit of a mess, but our minecart system is working well.  We're considering adapting it to haul stones in from areas strip-mined outside the fortress.

Training continues, and was a good decision.  The dwarves appreciate being able to train -- and every good thought counts.

We now have a simple entry-way at what is going to be the foundation of our tower -- we can do trade here, and it provides access to the dungeons/fortress below.

And work continues on the tower.  This first level will be made the library -- we'll expand from there.

The overseer seems frustrated that we haven't caught any "fish," yet.  He always says "fish" with air-quotes.  I'm not sure why.

Onward!
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

Akaramu

« Reply #89 on: July 06, 2018, 05:45:13 PM »
Are dwarf marriage and birth rates back up now? In the last version (before this one) they were waaaay down...

oh, and can I be a female librarian named ApplePie? Thanks  8)

Feco

« Reply #90 on: July 06, 2018, 05:53:30 PM »
Are dwarf marriage and birth rates back up now? In the last version (before this one) they were waaaay down...

oh, and can I be a female librarian named ApplePie? Thanks  8)

Totally.  We've had 4 births in a couple years, which isn't bad!  We'll start forcing dwarves to pair up soon, if they don't on their own.

ApplePie!  She's actually the chief medical dwarf, but the only lady-dwarf fit to be a scholar at the moment.  She'll be a scholar/librarian and chief medical dwarf once the library is going.  She's actually a pretty good mason too -- she realized her dream of creating a work of art (... a really nice siltstone block) in Helmsfirst.

She's actually got a decent family -- one child born a year before Helmsfirst was founded, and one born here in Coastlabor.

She's been in both forts, but hasn't done anything notable except adopt a dog.  Perfect for adoption!

I'll add her to the front page.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 06:03:42 PM by Feco »
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

Hauwke

« Reply #91 on: July 06, 2018, 05:59:03 PM »
Gloomy can be heard sulking constantly since the news about his lover was broken, he seems particularly dark of late. Almost dark enough to start raising the undead? Maybe not but he is certainly 'joking' about it.

In other news, he does seem pleased that he got a good bed and that his terrible labor is finished.

Feco

« Reply #92 on: July 06, 2018, 06:01:00 PM »
Gloomy can be heard sulking constantly since the news about his lover was broken, he seems particularly dark of late. Almost dark enough to start raising the undead? Maybe not but he is certainly 'joking' about it.

In other news, he does seem pleased that he got a good bed and that his terrible labor is finished.

Think he would say that while eyeballing the gigantic dead crab-monster we managed to drag out of the caverns? :)
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

Hauwke

« Reply #93 on: July 06, 2018, 07:33:39 PM »

Think he would say that while eyeballing the gigantic dead crab-monster we managed to drag out of the caverns? :)

He would change it to begging to play with it.

WanderingOoze

« Reply #94 on: July 06, 2018, 10:38:57 PM »

I thought
Part 5 -- Foul News
BadSkeelz, Smudgfist and Smudgefist's giant snapping turtle, Tritus, Shem Brassballs, and Warshaper were all killed defending the village.

This...Does not please Smudgefist!  :'(
I thought Smudgefist came to the new place?
 R.I.P though, at least she went down fighting side by side with the Giant Turtle.

Since She's dead can I be Redorfed when something is availible?? A Military dorf named Gronkle. If they could also be part of the 'fishing' project  or a miner that'd be cool.
The Ooze is strong with this one

You are our official hammer, Ooze.

Malachi 2:3

Delirium

• Helper
« Reply #95 on: July 06, 2018, 10:47:59 PM »
Sayonara, Brassballs. You fought and died like a true dorf.

Which ones are currently available? Any particularly... interesting migrants?

Will they tell your story in the end?
Who lives, who dies, who tells your story?

BadSkeelz

« Reply #96 on: July 07, 2018, 12:08:10 AM »
Remember me as I lived: making crafts consisting of raw ingredients that I progressively and increasingly half-assed preparation for.

In honor of my brother's WoW character I'd like a new dwarf to be named Hron. Preferably with some cheese-related crafts or focuses.
janeshephard: You really think BadSkeelz understands the concept of Wine In Front of me? This guy shot me as a townie when he felt threatened. The man's a neandrathal.

Miradus: He's not some weird mental abomination. He's just a guy on the internet.

Cind

« Reply #97 on: July 07, 2018, 02:30:14 AM »
AleDiamond likes gravestones, huh? Wow, okay.

I like this new site; the last one was too fertile.

I've heard that its possible to colonize Hell.

The Warshaper

« Reply #98 on: July 07, 2018, 03:40:46 AM »
"Friends, feh! I have an entire Outpost to worry about!" Slagbottom may not value friendship but he does enjoy helping his people prosper. The lonely leader worries for the safety of Coastlabor after news of Helmsfirst. He's curious as to which dwarf could step up to the task of 'Broker' the best and is interested in more trade to fund the Outpost and Tower's progress. He's eager to receive a dwarf that could act as a jeweler to profit more from the gems found below.

Feco

« Reply #99 on: July 07, 2018, 11:12:49 AM »
If you've been redwarfed/dwarfed, or are planning to, you probably won't see updates in the next post, because I've played it and didn't give those dwarves special attention!

