drunk code

Started by Potaje, May 09, 2018, 09:51:51 PM

would be cool if the drunk code began to slur your speech the more drunk you became. sometimes I find it hard to add that in myself and think, wow how cool if it was more natural. So I could talk like I would normally but it doesn't quite make it out as intended, which would be pretty real. But perhaps far to much work.

Or put a descriptive tag according to the level of intoxication

or instead of only falling down you staggered in the wrong direction
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

Or if it did an automatic "change mood weepy" from time to time.
Sitting in your comfort,
You don't believe I'm real,
But you cannot buy protection
from the way that I feel.

Quote from: Potaje on May 09, 2018, 09:51:51 PM
would be cool if the drunk code began to slur your speech the more drunk you became. sometimes I find it hard to add that in myself and think, wow how cool if it was more natural. So I could talk like I would normally but it doesn't quite make it out as intended, which would be pretty real. But perhaps far to much work.

Or put a descriptive tag according to the level of intoxication

or instead of only falling down you staggered in the wrong direction

Quote from: Seeker on May 09, 2018, 10:21:25 PM
Or if it did an automatic "change mood weepy" from time to time.
And sent you feels.
You feel like crying.
You feel like you love everyone.
You scrappy.
You feel like you're leaning to the side a bit too much.
You feel your head loll forward.

For totally plastered though, not for just drunk.

Fun code change. I love fun code!
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

I think it put speech over the command line limit before and caused crashes.
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

I seem to recall that the drunk code used to slur your speech, but then it was removed.

It is very easy to manually do it.  What if you speak more 'correctly' in another language when you're drunk?   I know it happens to me when I speak french.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

There are many different kinds of drunks. I don't like the idea of forcing people to respond to intoxication in a certain way.

Quote from: sleepyhead on May 10, 2018, 10:27:36 PM
There are many different kinds of drunks. I don't like the idea of forcing people to respond to intoxication in a certain way.

Never thought of that. I think there's only one universal 'totally plastered' though, least what I've witnessed, heh.
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Shaleah's idea of how being totally plastered affects feels lines up with my personal experience. Unsure if that's just coincidence or not.
Quote from: Is Friday
If you ever hassle me IC for not playing much that means that I'm going to play even less or I'll forever write you off as a neckbeard chained to his computer. So don't be a dick.

I hate the drunk code. As a long-time drunk I haven't just fallen down in decades.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Quote from: WarriorPoet on May 11, 2018, 04:59:36 PM
I hate the drunk code. As a long-time drunk I haven't just fallen down in decades.

I am a lifelong alcoholic! I can drink and drink but if I have an ale I will fall down when I walk.

I agree the falling down thing is a bit jarring.
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!