What's the Worst Thing You've Ever Done?

Started by Cind, June 06, 2018, 08:45:00 AM

I think my PC's are generally evil. But there's a few moments that stand out, more because they were really entertaining than they were more evil than anything else I've done.

I remember the first evil thing I did successfully. I was playing a dwarf with a focus to get coins. He made friends with a dwarven rukkian, and then tricked a salarri dwarf to come to that broken down wagon that used to be south-west of allanak, years ago. Then we trapped him there and I killed him for his loot. That was my first ever PK, I think. The Rukkian was a lunatic and very well played - great experience for me as a new player.

Played a dwarf that worshipped the silt sea, used to raid people and throw their items into the silt as a sacrifice. I knocked someone out while they were salting, dragged them to the edge of the sea, and made them walk out two leagues into the shallow silt as a 'test of silt' to see if they were worthy of the silt's blessing. I knew that there was a dujat hiding in the waves that was going to kill them... I hope the player appreciated the scene though. It's actually a great log, I should send it in.

I played a raider that was an escaped gladiator. I found a couple of Allanaki grebbers and made them fight their mount for my PC's enjoyment, the same way Allanaki citizens used to watch him fight for their enjoyment. They both died, really fun scene though.

Played an Arabetti bounty hunter - Seulif. There was one contract on a pregnant woman that felt a little ickier than most other Pkills I've done.

Played a Nilazi that raised an undead posse from corpses in the 'rinth, and had them shadow me to the Salarri shop in Allanak. Had them all attack some poor sap all at once and knock them out. Then, I subdued and dragged them off while guards were killing my minions. I dragged him off to the alleys, trying to dodge aggro NPC's that would have killed him. My victim's PC buddy followed us there and put me down before I could do anything nefarious, however.

I intentionally emoted smacking an NPC kid in the face with a battleaxe because my Byn Sarge said not too.

God I love riots.

The worst thing I've done in semi-recent memory is when my PC betrayed her lover of many years to his worst enemy.

I've done a lot of terrible things, but they'd require a good bit of exposition... so I'm just gonna stick with that one. I still think about that final, poignant emote he threw out when he was bleeding to death. It was beautiful.

Quote from: Delirium on June 24, 2018, 10:06:01 PM
The worst thing I've done in semi-recent memory is when my PC betrayed her lover of many years to his worst enemy.

I've done a lot of terrible things, but they'd require a good bit of exposition... so I'm just gonna stick with that one. I still think about that final, poignant emote he threw out when he was bleeding to death. It was beautiful.

This made me chuckle, sounds pretty epic.

As an Uaptal Jihaen, led the destruction of the House Uaptal, because the Sun King told me to.

I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

June 26, 2018, 07:07:57 AM #55 Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 07:16:17 AM by Grapes
EDIT: Let's pretend it didn't happen.
Quote from: Is Friday
If you ever hassle me IC for not playing much that means that I'm going to play even less or I'll forever write you off as a neckbeard chained to his computer. So don't be a dick.

Threatened a baby in front of its mother as an AoD soldier way back when. Wasn't proud of that.

Quote from: TitaniaArl on June 26, 2018, 07:06:36 PM
Threatened a baby in front of its mother as an AoD soldier way back when. Wasn't proud of that.

Some people get all the fun.

June 30, 2018, 03:10:48 PM #58 Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 03:13:32 PM by LauraMars
These are always my favorite threads, I have done bad things.

With a whiran over a decade ago I killed so many npcs by abusing the code. I became massively rich by selling their gear. I also teleported into the secret areas by random chance and looted a lot of fancy stuff I wasn't supposed to have access to.

I made a character called "the man with no hair", killed a templar npc, stole his robe and wore it around, becoming "the man with no templar" for a very brief time.

Really, so much code abuse and meta joking I could write a whole book about my sins.

On an IC front, some Oash lord crashed his massive argosy in the canyons of waste and I sent some vandals out to burn it to the ground before he could retrieve it for repairs. That was pretty bad.

Various seductions that ended in death for the seduced party.

Dirty dirty dirty southern politics.

One character cut off a lot of people's fingers and I do mean a lot.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

I once burned a crashed Oash argosy in the canyons before it could be retrieved for repairs, probably costing them a fortune.

....ehehehehehehehehehehehehe
You begin searching the area intently.
You look around, but don't find any large wood.
You think: "Story of my life."

Quote from: Bogre on June 25, 2018, 07:29:47 PM
As an Uaptal Jihaen, led the destruction of the House Uaptal, because the Sun King told me to.

