Author Topic: Dominions 5 Revengeance  (Read 229 times)

Zoltan

Dominions 5 Revengeance
« on: June 10, 2018, 04:36:17 PM »
Our last Dom5 game sputtered out, but I'm wondering if anyone would like to get another one going. If Moe doesn't want to mess around with direct connect, I'd be happy to admin the game using llamaserver. Here's a multiplayer guide that talks about how to use llamaserver for play by email:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1212948582

The main hassle for llamaserver is that you need to submit and receive your turns via email and move the turn files to the appropriate directories. Once you've done it a couple times, it's quite simple. On the admin side, llamaserver takes care of a ton of busywork, so it will be a lot more reliable than that time I did standard PBEM years ago.

So far Valeria and I are in to play. We're both leaning toward MA, but that's flexible. I'm also thinking that the map will be Peliwyr or Biddyn based on the number of players we get, since those come with the game and don't need to be downloaded. For mods, the latest Worthy Heroes will be fine (and links to mods are included on the game page). I would prefer to keep the throne points fairly low so the game has a feasible end point.

Finally, if I admin I'll want to keep a fairly regular turn time limit so the game remains consistent. I was thinking of just leaving it at 48 hours unless we all decide that 24 hour turns are fine for the early game. If anyone needs an extension, they shouldn't PM me but instead put it in this thread to make sure I see it (I'm seldom signed in to my account). If someone stales a couple of times in a row, I figure it would be best to set them AI rather than look for a sub, since our Armer Dom5 community is not exactly huge.

If you're interested, just post what nation you would like and let me know if you'd like some different settings or rules. Once we have our players, I'll edit this post with a link to the game page and we can get started. To avoid randos taking up slots, I'll be kicking any nation that isn't claimed in this thread. I don't want to ban any particular nations, but if you feel strongly about it, let us know in this thread and we can discuss it. My goal is to have a fairly casual, steady game. :)
Trunk
 hidden by 'body/torso'
 hides nipples

valeria

• I have a writing blog.
Re: Dominions 5 Revengeance
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2018, 05:06:25 PM »
If we do MA, I call Arcoscephale.

Marauder Moe

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 01:34:42 AM »
I've been traveling a lot, and I'll pretty much be gone the entire month of August, so I'm afraid I can't join up on this one.   :'(

valeria

• I have a writing blog.
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 12:29:06 PM »
From the lack of current interest, a September start might not be a bad thing. (I say, suddenly remembering that I have a vacation planned soon.) Would you have any preferences on age?

Marauder Moe

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2018, 03:01:57 PM »
MA is my favorite too.