Author Topic: Mudlet Graphical Prompt  (Read 7406 times)

deskoft

• Helper
Re: Mudlet Graphical Prompt
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2018, 03:09:20 PM »
Okay, so the inventory list isn't showing properly for me. It's spread out in many lines. For some reason, my char's name isn't showing properly -- this is in the new update. The original one does work fantastically well. Maybe also including colors for the EQ and I would be cool, like a color for the <across back> tag and then the equipment. I would be all for reducing the font size.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 03:11:21 PM by deskoft »

azuriolinist

« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2018, 10:18:40 PM »
That's odd. Can you try entering the command 'setprompt' so that it sets the prompt for you?

Heade

« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2018, 12:32:51 PM »
Is the using/carrying window optional? Is there a way to turn it off?

This looks awesome but that window is a bit large for my tastes.
I used to have a funny signature, but I felt like no one took me seriously, so it's time to put on my serious face.

azuriolinist

« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2018, 07:36:51 PM »
Yeah, definitely.

You can turn it off by, firstly, opening up the script editor. In Triggers, deactivate the 'sidebar' trigger group under 'arm_gui'. Make sure 'catchprompt' is still activated. You can move it out of the trigger group, if need be.

Disable the script 'sidebar' under Scripts, and the timer group 'sidebar' under Timers. You probably might have to save the profile and restart Mudlet.

azuriolinist

« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2018, 12:27:17 AM »
I updated the OP to include two download links -- one with a sidebar and one without. Plus, you shouldn't need to manually install the Fondamento font anymore.

ALSO, Mudlet's dev featured a screenshot of this over at https://www.mudlet.org/!!!

Inky

« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2018, 06:10:13 PM »
It does not seem to be capturing the equipment list. I've tried reinstalling the package with a fresh profile too.

Veselka

« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2018, 02:53:14 PM »
I can get the bar to work (Shows health, etc.) but none of the image files show up. I'm using a Mac, so I can't select the zip file, it just shows up as a folder when I try to install.
Live your life as though your every act were to become a universal law.

--Immanuel Kant

azuriolinist

« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2018, 09:43:39 PM »
It does not seem to be capturing the equipment list. I've tried reinstalling the package with a fresh profile too.

Can you see whether the trigger 'begininventory' under arm_gui/sidebar is activated?

I can get the bar to work (Shows health, etc.) but none of the image files show up. I'm using a Mac, so I can't select the zip file, it just shows up as a folder when I try to install.

Huh. Were you installing it through the Package Manager?

Alternatively, try pasting one of these one-liners into Mudlet to install the package:

Prompt
Code: [Select]
lua function d(a,b)if not b:find("arm_prompt",1,true)then return end installPackage(b)os.remove(b)cecho("<lime_green>Package installed!\n")end registerAnonymousEventHandler("sysDownloadDone","d")downloadFile(getMudletHomeDir().."/arm_prompt.zip","https://raw.githubusercontent.com/azuriolinist/armageddon-mudlet/master/arm_prompt.zip")
With sidebar
lua function d(a,b)if not b:find("arm_gui",1,true)then return end installPackage(b)os.remove(b)cecho("<lime_green>Package installed!\n")end registerAnonymousEventHandler("sysDownloadDone","d")downloadFile(getMudletHomeDir().."/arm_gui.zip","https://raw.githubusercontent.com/azuriolinist/armageddon-mudlet/master/arm_gui.zip")

Veselka

« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2018, 10:46:25 PM »
Wow, that 100% worked. The inventory is showing, but not equipment, though. This is a beautiful setup, thank you!

EDIT:
I can see it trying to make the EQ function work...It spits out my EQ every so often randomly, but doesn't capture it to the sidebar.

Also sometimes the room description shows up in the inventory screen until I refresh it with 'I'.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 11:10:46 PM by Veselka »

--Immanuel Kant

azuriolinist

« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2018, 04:23:35 AM »
Wow, that 100% worked. The inventory is showing, but not equipment, though. This is a beautiful setup, thank you!

EDIT:
I can see it trying to make the EQ function work...It spits out my EQ every so often randomly, but doesn't capture it to the sidebar.

Also sometimes the room description shows up in the inventory screen until I refresh it with 'I'.