Updates the post after that, probably.  I intend to keep everyone abreast of their dwarves.

He would change it to begging to play with it.

On it, M'Lord.

I thought
Part 5 -- Foul News

This...Does not please Smudgefist!  :'(
I thought Smudgefist came to the new place?
 R.I.P though, at least she went down fighting side by side with the Giant Turtle.

Since She's dead can I be Redorfed when something is availible?? A Military dorf named Gronkle. If they could also be part of the 'fishing' project  or a miner that'd be cool.

Unfortunately you can't pick the dwarves that travel with the expedition, but we intended to ask for Hemsfirst to send Smudgefist to us.  The goblins beat us to it :(

Meet 'Gronkle' Reclusestockades.  Gronkle is one of our Militia Captains, tends to the farms in his off time, and is married to ApplePie, with whome he's had two children.

He'll be moved to the fishing expedition once we've got something to write home about.

You and Akaramu should come up with names and potential careers for the kiddos!  You each pick one, maybe?

Sayonara, Brassballs. You fought and died like a true dorf.

Which ones are currently available? Any particularly... interesting migrants?

Here's an open list for anyone interested:

• Eshtan Postworked - miner.  This is her third outpost.  "She personally finds art offensive and would have it destroyed whenever possible."
  • Dastot Bridgebound - carpenter.  This is her fourth outpost (worked with Tally at the Armory of Blood, even). She likes pineapple wine. Claimed
  • Goden Rockprison - animal trainer.  Worked closely with Smudgefist at Helmsfirst.  Currently in charge of our animal training operation.  Her favorite material is warthog hoof.
  • Kogsak Laborshield - bookkeeper. Second outpost.  Has a husband (Zuglar) and one child.  Likes ramie plants for their useful stems.
  • Zuglar Fametowns - cook.  Husband to Kogsack.  Legendary chef.  Prefers to consume bonobo.
  • Bembul Bridgedoil - bone carver and miner.  Murdered a dog and a dwarf while tantruming in Helmsfirst.  Often stressed.  Wife of 'Hron' (see below).
  • Thob Paintednamed - leatherworker.  A romantic.  No lover, yet.  His upper lip is missing, and his neck is severely scarred -- he fought for the Armory of Blood against our dwarven enemies, and had his lip ripped off by an elf.
  • Mebzuth Raysock - founding stonecrafter.  Dreams of raising a family.  Simple dude.
  • Sakzul Athelikud - founding farmer.  Dreams of making a great work of art. Also a simple dude.  Mostly acts as out butcher, now.
  • Shorast Staffshoved - great cook.  Third outpost.  "She is obsessed with order and structure in her life, with everything kept in its proper place."
  • Odom Rasyfurnace - furnace operator.  Fourth outpoist.  Was expelled from Helmsfirst, and "values independence" because of it.  Married to Melbil, our current manager.  Two children. Claimed
  • Melbil Stoppaged - manager.  Doesn't have any notable skills.  Will be made scholar.  Married to Odom, two children.
  • Zan Anvilbaldness - founding brewer.  Likes dwarven beer.
  • Ingiz Laborcloistered - woodcrafter.  Gonna be a scholar. He lived at Helmsfirst before.
  • Mosus Racepage - plant processor.  She helps Hron press dwarven syrup.  On track to be a scholar. Claimed
  • Tosid Searattic - Performer, broker, jeweler.  Appointed by Slagbottom (see below).  One of the founders.  Likes "raccoon men for their mischief."
  • 6 children/babies of various parents -- blank slates more or less.

Remember me as I lived: making crafts consisting of raw ingredients that I progressively and increasingly half-assed preparation for.

In honor of my brother's WoW character I'd like a new dwarf to be named Hron. Preferably with some cheese-related crafts or focuses.

Hron it is!  He has hopes of milking strange cavern creatures and turning it into delectable cheeses.

He's currently a tavern keeper, and is in charge of pressing sweet pods into dwarven syrup.

I can't tell you how many dwarves I've had cancel work because they're "unconscious."  It's from Hron serving (AKA: forcing) them mugs of dwarven rum.

He's currently married to the oft-depressed bone-carver and miner Bembul.  They have no children, yet.

AleDiamond likes gravestones, huh? Wow, okay.

I like this new site; the last one was too fertile.

I've heard that its possible to colonize Hell.

Agreed!  I believe it is indeed possible.  There are rumors that terrible things lurk in the SPOILER circus, though.

"Friends, feh! I have an entire Outpost to worry about!" Slagbottom may not value friendship but he does enjoy helping his people prosper. The lonely leader worries for the safety of Coastlabor after news of Helmsfirst. He's curious as to which dwarf could step up to the task of 'Broker' the best and is interested in more trade to fund the Outpost and Tower's progress. He's eager to receive a dwarf that could act as a jeweler to profit more from the gems found below.

Yes sir, Expedition Leader, sir!

Tosid Searattic came as the original carpenter, but was surpassed in skill by an immigrant.  She's currently a performer at the tavern, but has been given additional responsibilities as a jewler and broker.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 01:34:51 PM by Feco »
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC