Calling all PROMPT experts

Started by Cowboy, March 03, 2018, 10:11:22 AM

I am having trouble getting PROMPT to read %E (encumbrance).   The display shows everything else but not the encumbrance.  Here is my prompt;
prompt    %h/%H   %v/%V   %t/%T   %w   %E   %s  %p

I have tried \n command thinking the PROMPT was too long.  That didn't work.
Ideas?
I'd rather be lucky than good.

I'm not an expert but first I'd check if you can just set your prompt to %E.  Try it through telnet as well as your main client.  I think 99% of the time people have problems like this, their client is parsing something and eating their input in some subtle way.
The neat, clean-shaven man sends you a telepathic message:
     "I tried hairy...Im sorry"

Yes. PROMPT %E shows light.  Now what? 

Have you tried rearranging the order (e.g. put %E before %w)? I know that shouldn't matter, but if %E works by itself, then it seems like that alone isn't the issue.
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream." - Shirley Jackson, The Haunting of Hill House

It works on no position and now it doesn't work as the lone command following the prompt.

March 03, 2018, 06:16:55 PM #5 Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 03:32:10 AM by Molten Heart
"It's too hot in the hottub!"

-James Brown

https://youtu.be/ZCOSPtyZAPA

Sounds like a bug and something you should try to replicate, log, and send in?

I'm using zmud and I got it to work by turning off parsing.  It seems to work.  I have no idea what parsing is or isn't.

I use Zmud.  Parsing is needed for your aliases to work.

Sorry about that. I am using cmud on this computer.

March 03, 2018, 07:02:36 PM #10 Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 03:32:00 AM by Molten Heart
"It's too hot in the hottub!"

-James Brown

https://youtu.be/ZCOSPtyZAPA

Turned the parsing back on and works fine now.  Thanks to all of you.