That's odd. The issue with the EQ might have to do with how I'd exported the package. The bug with the room descriptions and other text showing up in the inventory screen is caused by the function relying on the prompt to stop. It's a little hacky, admittedly.

I updated the script, which should work out those kinks. Could you see whether uninstalling the package through the Package Manager and re-installing it with the one-liner works?

Veselka

« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2018, 11:08:12 PM »

EDIT:

That's odd. The issue with the EQ might have to do with how I'd exported the package. The bug with the room descriptions and other text showing up in the inventory screen is caused by the function relying on the prompt to stop. It's a little hacky, admittedly.

I updated the script, which should work out those kinks. Could you see whether uninstalling the package through the Package Manager and re-installing it with the one-liner works?

Uninstalled and reinstalled, still the same. EQ doesn't function but Inventory works out swell.

--Immanuel Kant

Veselka

« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2018, 06:31:30 PM »
Is there a way to make the inventory the only thing on the sidebar? I realized the game outputting "EQ" every few minutes can actually break hide, so it has some affect on gameplay.

--Immanuel Kant

Delirium

• Helper
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2018, 06:49:41 PM »
I wonder if it's possible to change "EQ" to "look self" and get similar output? That would fix that problem.
"There are no happy endings, because nothing ends." - Schmendrick

Veselka

« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2018, 10:22:16 PM »
Ended up going for the non sidebar version and I'm happy. I'm used to seeing my inventory in the main screen anyways, and it removes the EQ-prompting problem.

--Immanuel Kant

azuriolinist

« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2018, 02:00:30 AM »
Huh. Yeah, I'll try and figure it out. It's weird, because I haven't been able to replicate the bug.

Edit:

Minor update! I separated the scan and listen prompts into toggle-able buttons, plus added gauges for the hunger and thirst level. The hunger and thirst gauges may not be completely accurate, just yet. I'm not exactly sure if I have the different hunger and thirst levels right.

For the meantime, I have thirst at this order: dehydrated, parched, very thirsty, thirsty, little thirsty, not thirsty. Hunger, on the other hand, goes in this order: starving, famished, very hungry, hungry, little hungry, peckish, satisfied, full, stuffed.

You can install it by pasting one of these one-liners into Mudlet:
Prompt:
lua function d(a,b)if not b:find("arm_prompt",1,true)then return end installPackage(b)os.remove(b)cecho("<lime_green>Package installed!\n")end registerAnonymousEventHandler("sysDownloadDone","d")downloadFile(getMudletHomeDir().."/arm_prompt.zip","https://raw.githubusercontent.com/azuriolinist/armageddon-mudlet/staging/arm_prompt.zip")
Prompt (with sidebar):
lua function d(a,b)if not b:find("arm_gui",1,true)then return end installPackage(b)os.remove(b)cecho("<lime_green>Package installed!\n")end registerAnonymousEventHandler("sysDownloadDone","d")downloadFile(getMudletHomeDir().."/arm_gui.zip","https://raw.githubusercontent.com/azuriolinist/armageddon-mudlet/staging/arm_gui.zip")
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 02:26:23 AM by azuriolinist »

Veselka

« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2018, 01:37:20 PM »
This left a bunch of fields blank/not responding. Health shows as 30/125, stun just shows ST and won't update, accent shows as 'accent' and language as 'language', and the food/thirst meters aren't present as well as listen not being present.

--Immanuel Kant

azuriolinist

« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2018, 07:40:25 PM »
Ah, right. Can you set your prompt to prompt %h/%H|%v/%V|%t/%T|%m/%M|%A|%w|%S|%a|%o|%d|%e|%E|%p|%P|%O|%n|%u|%U>? (or just type in 'setprompt'). That should add the parameters for hunger and thirst.

azuriolinist

« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2019, 08:18:17 AM »

Yayay! Finally got around to setting up a semi-automatic mapper with this Generic Mapping Script from the Mudlet forums. Thanks, Inky, for pointing me towards it. If you already have the prompt/gui installed, please uninstall it before installing this new one!

