Limit 'skills' to show aptitude levels once a week? A day?

Started by Eyeball, March 28, 2018, 10:12:45 AM

Quote from: Riev on March 29, 2018, 02:08:03 PM
I don't believe you're the ONLY ONE who wants this. I just think there are other options available to you. Don't tell me I can't buy a large drink, because you don't want to go on a diet.

Ok, but my second suggestion about a voluntary timer solved that. You could drink all you want and I could sip.

Quote from: Armaddict on March 29, 2018, 02:11:40 PM
Most people, in this regard, will fully and stubbornly cling to the levels and tell you it's your own problem.  Don't feel the slightest bit guilty about watching those levels like a hawk and making [master] beside each your personal achievement goal.  It's what everyone else is doing right now.

Thanks, this makes me feel better.

March 29, 2018, 03:59:00 PM #27 Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 03:31:05 AM by Molten Heart
"It's too hot in the hottub!"

-James Brown

https://youtu.be/ZCOSPtyZAPA

Hell no, I type 'skills' every single time I miss an attack.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

March 31, 2018, 01:24:18 PM #29 Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 01:28:27 PM by WarriorPoet
I have this irrational but very real paranoia that if I type skills too fast after a fight/fail that it resets the counter and burns me. I still do it but I dwell on it a lot.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Quote from: WarriorPoet on March 31, 2018, 01:24:18 PM
I have this irrational but very real paranoia that if I type skills too fast after a fight/fail that it resets the counter and burns me. I still do it but I dwell on it a lot.

I have a similar paranoia that crafting without emoting reduces the odds of success.

Quote from: Eyeball on April 01, 2018, 12:20:00 AM
Quote from: WarriorPoet on March 31, 2018, 01:24:18 PM

I have a similar paranoia that crafting without emoting reduces the odds of success.

If this was true we'd never emote again.  Master here I come!

Personally I love following the growth of my skill tree, especially on days like April 1st when my skills read things like
Combat Skill - two handed               (like ur mom)   
Seems like this should fall under Manipulation Skills!  HEYOOOOO!
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

In the interest of helping everyone, what if there was a flag you could set on character creation, that set brief skills for the entire life of that character? In this manner we're not reducing anyones options, and it's not so easy to circumvent at a moments notice.
3/21/16 Never Forget