IDEA: Think and Feel (and Way) - - like you mean it.

Started by ShaLeah, April 11, 2018, 02:52:12 PM

Would love it if you would be able to target yourself and anyone else in a room with you in thinks and feels like you do with an emote.

Example:

think (sorry for &me) I used to cry.
em seeing ~amos, me lifts ^me chin
feel ^me head held high, sanctimonious
think (annoyed when ~amos looks at !me) But now I hold my head up high!
think (satisfied when #me catches ~amos leering at !me while ~amos.current.piece.of.ass is here) And you see me. Somebody new.
contact amos
psi (letting !amos feel ^me smugness) I'm not that chained up little person still in love with you.

You think, feeling sorry for yourself, "I used to cry."
You feel your head held high, sanctimonious.
You think, feeling annoyed when the tall, muscular man looks at you, "But now I hold my head up high!"
You think, feeling satisfied when you catches the tall,muscular man leering at you while the tressy, tressed woman is here, "And you see me. Somebody new.
Letting him feel your smugness, you send a telephatic message to the tall, muscular man:
     "I'm not that chained up little person still in love with you."

I know not everyone uses all the symbols and a lot of people just direct things to the person targeted but it's sooooooooooo much more beautiful when it's the RIGHT symbol for WATCHERS too.

Thoughts?
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

I like it.
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

The Way should not be used with emotes that indicate a person or thing. It's not a full-visual system.

Quote from: Akariel on April 12, 2018, 02:52:18 PM
The Way should not be used with emotes that indicate a person or thing. It's not a full-visual system.
So what you're saying is that the lay person CAN project emotion or mood but should NOT be able to project when connected to said person that it pertains TO them?

I've had players way entire descriptions. 

I think SOME guilds should have this ability.

I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Quote from: Akariel on April 12, 2018, 02:52:18 PM

Then what IS it? As Shal said, some people have wayed entire descriptions, or been able to give decently-accurate visuals of people or clothing or what have you, as well as complex emotions leaking in.

I agree that there must be limitations with the Way, but I don't know that we've ever been told what the Way DOES allow for, as opposed for what it DOESN'T.

QuoteOnce psionic contact has been established, it is possible to send thoughts directly to the person with whom your character's mind is linked

To me, sending "thoughts" means I can send you my thoughts over the very pretty face I saw in the market the other day.

QuoteIt is convention to send emotions or images enclosed in sentinal characters like *. It is alright to do this so long as you are not imposing any emotions on the contacted character.

We can send in our own emotions, so long as we're not imposing them on someone else. So we can send thoughts, and emotions, but we can't indicate a person, or an object? I understand some coded limitations about this, and how we can just "workaround" it to begin with, but the suggestion seems to be that you can't push across color, or shapes, or visuals of any kind?
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Saying you can't include visuals in the way is to negate the entire idea of a psionic connection. I'm sorry, but I don't believe it.
Quote from: Is Friday
If you ever hassle me IC for not playing much that means that I'm going to play even less or I'll forever write you off as a neckbeard chained to his computer. So don't be a dick.

Let me rephrase; the Way is not a HD movie with exacting detail. You cannot send targeted emotes through it such as *Body feels so good when she loves you this deep* or such. You can send basic emotions and pictures through it like *a blue vase* or *heated anger*. It should not become a photographer's camera where you way the nearest Templar "*the image of a tall, muscular man* This is the Amos that did it to me, Lord Templar!*" It should also not become a psychic mind-meld so you can feel all the same bodily feelings as one's mudsecks partner.