Paste the following command into Mudlet's command line to install:

lua function d(a,b)if not b:find("arm_gui",1,true)then return end installPackage(b)os.remove(b)cecho("<lime_green>Package installed!\n")end registerAnonymousEventHandler("sysDownloadDone","d")downloadFile(getMudletHomeDir().."/arm_gui.zip","https://github.com/armageddon-mudlet/armageddon-mudlet/raw/master/arm_gui.zip")
Mapping
To begin mapping, enter start mapping <area name>. Also make sure that you have brief exits off. Room exits should look like [N, E, S, W], rather than [NESW].

Fundamental Aliases
  • start mapping <optional area name> - use this command to start adding new content to the map, area name is required if there are no rooms in the map
  • stop mapping - use this command to stop mapping
  • save map - saves the map to a file (map.dat, located in the profile folder), this is generally only needed to share the map with someone else, or to act as a backup in case something happens to the map that Mudlet maintains for your profile
  • load map <optional 'local'> - loads the map from the location specified in the download_path, or from the local copy
  • export area <area name> - exports a file to the profile folder with data for the named area
  • import area <area name> - imports area data from a file created with export area, must be located in profile folder
Aliases
  • map mode <simple, normal, or complex> - sets the mapping mode, determining what exits are set automatically as you move around
  • set area <area name> - move the current room into the named area, area will be created if it does not currently exist
  • shift <direction> - use this command to move the room you are currently in around on the map
  • merge rooms - use this command to combine the room you are in with any other rooms in the same location and with the same name
  • clear moves - use this command to clear the move queue after you attempt a move that doesn't succeed, but for which there is no trigger indicating this with the onMoveFail event
  • add door <direction> <optional none, open, closed, locked> <optional yes, no> - adds a door in the given direction, defaulting to closed (use none to remove a door), and defaulting 'no' for one-way status
  • add portal <entry command> - adds a portal that uses the given command for entry. To force this command to create a new room, rather than linking to an existing one, put -f before the entry command, like this: add portal -f enter portal
  • set exit <direction> <roomID> - sets the given direction to connect, one way, to the room with the specified roomID, used for very complex areas. To set the destination room for a portal, put -p before the portal entry command like this: set exit -p enter portal 1124
Normal User Aliases
  • find me - use this command to search the entire map to try to locate you based on room name and exits. Typically not necessary, as this will be done anyway if a person moves and their location is unknown
  • find path <room name> OR <room name> ; <area name> - used to find a walking path to a room with the given name, in the given area if specified
  • set character <name> - sets the current character name (stored as map.character)
  • set recall - sets the current room as the recall room for the current character
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 01:52:13 PM by azuriolinist »

azuriolinist

« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2019, 08:54:23 PM »
Update:
 - Added an equipment button next to the inventory button, which toggles between equipment and inventory on the sidebar (arm_gui)
 - Added a 'riposte' button to the prompt, which toggles between normal and riposte stance (arm_gui/arm_prompt)
 - Included mapping script in arm_prompt

The equipment list should now use 'l self', to avoid breaking hide. Thank you, Veselka and Delirium, for pointing that out!

Because I've added '%c' to the prompt, set your prompt up by typing in the following:
setprompt
Installation
Paste either of the following into Mudlet's command line:

Prompt
lua function d(a,b)if not b:find("arm_prompt",1,true)then return end installPackage(b)os.remove(b)cecho("<lime_green>Package installed!\n")end registerAnonymousEventHandler("sysDownloadDone","d")downloadFile(getMudletHomeDir().."/arm_prompt.zip","https://github.com/armageddon-mudlet/armageddon-mudlet/raw/master/arm_prompt.zip")
Complete GUI
lua function d(a,b)if not b:find("arm_gui",1,true)then return end installPackage(b)os.remove(b)cecho("<lime_green>Package installed!\n")end registerAnonymousEventHandler("sysDownloadDone","d")downloadFile(getMudletHomeDir().."/arm_gui.zip","https://github.com/armageddon-mudlet/armageddon-mudlet/raw/master/arm_gui.zip")
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 10:19:07 PM by azuriolinist »

CodeMaster

« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2019, 09:00:55 PM »
This is awesome.
The neat, clean-shaven man sends you a telepathic message:
     "I tried hairy...Im sorry"

azuriolinist

« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2019, 09:26:59 PM »
I completely forgot to tack this new update on to the thread. Here it is, before it slips my mind again.

