Author Topic: Mudlet Graphical Prompt  (Read 1333 times)

azuriolinist

Mudlet Graphical Prompt
« on: May 09, 2018, 08:50:21 AM »

Download
Updated 2018-05-20: updated to use :gsub to replace slashes with escaped backslashes.

I've been tinkering with Mudlet for a bit and got this prompt bar up. I'm planning on writing a mapping script to go along with it (some day) and to (potentially!) combine the two into a profile resembling a GUI for Mudlet.

Installing it should be fairly straightforward besides the font and the background colors.

Installation
Open Mudlet and navigate to the Package Manager (this is also found under Toolbox > Package manager).

Press Install and open the arm_prompt.zip file.

The prompt bar uses the font Fondamento. The font files are included inside the fonts folder in the arm_prompt.zip file.

Setting the prompt
In game, you will have to set your prompt to %h/%H|%v/%V|%t/%T|%m/%M|%A|%w|%S|%a|%o|%d|%e|%E|%p|%P|%O|%n>. The alias setprompt does this for you.

Setting the background color
Because Mudlet does not (AFAIK) support setting the background color through a script, you will have to set it yourself through the preferences. Otherwise, you're left with a weird brown outline around the main console and behind the prompt!

In the Profile preferences window, open the tab Color view and change the background colors (Background, Command line background, and Command background) to #16130F.

Alternatively, you can keep the background black. Modify arm_prompt.xml within the zip file and change the line setBorderColor(22,19,15) to setBorderColor(0,0,0).

An... example of how it should look in use:

If you have any feedback, those would be appreciated!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 09:10:04 PM by azuriolinist »

chrisdcoulombe

Re: Mudlet Graphical Prompt
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018, 12:43:10 PM »
Tek has 930 hp no wonder
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

Jihelu

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2018, 04:51:37 PM »
This is very cool

So I uninstalled it for a moment and this seems to be stuck, how do I get rid of this massive gap?

https://imgur.com/a/EFqNSVP
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 05:23:37 PM by Jihelu »

chrisdcoulombe

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2018, 05:17:38 PM »
Okay what am I doing wrong, its not gagging the prompt or putting the prompt into the boxes.
Quote from MeTekillot

azuriolinist

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2018, 09:22:41 PM »
So I uninstalled it for a moment and this seems to be stuck, how do I get rid of this massive gap?

https://imgur.com/a/EFqNSVP

Huh, it must have saved the border setting. Open up Preferences and click on the Main display tab. You can set the size of the Display border through there (so you probably want Border bottom height at 0).

Okay what am I doing wrong, its not gagging the prompt or putting the prompt into the boxes.

Praise Tektolnes!

Also, huh. Did you try setting your prompt to %h/%H|%v/%V|%t/%T|%m/%M|%A|%w|%S|%a|%o|%d|%e|%E|%p|%P|%O|%n>?

Jihelu

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2018, 09:26:59 PM »
Thanks!

Occasionally, I'll enter a room and it wont give the description of the room. Just "You are in x room [N, E, S] and no description. This, of course, only happening when using your prompt.

azuriolinist

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2018, 10:02:44 PM »
That's odd. Thanks for pointing it out! I'll try to pin that down.

chrisdcoulombe

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2018, 12:04:47 PM »
Whoops that had character info in it.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 12:10:46 PM by chrisdcoulombe »
Quote from MeTekillot

chrisdcoulombe

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2018, 12:11:41 PM »
And yeah I put the prompt in.  I did a screen shot and posted it and then realized it had my character info in it so I deleted it.
Quote from MeTekillot

azuriolinist

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2018, 01:42:16 PM »
Weird. How did you go about installing the package? Version shouldn't a problem AFAIK (unless your at any version before 3.0), but what version are you at?

There should be a catchprompt trigger in the Triggers area, too. Mind checking out if it's in there?

