Why does poop disappear when you quit?

Started by Rogerthat, April 04, 2018, 05:04:23 AM

I would like to know why poop disappears when you quit out. What happens if that's your side job? I don't want to make trips to the guy everytime don't call me lazy but, who thinks poop shouldn't disappear when you quit out.
Someone punches a dead mantis in it's dead face.

While I think it shouldn't, it doesn't sound like the sort of thing staff is going to work on right away. Most players are playing strong and/or rich dudes, and the bulk of staff workload caters to things like that. I like a working class nobody myself. Poop really disappears when you quit?
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

In a save room?
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

the only save room that saves poop is the room inside your body.

There is lots of poop in almost every area.  Key .   
Also talk to clan leaders and ask to shovel their shit.  They have stables and wagons with poop machines that they don't want to clean up after.
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

The point is though, why DOES dung have a fast decay rate? After 3 months in the winter, dog poop still sticks to my damn shoe. A week in a dry, dusty environment might harden it a bit?
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

because if it didn't the entire goshdarn known world would be covered in poop.

I don't think the OP's issue is the fast decay rate, I think it's that poop magickally disappears out of bags and such when you quit out.  I couldn't give you an answer about why though.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Quote from: valeria on April 04, 2018, 11:31:30 AM
I don't think the OP's issue is the fast decay rate, I think it's that poop magickally disappears out of bags and such when you quit out.  I couldn't give you an answer about why though.
Phew. I was imagining the guy who walked his big bag of poop everywhere he went, like a really hideous pet!
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Quote from: Dar on April 04, 2018, 06:58:23 AM
the only save room that saves poop is the room inside your body.

"Nice try Dar but bodies aren't rooms they're temples." - kismetronic

"more like your body is a wonderland" - kismetronic

New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

This problem could be solved by wishing up and asking for poop code for your pc.

If you log out with poo in your inventory, or severed heads, perhaps both, you lose them. They're gone.
Quote from: Is Friday
If you ever hassle me IC for not playing much that means that I'm going to play even less or I'll forever write you off as a neckbeard chained to his computer. So don't be a dick.

Not the severed heads. They stick around now. Code was updated.

Quote from: Delirium on April 04, 2018, 09:16:10 AM
because if it didn't the entire goshdarn known world would be covered in poop.
^That's the main reason^

There is a -lot- of poo in the world at any one time. Having it persist through reboots or logins/outs would be too much poo.

While looking into this, I noticed that poop was coded as food - and therefore will rot. I'll look into fixing that, though they will still disappear on logouts.

April 05, 2018, 02:26:30 PM #15 Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 02:29:56 PM by Renenutet
Quote from: Akariel on April 05, 2018, 12:32:35 PM

While looking into this, I noticed that poop was coded as food - and therefore will rot. I'll look into fixing that, though they will still disappear on logouts.

Can we fix what isn't broken? I mean eat shit is now an invective and a directive.
There are people already knowledgeable in game.  Find them and kill them so no one has cures and then poison everyone. -Kefka 2018

Quote from: Renenutet on April 05, 2018, 02:26:30 PM
Quote from: Akariel on April 05, 2018, 12:32:35 PM

Can we fix what isn't broken? I mean eat shit is now an invective and a directive.

I am heartbroken you'd think I'd make it not food.

It's still food, it just lasts forever (barring reboots and logging out with it) now.

My hero!
There are people already knowledgeable in game.  Find them and kill them so no one has cures and then poison everyone. -Kefka 2018

Wait.

You made poo not disappear?

By my calculations rats poop once every in game hour, so if the game is up for 10 days that means rooms will have ...
1440 pieces of poo.

Imagine the strain on the system eating all that poo at once to clear the room saves.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

I actually wonder. Is there? such a thing? As a strain on the system nawadays? For muds, I mean. I would imagine computers these days can handle 10x the size of a database then the entirety of Armageddon without a hiccup. Or am I thinking it wrong?

Quote from: Dar on April 05, 2018, 08:50:44 PM
I actually wonder. Is there? such a thing? As a strain on the system nawadays? For muds, I mean. I would imagine computers these days can handle 10x the size of a database then the entirety of Armageddon without a hiccup. Or am I thinking it wrong?

The hardware can handle things much better yes but some of the code is still decades old so there still can be lag issues with too many things in one area.

That said, we have been making a many years long steady march toward trying to alleviate as much of that as possible.

Solution: Master craft dung objects into something that doesn't rot.

A dried shit statute of a templar sits here, gloriously.
-Stoa