Author Topic: few questions relating karma  (Read 470 times)

Razzbane

few questions relating karma
« on: May 05, 2018, 02:45:59 PM »
hey, i just,  as a new player wonder how gaining karma works at the moment.

I'm surprised why staff don't use 'player power' to help them judging the player should get point of karma or no. Aditional option of feedback where we can write 'ok this guy is rping good for longer period of time' could be helpful i believe.

Also, how you deal with abusers? I've seen few abusers just within 2 months of my gameplay - most abusive example was when player x stolen item from player z and player z shouted x is a thief, near npc templar. Player x instead of running was just... Chuckling, telling player z something like 'i have your item and what you gonna do? ' that was highly off peak time so player x knew theres no staff around to take control of npc templar and punish him. I just facepalmed. How you deal with examples like this? In my opinion player x deserves for reseting karma to 0 at least.

seidhr

• Administrator
Re: few questions relating karma
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018, 02:39:12 PM »
We use a variety of criteria to award karma.  This is all detailed in the 'help karma' helpfile.  While player feedback may be considered as part of it, it would be difficult to reliably acquire and consolidate feedback from the playerbase to form a criteria of its own.  There is also the problem that (some) players would invariably try to hook up their friends and poo-poo on people they don't like.

Karma can certainly be docked if someone is demonstrating bad judgement.  As a player, if you see something totally out of whack, send in a player complaint request to let us know about it.