I appreciate your feedback a lot, by the way! <3

chrisdcoulombe

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2018, 03:19:30 PM »
Hmm, I installed it using the package manager, Maybe thats what it is the catch promt trigger.  Yeah Version 3.0.  I installed my old one back, but I wanted to check yours out.  I will try again and check the Catch trigger.
Quote from MeTekillot

chrisdcoulombe

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2018, 07:47:04 PM »
I got it I didn't close the prompt with >
Quote from MeTekillot

chrisdcoulombe

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2018, 08:15:29 PM »
The pics of the sword, the boot, the chest and the clock are not showing now.
Quote from MeTekillot

stoicreader

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2018, 10:20:16 PM »
OooOO I can't wait to try it!
Meh

azuriolinist

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2018, 10:47:55 PM »

Darn it. Mind trying to reinstall it from the .zip file?

stoicreader

« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2018, 05:35:40 PM »
Everything works, but the prompt is WAY too small. I got  a keyboard just now for my Surface Pro.
Meh

azuriolinist

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2018, 05:10:01 AM »
Everything works, but the prompt is WAY too small. I got  a keyboard just now for my Surface Pro.

Awesome! Mind showing how it looks on your screen (during startup, so no one sees any sekrit details)? I was hoping to make the prompt info easy to absorb, but not take too much attention from the MUD's text on the main window.

Pheo

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2018, 11:51:38 AM »

This appears to be happening on Windows.
getMudletHomeDir() returns a string with backslash ('\')
:setStyleSheet mandates use of forward slash ('/')

Dirty change to getMudletHomeDir():gsub('\\', '/') does the trick for me.

Many many thanks for sharing this.

stoicreader

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2018, 10:47:01 PM »

Awesome! Mind showing how it looks on your screen (during startup, so no one sees any sekrit details)? I was hoping to make the prompt info easy to absorb, but not take too much attention from the MUD's text on the main window.

I had a beloved character lose connection on his final march to the arena. So I was stored by the staff. :(

Before I discovered it was my child playing with one of our routers I uninstalled mush client and bought a keyboard for my surface pro 3 tablet. This solved my travel problem but created a mudlet problem.

Surface pro 3 and mudlet are not friends. Every thing is out of proportion. QuickBooks too among other programs that don't scale to different resolutions well.

I tried changing the resolution, but nothing works. I can't even make alias triggers or gags because the font and box sizes aren't proportional.

For example "name" for alias tool says "ame" because the box is so squished. Don't yet know how to do screenshots on surface pro. My keyboard doesn't have a print screen button.
Meh

azuriolinist

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2018, 07:36:05 AM »

This appears to be happening on Windows.
getMudletHomeDir() returns a string with backslash ('\')
:setStyleSheet mandates use of forward slash ('/')

Dirty change to getMudletHomeDir():gsub('\\', '/') does the trick for me.

Many many thanks for sharing this.

Huh. I see. Thanks for letting me know! I wonder if there's a way to handle that through the package so it's compatible throughout OSes.

I'm so sorry to hear about your character. I've felt the same. Also, what you said about mudlet may be good feedback to forward to Mudlet's developers. They may look into it!

azuriolinist

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2018, 09:19:59 PM »
Updated to use :gsub on the image stylesheets, as Pheo mentioned above. Hopefully that works out the kinks on Windows.

kroack

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2018, 04:18:52 PM »
This creation is splendid, good work.

Inky

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2018, 04:49:28 PM »
This is really useful.

What would also be really sweet is an auto-updating inventory and equipment list. If that's even possible.

azuriolinist

« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2018, 01:14:29 PM »
I have been meaning to add a couple more things. I haven't been able to figure out the mapper, though. One of these days, I'll strap myself down to it.

Putting in an auto-updating inventory and equipment list proved to be really hack-y. I tried having Mudlet send "i" and "eq" to the MUD every time the prompt showed up. Kept running into the risk of it becoming an endless loop of "i"s and "eq"s, what with the prompt showing up after the inventory/equipment list.

Went with timers, instead, and manually updating the inventory/equipment list by typing in the commands. Also, I changed the look to incorporate more graphics. The color of the time of day now adjusts according to said time, while the weight bar also adjusts depending on how heavy it is. I was jealous of RiftTalon's MUSHClient set-up. Sue me!

Feedback's always appreciated. You can download the package here. Same instructions as those in the OP to set it up.

deskoft

« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2018, 02:20:54 PM »
Goodness, I always wished I could code stuff like this...