Praise the sun!

Pretty much every PK I've regretted how it went down. I don't regret killing them, as it was always motivated IC. But after every single one I find myself thinking of things I could have said or done to make that death epic and interesting.

Instead they're all some combination of "Don't do it!." [mantishead] Or "I can't believe you're still doing this after I said I'd kill you if you kept doing this." [mantishead].

Might have, under the cover of night,  collected hundreds of corpses  from piles across the city and then may have dragged them to an old warehouse before the merchants quarter was revamped and then perhaps butchered them up and fed them to the starving masses making those piles of corpses, all for the Highlord!!

And then maybe I invited a Borsail noble to see the inner workings of the soup kitchen and added her to the menu.  Deaded by a Templar who was not impressed.
Quote from: ZhairaI don't really have a problem with drugs OR sex
Quote from: MansaMarc's got the best advice.
Quote from: WarriorPoetIf getting loaded and screwing is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

Quote from: Marc on July 01, 2018, 12:49:40 PM
Might have, under the cover of night,  collected hundreds of corpses  from piles across the city and then may have dragged them to an old warehouse before the merchants quarter was revamped and then perhaps butchered them up and fed them to the starving masses making those piles of corpses, all for the Highlord!!

And then maybe I invited a Borsail noble to see the inner workings of the soup kitchen and added her to the menu.  Deaded by a Templar who was not impressed.

Amazing.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

I never allied with a Laura Mars character for any hijinks whatsoever. I was kankin' in the rinth, that's my alibi.

One of my first characters was a hideously bad character, I can't really chock it up to 'worst thing' so much as 'ignorant noob', but a friend and I definitely caused unwarranted mischief in town for a good hour before being destroyed.

I had a templar's aide that went on a crooked cop sort of spree once, and overtaxed merchants everywhere, making a pretty 'sid of fifty that I never should have.

Another character, perhaps way above her place, but acting on her superior's green light, waged a 'political' war against a certain noble, and managed to come out on top. I still feel weird about that one at times; probably should've been skinned in the streets.  ;D

An ancient character of mine went into the gaj, singing a song about Borsail nobs, (something corny like, "What a Bore-say-ole man, won't ya go rut a kank' if I remember right) just to lure his aide into an alleyway for sweet murders.

I've been a pretty nice player, all in all; or my memory is just awful.  8)

July 01, 2018, 01:18:33 PM #65 Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 01:22:42 PM by deskoft
Traveled with my Konviwedu bard from Tuluk to Allanak undercover with the Byn, hiding my identity at all times, with three mysterious cages. Sneak'd through the city to open the cages at strategic points, releasing rats that had the plague into the city sewers. Returned to Tuluk to be praised by Winrothol. When the city fell, traveled to Allanak, got arrested and went ahead to spill this information as a way to keep myself alive. My character was, if I recall well, convincing himself that by climbing the Allanaki ladder he would be able to serve the Sun King better. While (virtually) fucking up Tuluk. Almost got allowed to have a life in the Atrium teaching, or serving nobles, but eventually I got kicked out of the city to be allowed re-entry (if things got less heated up, due to political pressures on having this Tuluki around). Went to Red Storm and got murdered the fuck out by Tuluki loyalists.

You will always be my one and true lover, my dear Flaire.

My Borsail noble also lashed, a lot.

July 01, 2018, 02:50:59 PM #66 Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 03:04:35 PM by Bebop
When Allanak was in famine and there were riots happening due to starvation my criminal PC was feuding with the Templarate.  The Templarate decided to have people come receive free food in the Arena but my character didn't want them to have any chance to be trusted or perceived as the good guys, she wanted to perpetuate the idea that they were hoarding food and letting everyone starve.

So before they could do that she and her friend drug an NPC soldier into the rinth, killed it and she donned it's gear and went around passing out poisoned loaves of bread in the name of the Highlord.  Dozens of people start vomiting their guts out.  Children die all around her.  A riot starts and she runs away.  She mass murdered starving people all while convincing herself that she was really saving them in the long run.  Then she made a rumor that any food received from the Templarate could be poisoned after what appeared to be a soldier was seen dispensing poisoned food to try to weaken their position.

To be fair it did haunt her and she ultimately took her own life by downing the same poison after all of her close friends were killed or died off.

With that same PC I tried to attack an NPC that used magic to have me end up in Iskander. 
That was a tricky one to explain to the PCs that found me.  But I should save that for a thread entitled the stupidest thing you've ever done - to which I would likely have one of the longest lists.