Updates:
  • Updated the generic mapping script to base it out of the generic_mapper.xml script that now comes with Mudlet, since Mudlet version 3.17.0. This update makes it possible, among other things, to update the mapper from within the client. There is also now a number of map commands, such as map help!
  • Gauge bars are now updated to calculate the HSV color based on the current and max values. The lower the current value, the closer it is to the red spectrum of the HSV color range. The higher, the greener.
  • Based on the update function in the new generic_mapper.xml script, arm_gui and arm_prompt now come with update functions. It should check for an update every time Mudlet is connected to the MUD. If it does find an update, the alias updatearm is enabled. By typing updatearm, the update will be downloaded and installed.
  • In arm_gui, the equipment list was reverted to use the eq command. It also now has scroll buttons! If your PC has a plethora of equipped items, you needn't worry about losing sight of any of it!
  • The inventory and equipment timers should also be disabled when entering 'Text Editor' mode in Armageddon. (no more random 'eq's and 'i's in the rumor post you were writing up)
  • And some general bugfixes, all throughout!

To install, first uninstall any previous version of the packages (arm_gui/arm_prompt) you might have installed through the Package Manager. Note that the mapper now comes separately from the prompt and gui.

Copy and paste the one-liner of your package of choosing into Mudlet's command line:

Prompt
lua function d(a,b)if not b:find("arm_prompt",1,true)then return end uninstallPackage("arm_prompt")installPackage(b)os.remove(b)cecho("<lime_green>Package installed!\n")end registerAnonymousEventHandler("sysDownloadDone","d")downloadFile(getMudletHomeDir().."/arm_prompt.zip","https://github.com/armageddon-mudlet/armageddon-mudlet/raw/master/arm_prompt/arm_prompt.zip")
Complete GUI
lua function d(a,b)if not b:find("arm_gui",1,true)then return end uninstallPackage("arm_gui")installPackage(b)os.remove(b)cecho("<lime_green>Package installed!\n")end registerAnonymousEventHandler("sysDownloadDone","d")downloadFile(getMudletHomeDir().."/arm_gui.zip","https://github.com/armageddon-mudlet/armageddon-mudlet/raw/master/arm_gui/arm_gui.zip")
Mapper
lua function d(a,b)if not b:find("generic_mapper",1,true)then return end uninstallPackage("generic_mapper")installPackage(b)os.remove(b)cecho("<lime_green>Package installed!\n")end registerAnonymousEventHandler("sysDownloadDone","d")downloadFile(getMudletHomeDir().."/generic_mapper.zip","https://github.com/armageddon-mudlet/armageddon-mudlet/raw/master/generic_mapper/generic_mapper.zip")
And if, for some reason, the one-liners don't work, install the package manually:
Download links
arm_prompt.zip
arm_gui.zip (with sidebar)
generic_mapper.zip
« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 01:07:22 AM by azuriolinist »

Feco

« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2019, 08:06:10 AM »
Damn son, this is some seriously cool stuff.
Sunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

Khorm

« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2019, 05:19:16 PM »
Is there a way to increase to font size of the prompt? It seems fairly small.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 05:24:05 PM by Khorm »
Her head is average.

azuriolinist

« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2019, 11:07:24 AM »
Is there a way to increase to font size of the prompt? It seems fairly small.

Hey there! Sorry about the late reply. If you have the script downloaded, you can do this manually, albeit it'll be a lot of search-and-replacing. You should be able to find the prompt script by opening the script editor, selecting "arm_prompt" or "arm_gui", then selecting the "prompt" script.

You can then do a search for the "font-size" properties of each element you want to modify the font size of. Raise the number right after it. Once you're through with setting the font sizes, save the script.

This should ideally display your prompt with updated font sizes. If anything looks wonky, type "lua resetProfile()" into Mudlet's command bar and follow that with any random command (as long as it's being sent to the game).

I'll try to simplify this and update the script when I get on my computer over the weekend. Right now I'm on mobile, or I'd be giving you more fleshed out steps.

Khorm

« Reply #49 on: July 30, 2019, 03:43:26 PM »
sounds good. can probably figure it out from there. thanks for the info! and all the coding involved.
Her head is average.