What's the Worst Thing You've Ever Done?

Started by Cind, June 06, 2018, 08:45:00 AM

To someone, or to a group, to yourself? Many different possible answers.

I'm a pretty mild player, but I remember an elf dying of thirst and I gave him an empty waterskin. I mean, by accident, but it was pretty funny after the fact. The one time I had been careless with my waterskin. He died in that room twenty seconds later.

The person playing that elf, I think I also drove him off Discord, which I feel a little bad about, but less so because he was always busy IRL and really didn't need a nosy discord buddy who talked a lot more than he did.

There was something a long time ago that I did that was bad, but for the life of me I can't really remember. I think it had to do with rinthis and poison and was during a time where I was willing to bring some shit down on the house.
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

I have an account note that I was an extreme asshole to a newbie in the T'zai Byn once, despite them asking for help. Though I don't remember the situation at all, nor how I would have known it was a newbie, nor how being an asshole mercenary was somehow worthy of an account note.

I think that's probably the worst thing I've actually done, outside of PK (determined by a literal roll of the dice)
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quote from: Riev on June 06, 2018, 09:17:30 AM
I have an account note that I was an extreme asshole to a newbie in the T'zai Byn once, despite them asking for help. Though I don't remember the situation at all, nor how I would have known it was a newbie, nor how being an asshole mercenary was somehow worthy of an account note.

I think that's probably the worst thing I've actually done, outside of PK (determined by a literal roll of the dice)

What's the worst way you have ever PKed someone, then?

I'm afraid the only sort of nefarious things I've ever pulled are too recent to mention.
A rusty brown kank explodes into little bits.

Someone says, out of character:
     "I had to fix something in this zone.. YOU WEREN'T HERE 2 minutes ago :)"

PK: Pregnant PC. It was graphic. Really graphic.

... Really graphic.

To 'Family': I played a pretty hard-core Militia that absolutely hated Gemmed. I pulled in a couple siblings for a family role and you guessed it, both of them rolled up gemmed. Instead of making an exception (Snowflakes everywhere!!), he doubled down on his hatred. His relationship with his sister was absolutely toxic, basically claiming she was dead to her face, etc. That is until he actually found her outside the gates during a routine patrol with Torgun, I believe. He absolutely broke down and for once could mourn her not as an abomination, but as the sister he once loved.

No, but seriously, I can't describe to you how graphic that PK was.

To Zalanthas:
1595 (Year 55 Age 21)
A warparty led by Allanaki blue-robe templars and including soldiers of House Tor and gemmed from House Oash makes a foray into the Tablelands, striking for an oasis. They apparently meet no resistance, and do not stay at the oasis long before turning back for Allanak. Within hours, magickal creatures of stone strike in the streets of Luirs and Allanak, overtaking portions of the cities until they can be beat back. Simultaneously, the earth rumbles, and large swaths of the North Road between Allanak and Luir's crumble off the Shield Wall; while cliffs which border the North Road between Luir's and Tuluk collapse and cover it.

Bought and paid for while sitting on a balcony sipping wine. Events that would lead to a lot of destruction, but totally worth it. Ends justify the means. Would do it all again.

Quote from: Nao on June 06, 2018, 10:28:24 AM
Quote from: Riev on June 06, 2018, 09:17:30 AM

What's the worst way you have ever PKed someone, then?

I'm afraid the only sort of nefarious things I've ever pulled are too recent to mention.

Two Desert Elves in the grasslands. Some grebber comes up and starts trying to salt. We roll up on him and start chatting away (as best we can). I look at the other elf, and roll my pair of dice. I shake my head (knowing it didn't matter what came up) and said "You rolled low." and immediately attacked the guy. Who mounted and ran off, but desert elves... so he got deaded.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

I PKed Tuannon. He was my only direct PK ever, in all my years of playing.  :-[

Valeria's templar ordered me to do it, I swear!

I would say throw hissy fits at staff over bad IC outcomes I was having. I did this particularly severely on two occasions back around 2008-2010 or so. I had karma docked for it at the time.

