Ideas for Content to Add to the Game

Started by Cind, April 16, 2018, 12:58:10 AM

Instead of removing stuff.

A new village, maybe. Somewhere to store a mount and get a cup of water, perhaps somewhere where people have been really wanting a place where they could do that. There is no village right now designated around the removal of ore from the ground, like the silver and gold mining towns of the American West. Those towns were often in the desert or the middle of nowhere, and were able to survive on a local well and the money from the ore.

New races with low roleplay restrictions?

Do you have any ideas for things we could add to the game? If people discuss it enough it could be made into its own thread. Mostly I want to hear ideas that people have, but possibly didn't think to make a thread about it, or thought they didn't have enough of an idea to make a thread about.
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

Drov, Nilaz, Elkros subguilds.

Full guild elementalists with the upcoming guild changes -> so you can have characters who can be more magick focused.

Northlands

More extensive things out in the Silt Sea, an island, things so people can skim around to.

I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

There are all kinds of systems that need refurbishing. But they all require a fair bit of either creative or coding bandwidth.

Removing something is probably popular because:

--It can be removed today with less labor.
--If it doesn't work, it can (probably) be added back with only a bit of labor.
--Sometimes in the larger scheme of things, 'less is more' when it comes to streamlining aspects of the game.

I'd like to see 'bury' be modified so that it can be done in other than 'save' rooms and still hold over between reboots.

This would apply to items which have been specifically planted using the 'bury' command, not anything that sinks below the surface of the sands.

Should be possible to code it to be an overlay outside of the SQL database rather than require every room be a 'save' room. A text list loaded at boot time, maintained in memory, and saved now and then. Editable in memory so it can be trimmed if there's something the staff wants to get rid of or it's getting too long.

Arm ran on the computers of the day twenty seven years ago. The present Ginka must be absolutely cavernous compared to the dingy resources available back then. I simply won't listen to arguments that it is not technically feasible.  ;D

NPC skimmers on the Silt Sea.

More reasons to take skimmers out on to the Silt Sea.

If we had another one or two races with low roleplay restrictions then it wouldn't look like a world populated almost entirely by humans. Like a race that always loves to fight, for example. I've always wanted to see that.

More air rooms sound awesome.

I want there to be some kind of supernatural entity either in the sands or in an apartment building, which manifests from time to time to harass people, eventually starting to try to kill them. However, templars wouldn't take action for a while because the first few pcs it tries to harm are (on purpose for this reason) undesirable to some extent or simply not important. Of course, the creature then harms someone who is useful to the powerful, and an RPT is scheduled for its destruction.

Like the first couple of times, it appears to a Kadian girl in the Gaj apartments for a few seconds and vanishes, and does basically the same thing to a human guy a week later. Then it does creepy things to a breed, an elf and a dwarf, in that order. However, no one does anything because none of those three people are important, right? The first two were random but probably would be employed humans statistically. Then a Salaari is physically attacked, either killed or not, and the manhunt begins. I could see this initially putting some strain on the gemmed population, as it should. Whenever anything weird happens they would get the first blame.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

Being able to use flint to start a fire.

Along the lines of Bogre's post:

Instead of having just magick subguilds and nothing else, have a pick-three for magicks. I've posted it elsewhere but I think it's still a good idea. All other subguilds have main guilds that represent their skill sets. Magicks are the only ones that don't. And so:

You pick a vivaduan, but you want it to be more like a main guild, than a subguild. You select that option in chargen.

So now - you can no longer select a main guild at all. Instead:

You can select any TWO of the vivaduan subguilds
AND
You can select a third non-magick subguild.

Either that, or restore the "legendarily primary skill" for each element, to all of that element's subguilds. Known via the official docs:
Vivadu is the "water" thing. So ALL vivaduan subguilds should be able to create water.

Whira is the "air" thing. So ALL whiran subguilds should be able to fly.

And so on.

The lethal three - drov, nilaz, elkros, should be incorporated into the sorcerer set of subguilds, but each of those sorcerer subguilds should have some type of spell that implies they're corrupted individuals. The player of that sorcerer never has to use it, but that's the whole point of having sorcerers in the game, so they all should have an actual trademark skill to represent the concept of corruption. The cap could vary depend on the subguild chosen. Maybe the one for knowledge would have a resurrect spell capped at the second-to-lowest horn or something.

Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

April 16, 2018, 09:50:55 AM #9 Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 03:30:29 AM by Molten Heart
"It's too hot in the hottub!"

-James Brown

https://youtu.be/ZCOSPtyZAPA

Bash Door
The Ooze is strong with this one

Quote from: 8bitgrandpa on June 28, 2016, 12:01:20 AM
You are our official hammer, Ooze.

Malachi 2:3

Roll armor repair and clothmaking into tailoring; add a command to the tailor skill that sizes a clothing item to any arbitrary person in the room. Chance to fail and rip the garment at lower levels based on skill.

Lady Borsail needs that gown fitted to her measurements INSIDE the compound, Krath-dang it.
Be gentle. I had a Nyr brush with death that I'm still getting over.

Spawning camps of tribal humans and/or raiders for targets to attack.

bash door

option to full magicker again

Invading force from the east that was strong enough to fight back the hive of kryl, survive, and is now looking to take over the Red Desert.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quote from: Riev on April 16, 2018, 04:41:53 PM
Invading force from the east that was strong enough to fight back the hive of kryl, survive, and is now looking to take over the Red Desert.

