Branches to:
Wilderness sneak
Wilderness hide
Scan
Pilot

Branches to:
Ranger quit

Thoughts?
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

I'd take it as a main guild.

I don't play the code so I don't really know how the skills work and what moves off what but those would be necessary if I have to flee where I'm spying.  Might have to steal a wagon. 
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

Needs Climb
The Ooze is strong with this one

Quote from: 8bitgrandpa on June 28, 2016, 12:01:20 AM
You are our official hammer, Ooze.

Malachi 2:3

Climb, shield and backstab and it can definitely be a fill guild.  I probably wouldn't play anything but.

Add watch to that list. Pilot seems superfluous - you can learn that IG, and I don't see why spies need to be experts. Need to take off? Ride.
A rusty brown kank explodes into little bits.

Someone says, out of character:
     "I had to fix something in this zone.. YOU WEREN'T HERE 2 minutes ago :)"

Quote from: Nao on April 22, 2018, 04:36:05 PM
Add watch to that list. Pilot seems superfluous - you can learn that IG, and I don't see why spies need to be experts. Need to take off? Ride.
Anyone can watch. I thought.  Lol

Pilot isn't a necessity but it'd make it more interesting if that spy disappeared in your wagon along with everything and everyone in it. All the staff murderized upon arrival to the new location by enemy forces and hiding the thing until you can get pay handsomely to some master wagon maker who can alter it enough to hide who it belonged to before.

Anyone can watch but I believe some guilds and subguilds have higher caps. Kind of like ride.

Watch at higher than usual levels is absolutely amazing, and will help you pick up on things everyone else is missing. It's not just helpful for catching pickpockets.
A rusty brown kank explodes into little bits.

Someone says, out of character:
     "I had to fix something in this zone.. YOU WEREN'T HERE 2 minutes ago :)"

A sub-guild with pick and pick making sure would be nice!

Pilot would be INTERESTING but so far as I can tell, almost every wagon/argosy has a Pilot NPC that does the actual driving these days. Presumably because creating a new wagon/argosy object is maddening and difficult and that's why it costs 1,000,000 coins for something so seemingly simple.

So, I don't think the Spy would need to be able to pilot anything.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

This would be super cool if the code allowed for you to change your appearance a little when going in as a spy with some disguise skill. Adding fake tattoos, wigs, false beards and all that.

As far as a subguild with what is around currently my suggestions would be....

Skills:
Sneak
Hide
Climb

Branches:
Listen
Scan
Pick

They could also have all the various accents. I think a SPY as a subguild is a sweet idea, I just wish there was a bit more to SUPPORT a spy.
A staff member sends:
     "The mind you have reached is currently unavailable.  Please try again later."

In line with the new distinction between Abilities and Skills: new Ability idea - the ability to change your mdesc/sdesc once an IG year.
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

Quote from: nauta on April 23, 2018, 12:18:34 PM
In line with the new distinction between Abilities and Skills: new Ability idea - the ability to change your mdesc/sdesc once an IG year.

I'd just prefer a disguise skill.
Live your life as though your every act were to become a universal law.

--Immanuel Kant

Quote from: Veselka on April 25, 2018, 02:53:24 PM

Seconded. How would it work though? 

This SPY thing could totes be an actual guild. Please staff please!

A mundane spy guild exists... it's called burglar.

The only things I feel a spy needs, outside of people to actually play along with the idea and not be like "Oh that PC is a spy because spies" would be the ability to request sdesc/mdesc changes more often. So you can be sent out on a "mission" and appear to be someone else, codedly.

The issue is, Steve always looks like Steve. In medieval desert land? Maybe you can shave his beard, but beyond that.... that's Steve. and with the Way, you've connected with Steve before, and you're certain that's him, now.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quote from: Delirium on April 25, 2018, 04:52:51 PM
A mundane spy guild exists... it's called burglar.

Technically you could create a combination of guild and subguild to spy, tailored to the player's likes.  Burglar's ability and propensity to become a spy doesn't mean it IS a spy.

My suggestions to make a spy subguild, which has evolved into a primary guild, are all "passive" skills. There are no combat abilities or thieving. It concentrates on the art of espionage, of hiding and blending in in any environment so you cam obtain information. Whatever other skills the player would choose would be secondary to the ability to spy.  Not assassinate. Not burgle.

Quote from: Riev on April 25, 2018, 04:59:49 PM
The only things I feel a spy needs, outside of people to actually play along with the idea and not be like "Oh that PC is a spy because spies" would be the ability to request sdesc/mdesc changes more often. So you can be sent out on a "mission" and appear to be someone else, codedly.

The issue is, Steve always looks like Steve. In medieval desert land? Maybe you can shave his beard, but beyond that.... that's Steve. and with the Way, you've connected with Steve before, and you're certain that's him, now.
Quote from: ShaLeah on April 25, 2018, 04:50:45 PM
Quote from: Veselka on April 25, 2018, 02:53:24 PM

Seconded. How would it work though? 

That's my concern too.
a) I hate asking staff for ANYTHING. They have enough to do.
b) The possibility of twink abuse is high.

A disguise skill would take code creation,  right? The disguise skill would not only change mdesc and sdesc but it could
(and this is pushing it in my opinion cause a mind is a mind) remove keywords. I'd DEFINITELY recommend that we limit to the amount of times you have the ability to change your sdesc throughout the lifetime of the pc to once. Eye color is really the only thing that must stay exactly the same including detail. 
Add all mainstream accents and languages,  bam, make it a higher karma guild,  even without any combat/thief/gick skills.

May 03, 2018, 03:02:27 PM #19 Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 03:11:15 PM by tapas
I don't understand how espionage could even work on Zalanthas. You can't steal any planning documents. You can't kidnap anyone and interrogate them. You can't decrypt any critical information that travels over The Way. There is no reason to even send secret messages anywhere, because The Way does it all.

You can listen in on a conversation in a tavern and potentially sneak into into a meeting at a huge risk. And hope that just maybe they arn't relaying anything important from mind-to-mind.

Actively joining an organization to spy on them is a death wish 9 times out of 10. It can be sort of fun but incredibly suicidal with the way information flows freely in this game.

It's like you need to go out of your way and take substantial risks to your character just for the illusion of spycraft. And even then, players probably won't even play along.