In hindsight, and often within a few months of the incidents, I would realize that I was actually having a blast with the game, just getting some high highs and low lows. After two of these hissy fits I stopped having them and it has been smooth silt-sailing since.
Useful tips: Commands |  |Storytelling:  1  2

As a noble, I PK'd an extremely green newbie for not knowing how to use the 'skills' command. I didn't realize that's what was going on at the time; I thought he'd been deliberately lying to my character, when actually he just didn't know that a certain language was on his skill list at first. I really needed to be punished for that one, but I wasn't, somehow.

A lot of what my characters do is objectively awful.

The worst, in character, is probably betrayal.  Without getting into specifics, there have been more than a handful of times my PCs have straight murdered, sabotaged the career of, or sold out very close friends/allies just to preserve their own interests.  The "worst" is when they do it because of what might end up being an imagine threat -- just the threat of a threat.

I prefer my PCs to be PKd, rather than die from a fall, or from an NPC.  I far an away prefer them to be betrayed -- it's where the meat of the game is for me.

I really look forward to talking to a few betrayals in particular, in the future.  There was a lot of build-up that was maybe invisible to most people, and it had me thinking about it  constantly IRL.
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

June 06, 2018, 08:02:14 PM #9 Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 08:05:47 PM by Potaje
Quote from: Decameron on June 06, 2018, 10:54:43 AM
PK: Pregnant PC. It was graphic. Really graphic.

... Really graphic.

To 'Family': I played a pretty hard-core Militia that absolutely hated Gemmed. I pulled in a couple siblings for a family role and you guessed it, both of them rolled up gemmed. Instead of making an exception (Snowflakes everywhere!!), he doubled down on his hatred. His relationship with his sister was absolutely toxic, basically claiming she was dead to her face, etc. That is until he actually found her outside the gates during a routine patrol with Torgun, I believe. He absolutely broke down and for once could mourn her not as an abomination, but as the sister he once loved.

No, but seriously, I can't describe to you how graphic that PK was.

To Zalanthas:
1595 (Year 55 Age 21)
A warparty led by Allanaki blue-robe templars and including soldiers of House Tor and gemmed from House Oash makes a foray into the Tablelands, striking for an oasis. They apparently meet no resistance, and do not stay at the oasis long before turning back for Allanak. Within hours, magickal creatures of stone strike in the streets of Luirs and Allanak, overtaking portions of the cities until they can be beat back. Simultaneously, the earth rumbles, and large swaths of the North Road between Allanak and Luir's crumble off the Shield Wall; while cliffs which border the North Road between Luir's and Tuluk collapse and cover it.

Bought and paid for while sitting on a balcony sipping wine. Events that would lead to a lot of destruction, but totally worth it. Ends justify the means. Would do it all again.

Was this the time the demon came out of the firepit room in the Gaj and a flaming kylori attacked the western gates? Or the time with the stone gurths rolling through the center of Allanak?. Oh wait that might of been the same day as well.

Hard to say the what the worse thing I have done in game is. But I think it would have to be the acts perpetrated by my Rinthy guilder, Ervynn. He was straight up gangester. Rape, Torture, extortion, sex rings, spice dealing, assassinations and feeding orphans in his spare time.
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

lots of mudsex on the sun king's sanctuary leather couch.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

I once gave a shoeless half-elf some boots
The neat, clean-shaven man sends you a telepathic message:
     "I tried hairy...Im sorry"

The worst thing I did to myself was create a character and start playing this time sink of a terrible terribly fun game.

Also... I learned if the docs say certain races are immune to poison, it's not exactly true... Not with Shit water. Don't give it to your dwarf friends. (It's a terrible prank)
-Stoa

I threatened to cook a baby in the Gaj but I couldnt get ahold of one. I tried.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Two things... 1. I twink-killed someone on command without much of a scene because he was a known twink and I didn't want to risk death.

