Author Topic: Mudlet Graphical Prompt  (Read 2458 times)

deskoft

Re: Mudlet Graphical Prompt
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2018, 03:09:20 PM »
Okay, so the inventory list isn't showing properly for me. It's spread out in many lines. For some reason, my char's name isn't showing properly -- this is in the new update. The original one does work fantastically well. Maybe also including colors for the EQ and I would be cool, like a color for the <across back> tag and then the equipment. I would be all for reducing the font size.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 03:11:21 PM by deskoft »

azuriolinist

« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2018, 10:18:40 PM »
That's odd. Can you try entering the command 'setprompt' so that it sets the prompt for you?

Heade

« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2018, 12:32:51 PM »
Is the using/carrying window optional? Is there a way to turn it off?

This looks awesome but that window is a bit large for my tastes.
I used to have a funny signature, but I felt like no one took me seriously, so it's time to put on my serious face.

azuriolinist

« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2018, 07:36:51 PM »
Yeah, definitely.

You can turn it off by, firstly, opening up the script editor. In Triggers, deactivate the 'sidebar' trigger group under 'arm_gui'. Make sure 'catchprompt' is still activated. You can move it out of the trigger group, if need be.

Disable the script 'sidebar' under Scripts, and the timer group 'sidebar' under Timers. You probably might have to save the profile and restart Mudlet.

azuriolinist

« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2018, 12:27:17 AM »
I updated the OP to include two download links -- one with a sidebar and one without. Plus, you shouldn't need to manually install the Fondamento font anymore.

ALSO, Mudlet's dev featured a screenshot of this over at https://www.mudlet.org/!!!

Inky

« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2018, 06:10:13 PM »
It does not seem to be capturing the equipment list. I've tried reinstalling the package with a fresh profile too.

Veselka

« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2018, 02:53:14 PM »
I can get the bar to work (Shows health, etc.) but none of the image files show up. I'm using a Mac, so I can't select the zip file, it just shows up as a folder when I try to install.
Live your life as though your every act were to become a universal law.

--Immanuel Kant

azuriolinist

« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2018, 09:43:39 PM »
It does not seem to be capturing the equipment list. I've tried reinstalling the package with a fresh profile too.

Can you see whether the trigger 'begininventory' under arm_gui/sidebar is activated?

I can get the bar to work (Shows health, etc.) but none of the image files show up. I'm using a Mac, so I can't select the zip file, it just shows up as a folder when I try to install.

Huh. Were you installing it through the Package Manager?

Alternatively, try pasting one of these one-liners into Mudlet to install the package:

Prompt
Code: [Select]
lua function d(a,b)if not b:find("arm_prompt",1,true)then return end installPackage(b)os.remove(b)cecho("<lime_green>Package installed!\n")end registerAnonymousEventHandler("sysDownloadDone","d")downloadFile(getMudletHomeDir().."/arm_prompt.zip","https://raw.githubusercontent.com/azuriolinist/armageddon-mudlet/master/arm_prompt.zip")
With sidebar
Code: [Select]
lua function d(a,b)if not b:find("arm_gui",1,true)then return end installPackage(b)os.remove(b)cecho("<lime_green>Package installed!\n")end registerAnonymousEventHandler("sysDownloadDone","d")downloadFile(getMudletHomeDir().."/arm_gui.zip","https://raw.githubusercontent.com/azuriolinist/armageddon-mudlet/master/arm_gui.zip")

Veselka

« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2018, 10:46:25 PM »
Wow, that 100% worked. The inventory is showing, but not equipment, though. This is a beautiful setup, thank you!

EDIT:
I can see it trying to make the EQ function work...It spits out my EQ every so often randomly, but doesn't capture it to the sidebar.

Also sometimes the room description shows up in the inventory screen until I refresh it with 'I'.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 11:10:46 PM by Veselka »

--Immanuel Kant

azuriolinist

« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2018, 04:23:35 AM »
Wow, that 100% worked. The inventory is showing, but not equipment, though. This is a beautiful setup, thank you!

EDIT:
I can see it trying to make the EQ function work...It spits out my EQ every so often randomly, but doesn't capture it to the sidebar.

Also sometimes the room description shows up in the inventory screen until I refresh it with 'I'.

That's odd. The issue with the EQ might have to do with how I'd exported the package. The bug with the room descriptions and other text showing up in the inventory screen is caused by the function relying on the prompt to stop. It's a little hacky, admittedly.

I updated the script, which should work out those kinks. Could you see whether uninstalling the package through the Package Manager and re-installing it with the one-liner works?

Veselka

« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2018, 11:08:12 PM »

EDIT:

That's odd. The issue with the EQ might have to do with how I'd exported the package. The bug with the room descriptions and other text showing up in the inventory screen is caused by the function relying on the prompt to stop. It's a little hacky, admittedly.

I updated the script, which should work out those kinks. Could you see whether uninstalling the package through the Package Manager and re-installing it with the one-liner works?

Uninstalled and reinstalled, still the same. EQ doesn't function but Inventory works out swell.

--Immanuel Kant