Author Topic: A Suitable Background?  (Read 545 times)

BrokenRomance

A Suitable Background?
« on: May 22, 2018, 07:25:15 PM »
I'm coming back to activity after being off Armageddon for a year, and I want to try and make this my best character ever. Starting with a good description (I've done that) and now I'm trying to come up with a good background.

I was wondering, is it acceptable to write in that my character is the child of some nebulous character that has a shop in a city or something like that?
All I see turns to brown, as the sun burns the ground
And my eyes fill with sand, as I scan this wasted land
Trying to find, trying to find where I've been.

Hauwke

Re: A Suitable Background?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2018, 08:17:55 PM »
You can write almost anything really, you could write up that your character is the child of a successful merchant who owns a shop somewhere, but you will also need to come up with some small reason why you dont have their money etc.

ShaLeah

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2018, 10:42:36 PM »
It's my understanding that being the child of an in game NPC *must* be approved by staff FIRST.

Alluding to a vNPC is entirely up to the roleplayer.
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Riev

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2018, 11:13:38 AM »
I was wondering, is it acceptable to write in that my character is the child of some nebulous character that has a shop in a city or something like that?

Its perfectly alright to say that your father used to own a small stand in the bazaar, or that your family has always sold pottery on the street, etc.

Just remember that there may need to be a justify, as Hauwke said, why you don't have access to their money, or why people can't just go for a round in the Bazaar and not see your family.
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.