2. I walked into the wrong group in the bit Nak-Tuluk HRPT and had like... fifteen soldiers and HGs on me instantly. Dead before I could figure out what I'd done.

I've never done anything ba-

Okay I've never done anything that bad. Had dark, wrathful thoughts of what I thought should happen to some characters, but rules or circumstance blocked me.

I dunno, though. I guess the time I burned that elf's face off in the Gaj grill? But they probably deserved it. Or the time I killed a baby. (It was a sewer horror)

I guess the probably worst thing I did, from a code and roleplay abuse, was on my AoD Lieutenant. While riding my beetle to a patrol through the City, I saw a dead body. Next room over, I saw a guy with a bloody knife. I looked at him, he looked at me, he ran. I rode one room over and bitch-slapped him from beetleback, causing Half Giant SEAL Team 6 to repel down from the rooftops and turn him in to a smear.

In my defense I thought I had a sword out.

I pked someone on command from another character, I emoted once and killed them in two hits. I felt kind of guilty for it for awhile. Buuuut the guy had it coming.

Quote from: Decameron on June 06, 2018, 10:54:43 AM
To Zalanthas:
1595 (Year 55 Age 21)

There was resistance. I don't think I want to talk about it.

The worst thing I did was tell someone to not do something IG, which was pretty meta and OOC and didn't make sense in an IC sort of way. That was years ago when I was newbier than I am now. That's the only bad account note I had.
I ruin immershunz.

I'm not really sure what's on my account notes. Honestly, I haven't done anything bad on purpose, so I'm sure there isn't much on there. There is a line from someone though, I remember now, that kind of warmed my heart because they liked the way I roleplayed something.

One time I was Pearl, Silteye's brother. Neither of those were our real names, mine was Pasheen, and I was the crazy little sister who'd tell you that the moon was bleeding out or that cheese is another form of poison. One time, we were moving to Allanak so he could join the byn (which explained why I was a runner when he was a sargaent; I simply joined later.) And I'd brought five large I'd made and a BIG ASS bag of spice.

The Arm was looking for a man with one eye, and bingo, Silteye had one eye for those of you who remembered him. So, the Arm stops us at Meleth's. And I've got this BIG ASS bag of spice in my inventory.

>drop bag
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

Quote from: Cind on June 07, 2018, 01:47:40 AM

One time I was Pearl, Silteye's brother. Neither of those were our real names, mine was Pasheen, and I was the crazy little sister who'd tell you that the moon was bleeding out or that cheese is another form of poison. One time, we were moving to Allanak so he could join the byn (which explained why I was a runner when he was a sargaent; I simply joined later.) And I'd brought five large I'd made and a BIG ASS bag of spice.

The Arm was looking for a man with one eye, and bingo, Silteye had one eye for those of you who remembered him. So, the Arm stops us at Meleth's. And I've got this BIG ASS bag of spice in my inventory.

>drop bag

The spare, sharp-eyed templar says to the grisly, one-eyed brute, in sirihish:
     "You are hereby fined four small, for bringing a truly obscene amount of spice into His City. 

I'm not really sure what's on my account notes. Honestly, I haven't done anything bad on purpose, so I'm sure there isn't much on there. There is a line from someone though, I remember now, that kind of warmed my heart because they liked the way I roleplayed something.

>drop bag
Was this in the past two years because if so I think I heard about this and I kekked audibly.

>drop bag

I might remember this. I might have been a part of the group.

Quote from: Akaramu on June 06, 2018, 02:03:39 PM
I PKed Tuannon. He was my only direct PK ever, in all my years of playing.  :-[

Valeria's templar ordered me to do it, I swear!

Honestly, if that's the event I think it was it was a fall guy situation and those sorts of things aren't 'bad' acts. In any event there have been a lot shittier things happen to people.

Quote from: Tuannon on June 07, 2018, 02:39:46 PM
Honestly, if that's the event I think it was it was a fall guy situation and those sorts of things aren't 'bad' acts. In any event there have been a lot shittier things happen to people.

:-*