Quote from: deskoft on July 01, 2018, 01:18:33 PM
Traveled with my Konviwedu bard from Tuluk to Allanak undercover with the Byn, hiding my identity at all times, with three mysterious cages. Sneak'd through the city to open the cages at strategic points, releasing rats that had the plague into the city sewers. Returned to Tuluk to be praised by Winrothol. When the city fell, traveled to Allanak, got arrested and went ahead to spill this information as a way to keep myself alive. My character was, if I recall well, convincing himself that by climbing the Allanaki ladder he would be able to serve the Sun King better. While (virtually) fucking up Tuluk. Almost got allowed to have a life in the Atrium teaching, or serving nobles, but eventually I got kicked out of the city to be allowed re-entry (if things got less heated up, due to political pressures on having this Tuluki around). Went to Red Storm and got murdered the fuck out by Tuluki loyalists.

Wow, awesome.
The neat, clean-shaven man sends you a telepathic message:
     "I tried hairy...Im sorry"

Was once a part of the nilazi coven that kidnapped  very vibrant, well played, colorful tuluk social butterfly aide, convinced her that we could return her lost dead love, and drained her lifeforce, vibrancy, and colour. All to make our void cursed, emotionless, nilazi husks to temporarily feel like normal humans again.

There might have been an orgy afterwards, rolling around in a pool of blood.

Quote from: Dar on July 02, 2018, 01:12:14 AM
Was once a part of the nilazi coven that kidnapped  very vibrant, well played, colorful tuluk social butterfly aide, convinced her that we could return her lost dead love, and drained her lifeforce, vibrancy, and colour. All to make our void cursed, emotionless, nilazi husks to temporarily feel like normal humans again.

There might have been an orgy afterwards, rolling around in a pool of blood.

That one requires a genuine 'holy shit dude'

Character pissed off my pickpocket. Saw they had 4 or 5 mount tickets on them. Stole all of them.

Yeah, I know, I'm a monster.

Quote from: hyzhenhok on July 02, 2018, 06:24:47 AM
Character pissed off my pickpocket. Saw they had 4 or 5 mount tickets on them. Stole all of them.

Only if you took them to the slaughterhouse!  :P

I mean, duh. Then you use the profits to buy the meat that shows up in the butcher shop, cook yourself a nice steak, and pair it with some celebratory booze.

No? Just me?

July 28, 2018, 01:03:17 AM #73 Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 01:17:17 AM by Synthesis
Quote from: Hicksville Hoochie on July 02, 2018, 09:37:36 PM
Quote from: hyzhenhok on July 02, 2018, 06:24:47 AM

Only if you took them to the slaughterhouse!  :P

Shit.  I had a single PC make upwards of 20,000 'sid by stealing mount tickets.  The only reason this wasn't a widespread ploy is that most people couldn't stand playing pickpockets, or couldn't play them right, because they were such one-trick ponies.

It's only a matter of time until people start bitching about the miscreant class:  mark my words.

I think the shittiest thing I ever did in-character was sapping a high-up Guild PC while he was idling in the Trader's Inn (I was AoD clanned at the time), failing to kill him, then repeatedly attacking him and finally killing him while he was subdued by an NPC soldier that had rushed in to help me. (This was probably like 15 years ago, so don't hate.)

The most cruel thing IC...I dunno...the Staff decided we had to purge certain people from a certain clan, so I had to help orchestrate the really cold-blooded murder of several folks who my PC actually liked and had no other reason to want to kill.

Ooh, also...I had a Rukkian HG who helped some really bloodthirsty Salarris slaughter an entire village.  That mental image of an inix trampling a child to death is pretty sick.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

The mother of four who let the different fathers raise them all and is the only character I've ever had pk someone.

Characters:
Killed a gemmed rukkian who betrayed the tribe she ran with a runaway gemmed.
Then proceeded to kill the runaway gemmed's mate while he killed hers.
They consummated the relationship on the dead body of his dead, pregnant, former mate.
She later left their twins with him after having a baby with a gypsy.

NPC:
Helped the gypsy (unwittingly) sacrifice the baby by giving him a hundred of the mos powerful spell components in the world to help him summon something which proceeded to then kill the child and, if I recall right, take his eye.

I've had a lot of characters do a lot of messed up things but, none of them compare to that combination of bad.
Quote from: Namino on October 11, 2018, 05:38:09 PM
"This is a mugging. Now etwo your weapon and nosave combat."

The mugger brandishes his wooden sword in one hand.