Author Topic: Saying Goodbye to a Loved One  (Read 119 times)

Strongheart

Saying Goodbye to a Loved One
« on: May 02, 2018, 11:35:09 AM »
My loving canine companion who has been with my family and I since my childhood is finally being put to rest. So many stories between us all and I'm going to miss her dearly! I am sure many of you here have had your share of animal companions over the years, does saying goodbye ever get any easier? It was definitely time, but she was still mentally there for being one old coot of a doggy.
Die gedanken sind frei.

Grapes

Re: Saying Goodbye to a Loved One
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2018, 11:40:48 AM »
With time comes acceptance, but you never forget. In body they may rest, but you carry their spirit with you the rest of your days.
Quote from: Is Friday
If you ever hassle me IC for not playing much that means that I'm going to play even less or I'll forever write you off as a neckbeard chained to his computer. So don't be a dick.

Riev

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2018, 12:50:07 PM »
We had to put down the dog I had for a solid 10 years. It had to be done, as she was going blind, had bad hips for years, and got to the point where she could not stand up for long periods of time. It was really sad to see her go, and I didn't get another dog for a real long time.

It doesn't get easier, and it shouldn't be easy in the first place. But after a while, you'll remember the good stuff about her and not the end of it.
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Strongheart

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2018, 08:59:37 PM »
Thank you guys, I appreciate the words. I am glad to say that she went out peacefully and will forever live on in our fondest memories... plus no more having to clean her pee and poo off the rug, so score! =P
Die gedanken sind frei.