New Guild Idea: Investigator

Started by Potaje, April 25, 2018, 06:52:28 PM

Would consist of skills for searching a crime scene. But also would require new skills created to decipher how someone or something was killed, i.e. weapon damage type/ number of wounds and or power of impact.

something akin to the search skill or tracking, but would echo from a set of markers that a body object created upon death would be flagged with, but those flags would be hidden and certain flags would register with the advancement of the ability.

I see this more useful in pursuit of common murderers by militia, or krath save me, a private investigator, paid by a merchant family or some low end nobility to figure out and track down the person that killed their aid, when there were no witnesses and all the clues would have been there but since few murders actually leave drop descriptions that allude to what one might discover when comes across a dead pc or npc.

Of coarse I don't see this as actually ever being implemented but it would be cool, I am sure there are a few other skills that are not in game now that could be added to spice up the sub-guild, but the standard, listen, scan, search, sneak hide, track in varying levels could also be part of it. And they would not add any game breaking elements that I can think of currently.

Skill: Investigate

echo: You begin searching the body of so and so..

Searching the body of so and so you discover it has been slashed many time by a jagged object.

so on and so forth.
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

I don't believe most people care enough. In Zalanthas, murder is everywhere and it is a norm. Militia investigating the murder of some nobody commoner is a really far stretch - who cares that Joe got stabbed fifty times? Maybe he had some nice boots. It always struck me as even more odd when a Templar would "investigate" some random corpse.

I think I am swerving a bit from the topic so I'll pull it back in. The idea is awesome - just not in Zalanthas. Maybe applied in a different way to hunters? When I am out hunting and I come across a fresh kill, I tend to take the time to examine the corpse and see if I can figure out what did it so that I know what other predators are out there...and if I want to try to track them down myself!
"People survive by climbing over anyone who gets in their way, by cheating, stealing, killing, swindling, or otherwise taking advantage of others."
-Ginka

"Don't do this. I can't believe I have to write this post."
-Rathustra

You could totally just have city hunt do this.