The Mantis would really work for that, TBH. A different clutch or simply an offshoot of the same one in the valley.
He is an individual cool cat. A cat who has taken more than nine lives.

Random desert dungeon crawls that random spawn every two weeks, random mobs / locked doors, have random treasure at the end, and get 'blown over' next week to be covered.

A poison that isn't as deadly as terradin, but causes the same type of symptoms?  One that causes you to shit your pants and vomit, and ruin your clothes?
A poison that doesn't last as long as Peraine.  Perhaps one that lowers your strength temporarily?

"Character Creation" done in the website as an alternative to using the MUD client.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Quote from: mansa on April 16, 2018, 10:53:46 PM
"Character Creation" done in the website as an alternative to using the MUD client.

Yes x 1 million

Quote from: mansa on April 16, 2018, 10:53:46 PM
Random desert dungeon crawls that random spawn every two weeks, random mobs / locked doors, have random treasure at the end, and get 'blown over' next week to be covered.

Yes, please, on dungeon crawls. We have something similar with animal nests. I want to see mooooore!

I would also love to see more poisons, and the ability for poisons to have a delayed onset.

A puking poison that isn't as ridiculously deadly as terradin would be great. A poison that dehydrates you, forcing you to drink enormous quantities of water to survive (not that OTHER poison, this one would let you drink water to survive). Poisons that cause irrational rage. A poison that makes you throw up whatever you eat, so you can't eat anything until it wears off. There are lots of effects already coded that could theoretically be caused by poisons: blindness, deafness, stumbling when you try to move, weakness, slowness.... I want to see more poison types.

YES PLEASE TO THE CHARACTER CREATION!!

I love when I get messed with by staff with various poisonous effects and stuff, I would also enjoy a few non-lethal poisons to achieve doing that to players.

I'd like to see the craft system change.

Currently, it appears that once you get "craft skill x" to 'journeyman', you get access to "A through M" recipes.   Once you get to 'advanced' you get "N through Z" recipes. 

I'd like it to change to a teaching / recipe based learning, rather than a skill percentage learning.

Example:     Weaponcrafting

ITEMCURRENT "LEARNING"Future "Learning"
a bone longswordNoviceAutomatic
a bone shortswordNoviceAutomatic
an obsidian longswordNoviceAutomatic
a curved sword of boneApprenticeTaught by Salarr NPC for $$ coins
a bone broadswordApprenticeTaught by Salarr NPC for $$ coins
an agafari longswordApprenticeAutomatic
a slender, agafari longswordJourneymanTaught by Salarr NPC in Tuluk for $$$ coins
a sharp, baobab bastard swordJourneymanTaught by Salarr NPC in Tuluk for $$$ coins
a bone-handled obsidian longknifeAdvancedTaught by Salarr NPC in Allanak for $$$$ coins
a serrated-edged, ivory-hilted longknifeAdvancedTaught by Salarr NPC in Luir's ONLY WHEN CLANNED by SALARR for $$$$$$ coins

1) Once you learn the recipe, you always have it, even after you leave the clan.
2) Maybe you could teach recipes that you know to other players?  (You can have 'mastercrafts' be taughtable)
3) It would be a coin sink
4) There will have to be a way to view all recipes that you know for each crafting skill
5) Maybe with assess it will tell you who to speak to, to learn more about making it.
6) You could have random recipes 'proc' to learn random pieces, maybe 1/300 times of crafting the same piece?
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Moar content ideas, less feature ideas plz.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Quote from: Armaddict on April 18, 2018, 04:54:04 AM
Moar content ideas, less feature ideas plz.

Yeah the coded additions over the last several years are nifty but I think I've used maybe one of them, once ever.

I'd love to see more additions to the story of Armageddon. Add new bigwig NPCs, kill off old bigwig NPCs (some are literally hundreds of IC years old) and keep throwing different crises at the players, from famine to infestation, etc. I'll take that over new skills and subguilds any day.

More global story lines that don't just affect the nobles, but also come down to the commoners.  Even if it doesn't affect me, it is neat to see it happening.  Back when one of the farms were destroyed, it affected food prices which got people to go hunting more and trying to bring goods in from the North to sell off or what not. 

Maybe something happens on the silt sea and spice is extremely abundant driving down the price for awhile for a few of the cheaper spices which then everyone in the Rinth is now stoned out of their gourd so more incidents happen in the Southside.  Maybe Kurac jumps on this and have sales all over for the cheap spice trying to get more addicts.

Simple changes can make it interesting to multiple people.  I do like the idea of randomly opening "dens" that show up in area that can be explored.  Maybe one rarer creature shows up in one of these dens which can then be hunted and skinned down for something to be used in a rarer craft or even a new mastercraft done by a Merchant House.
A staff member sends:
     "Looks like you introduced him to *puts on sunslits* the school of hard Knoxx.  YEEEEAAAAAAH"

I may be forgetting the reasoning of it being closed, with with the Atrium open again for training traditional aides, I'd love to see the Tor Academy opened again for training high class fighting aides/other.

I know the Byn can suit that as well, but I don't feel like Lord Fancypants wants his employees in training shoveling shit. :-D
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

A missile object that can be thrown or shot into a room to light it for a brief period plz.
Just like the white winged dove,
Sings a song
Sounds like she's singing
Oooo,ooo, ooo