Allanak in April

Started by Suhuy, April 04, 2018, 02:22:57 AM

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Madness and mayhem on an unimaginable scale is coming to Allanak and everyone's invited.

Find yourself in the city-state between April 22 and April 25th and you can see for yourself, if you dare. Further announcements to follow.

April 04, 2018, 04:35:42 PM #1 Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 01:47:52 AM by Sorry
"And in her long nights, in her long house of smoke and miller's stones, she baked the bread we eat in dreams, strangest loaves, her pies full of anguish and days long dead, her fairy-haunted gingerbread, her cakes wet with tears."

If the above applies to you and your clan, please get in touch through the appropriate IC channels so that you can schedule your RPT accordingly.

Ideally, we'd like to get every clan scheduled and ready to go by Monday or Tuesday. That way the we can announce the full schedule a week in advance.

You can post here and/or through IC rumor boards, preferably being vague about the details if it's on here. Thanks!

Just be ready for anything!

There will be RPTs on Sunday the 22nd pretty much from 9pm server until 1 in the morning.

Expect something on Monday the 23rd at 10pm

Tuesday the 24th will get going again around 9pm and continue until midnight.

And Wednesday the 25th is still being put together.

Being present outside of these hours, however, should still yield more interaction and activity than you would normally find at that time. Essentially, Allanak will be experiencing a nonstop RPT from Sunday to Wednesday, regardless of the time of day or night.

Gather for House Borsail's event Tuesday, April 24th at 9pm EST/Server.

For any spectators, it will begin at 9:20.

See the rumor boards for details!

April 22, 2018, 02:08:34 AM #5 Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 04:13:52 AM by Sorry
Also I'm SO sorry about the early morning Monday start among the rest, I didn't pick, I can only hope in future people will try to be a bit more inclusive with events that are a bit earlier than starting in the dead of night so it's more doable for both halves of the world time zones :(

(On the plus side this is all continuous over the days, so there'll always be special stuff to see/talk to/buy/do even if you can't make the specific extra special times)
FEEL FREE TO MAKE EXTRA EVENTS OR MAKE REQUESTS FOR YOUR OWN THINGS EVEN, THERE IS NO ONE TELLING YOU WHAT TO DOOOO GOOO FOR IT :)
"And in her long nights, in her long house of smoke and miller's stones, she baked the bread we eat in dreams, strangest loaves, her pies full of anguish and days long dead, her fairy-haunted gingerbread, her cakes wet with tears."

Arena RPTs seem to all run exclusively at a much, much earlier hour of the day, at a time which some can't ever attend. The same goes for another combat heavy clan.

The timings to the April 22 - 25th RPT are actually scheduled so they can be more inclusive (not less), allowing Asian and Australian time zones a possible shot at attending. Additionally, this was one of the only dates/times which key players could attend (if we had scheduled it at a different hour, we wouldn't be able to run this at all).

RPTs of this sort have run at very different times in the past, one was even held exclusicely during very off peak hours. Don't be surprised if the next one is held at a vastly different hour of the day. For now, these are the times we're going with. It doesnt suit everyone's schedule, but no time slot does.

Arena doesn't start any earlier but usually around the same 9pm EST America (3am CEST til around 4am in Europe), it seems that nearly everything in Armageddon starts late at night really - But yeah, Australian time zones are a very good point, that makes it even more complicated / impossible to have just one time that's good for everyone, awwh.

There's another event Monday at 8PM server time. It's expected to end at a reasonable time before the 10PM event!

Check the tavern board in-game for details on ALL these events.

Quote from: Ghaati111 on April 22, 2018, 08:07:58 AM
There's another event Monday at 8PM server time. It's expected to end at a reasonable time before the 10PM event!

Check the tavern board in-game for details on ALL these events.

The first RPT is at 9pm so you may have some overlap with your thing and that one. Just to letcha know.

Sorry, nevermind. Your Monday is probably not the same as my Monday in this case :P

It's a lot easier to attend events in less-than-ideal time slots on weekends than in the middle of the week. EU players can stay up,Aussies can log on early during the day. Both of these are a lot less likely on a workday.
A rusty brown kank explodes into little bits.

Someone says, out of character:
     "I had to fix something in this zone.. YOU WEREN'T HERE 2 minutes ago :)"

Quote from: Nao on April 23, 2018, 06:09:58 AM
It's a lot easier to attend events in less-than-ideal time slots on weekends than in the middle of the week. EU players can stay up,Aussies can log on early during the day. Both of these are a lot less likely on a workday.

I completely agree, I feel that these timeslots are not quite so convenient for those players, which is really unfortunate. Any way to work with this suggestion? It's awesome having more people involved whenever possible!

Quote from: Nao on April 23, 2018, 06:09:58 AM

Yep, I agree. Unfortunately the current dates were the only ones that matched up with key player characters required to pull this off. If we had waited till a weekend lined up with all necessary parties it would have meant hosting this thing months down the road.

I'm sure there will be another something special coming your way soon anyway :) Fingers crossed for a more ideal schedule!

I applaud people for making their events at non-peak times.  So what if I can't attend, that's pretty much how off-peak people feel all the time.  I don't need to make every scheduled event at a long RPT like this to have a good time.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Thanks, Valeria. I can confirm that your presence is definitely missed... by... someone!

Also just to remind everyone this is a nonstop RPT, it's not just about the scheduled events you see posted. The city of Allanak is visibly different than it usually is and there are things visitors in the city will have access to that they normally wouldn't (and won't once this is over). There's a good chance of encountering more people during this time frame even during off peak hours, hence the "recommended play time" in RPT  ;D

April 24, 2018, 08:41:53 PM #16 Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 08:52:51 PM by Little Light
There is an arena RPT, part of the Festival, about to happen very soon IG! Loot, battle, and excitement! Your PC can probably participate, if you're in Allanak!

Quote from: Mr. Fancypants on April 22, 2018, 12:37:24 AM
Gather for House Borsail's event Tuesday, April 24th at 9pm EST/Server.

For any spectators, it will begin at 9:20.

See the rumor boards for details!

April 25, 2018, 04:17:12 AM #17 Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 05:03:53 PM by small quirri
Lords and Ladies! Citizens! And guests of Allanak!

The Smouldering Ivory Closing Ceremony is TODAY! 4/25/18 at 8:15PM Server Time.

This shall be an event you do not want to miss! It will be held at the ALLANAK ARENA and there will be some special appearances!

As soon as the Closing Ceremony ends, the final event of the Smouldering Ivory will be an exotic items auction in House Kurac's pavilion. This will begin at 9:00PM Server Time or so.

Recap!
Closing Event of the Smouldering Ivory: 8:15PM Server Time.
Exotic Items Auction at House Kurac Tent: 9:00PM Server Time

You sure 30 minutes for the first event going to be enough? You'll want to include travel time between the first event and the second event, which would make the closing ceremony thing more like 20 minutes in total. I actually think the idea of a quickie RPT is kinda cool, but that's REALLY fast.

April 26, 2018, 08:26:53 AM #19 Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 09:03:32 AM by Sorry