watch skill

Started by 650Booger, May 25, 2018, 12:36:24 PM

is it possible to get this skill beyond novice?  Been playing for a few years, use it regularly on most of my PCs, but have never seen it bump.
"Historical analogy is the last refuge of people who can't grasp the current situation."
-Kim Stanley Robinson

May 25, 2018, 12:49:29 PM #1 Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 02:22:08 PM by Nao
Yup, and it's pretty awesome at higher levels. You start to pick up on a lot of things that aren't obvious. I don't know if it caps at novice for some classes or characters, though.
A rusty brown kank explodes into little bits.

Someone says, out of character:
     "I had to fix something in this zone.. YOU WEREN'T HERE 2 minutes ago :)"

Here's a tip for all you Bynners...

WATCH the person you're sparring. Always. You can't codedly watch anyone else, anyways, and you may as well catch if they're starting to falter or if there is an opening you wouldn't catch otherwise.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

^

It's one of the better ways to skill it up. I always figure you're new to the sparring scene if you aren't using it.
Whatever happens, happens.

Also, note this.  Help: hemote

another thing to note about watch, its stated in the helpfile but not often reconinzed.

Watch, with high skill in it, and high skill in things that are sneaky, makes it even easier to detect said things - such as theft.

Quote from: 650Booger on May 25, 2018, 12:36:24 PM
is it possible to get this skill beyond novice?  Been playing for a few years, use it regularly on most of my PCs, but have never seen it bump.

It skills up pretty quickly if you watch NPCs or critters that hide.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.