Author Topic: Am I ever going to be able to read the stuff I was asked to read?  (Read 320 times)

Ki

The site seems like it's in the middle of a being rearranged, the in-game help files are spotty as well. My character is supposed to know things that of course she can't because I don't, and has been chided for not knowing stuff. The gamestaff seem to assume that there are things to read before you play, and that that's how people learn what the gameworld is like. MUDs founded after this one, have extensive in-game helpfiles as well as a functioning wiki. If this game does not want newbies, why are there people going to other MUDs to recruit for it?

Rahnevyn

• Storyteller
Re: Am I ever going to be able to read the stuff I was asked to read?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2018, 04:21:07 PM »
Welcome to Armageddon! Sorry you're having trouble locating documentation. We understand that getting started can feel daunting. Hang in there and I'm sure we can help.

It's likely that what you're looking for exists, but perhaps it hasn't been easy to find. The help files are extensive, but there are gaps or perhaps you're searching with different keywords.

The New Player Forum, the helper live chat, and the Armageddon discord are all great resources to find information about the game. There are a number of good player-written guides you can find on the GDB as well. If all of those avenues fail, you can also feel free to open up a question request to staff via our request tool.

I hope this helps! Welcome once again.
Quote from: Rock
Scissors are fine.  Please nerf paper.

Brokkr

• Administrator
Re: Am I ever going to be able to read the stuff I was asked to read?
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2018, 05:23:53 PM »
Although we do not have a wiki, all the help files are located at our website, www.armageddon.org

If you have suggestions or feedback on what you were not able to find, we would appreciate the feedback.  The request tool, located on the website, is the most efficient way to provide specific feedback.